Thanks

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tony Dixon
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tony Dixon »

This feels like entering uninvited through a sacred portal, but, as I was a whistle player long before I started to make them, I feel entitled to comment.
I would like to say a sincere thank you to everyone who not only bought my instruments, but have been generous enough to let others know how they felt about them.
Countless times customers come to me via Dale's Chiff & Fipple reviews.
Without this support I would probably still be making my instruments on the kitchen table with a bread knife!
Thanks again ... Tony Dixon
FairEmma

Post by FairEmma »

Ah, but Tony, it isn't hard to offer praise for such delightful creations (nor to want at least one of each!). My sincere appreciation for these beautiful whistles and admiration for your work.

devoted,
FE
bgull

Post by bgull »

I just ordered a Low D "Duo" from The Whistle Shop" and it's on back order. What are you doing on the computer, GET BACK TO WORK! :smile:
Seriously, It's expected to arrive sometime this week, and I can't wait! And yes, my purchase was based on the great reviews of you flute here on C & F
thomlarson

Post by thomlarson »

Hi bgull,

Our latest shipment from Tony arrived on Saturday - we'll be shipping orders on Monday. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new Duo set!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: thomlarson on 2001-07-09 00:34 ]</font>
bgull

Post by bgull »

Wow, you guys blow me away with your customer service!
Thanks!
(Eh-hem...just make sure the UPS guy corrects my address in his data base, It was my fault on my first order, and now UPS is stuck on the wrong address I supplied!)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Tony,

I really enjoy playing the Dixon Low D, my first low whistle. Thank you. I'm new to whistles, having been brought up on classical and jazz piano, but after a couple years of playing Irish music on the hammered dulcimer, I found out about whistles. The sound of the low whistle was especially enchanting, so a couple of months ago I looked around the web for all the information I could find. From everything I read, particularly on Chiff & Fipple, it seemed that the Dixon Low D was a great choice for my first whistle, so I ordered your flute/whistle combo a couple months ago. I've enjoyed playing your Low D whistle for an hour or two every day since then. Thanks for getting me started.

Dave
cquick
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by cquick »

I can second or third or fourth the opinions - my Dixon low D was the first low D that I purchased and for playability and pleasant tone, it is probably the best. Excellent service from Tony as well. When my fipple came apart, he replaced it at no charge and no arguement. I am looking forward to trying one of his high D's
DrGiggles

Post by DrGiggles »

Greetings,

What's so wonderful about Tony's whistles is their quality - at such an inexpensive price. There are many high-quality whistle makers out there, but would you ever take a $300 Abell whistle to the beach, or a camping trip, or any other place where the whistle might get damaged? My Dixon has been on two camping trips and numerous hikes. The PVC has gotten a bit scratched, but the whistle still plays wonderfully. And if - god forbid - I ever break/loose the whistle, I've got a spare; and know that I don't have to re-mortgage my house to get another one... the whistle is a wonderful instrument, and I think the Dixon whistle helps make the world a more musical place.

My 2 cents,
Frank
DrGiggles

Post by DrGiggles »

I suppose a loose whistle can be a bad thing, but I think losing it would be worse :smile:

Sorry bout that,
WyoBadger
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Tony and Thom--

I can't wait to try out my low D. I'm sure I will soon be joining the legions singing the praises of Tony's whistles and Thom's shop...

Tom
jbgibson

Post by jbgibson »

Tony, without giving away any State Secrets, could you tell us a little bit about how you made whistles with a kitchen table and bread knife? I mean, the back right leg on *my* kitchen table keeps coming loose, and it *does* have a nicely conical tubular lower section, and if it comes loose again when I'm in the wrong mood I might have at it with drill and hacksaw .... but if all I needed was a bread knife, well then ....

-- jake
DrGiggles

Post by DrGiggles »

Umm... I believe he said ON the kitchen table with a breadknife. Although I would love to hear how you built your earlier whistles (with the bread knife... Were you ever able to slice bread with that knife again?). I know that Robert Clarke used one of his wife's stays as a saw for his fipples, but sheesh!

I suppose you could make a whistle out of a wooden table leg. After all, I did build a lamp out of an Old Bassoon. :smile: