OT - Worst Movie of All Time

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Chuck_Clark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Chuck_Clark »

I can't comment on movies I haven't seen. The worst I HAVE seen was "Three Amigos", a purported comedy with Chevy Chase, Martin Short and (Steve Martin??). As I said in another thread, by the time I got up and walked out I was wishing they'd given the bad guys live ammo.
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Many of Bert I. Gordon's movies, which were done on Mystery Science Theater 3000. There were actually a few in which NONE of the dialog was done by anyone facing the camera. As Crow said, he hadn't mastered the technique of synching the lips with the sounds.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

I haven't seen it myself, but my sister was talking to the video store clerk who had a degree in 'film,' and he joked that the all-time worse movie was Devil Dogs from Hell. He said they kept it off the shelf and you had to ask for it. And he would give a verbal warning that it's a bad movie. My sister was so intrigued, she just had to see it. She said it was the worse movie she ever saw. She didn't elaborate, and I never asked.

Army of Darkness, on the other hand, has been unfairly maligned.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
dlambert

Post by dlambert »

Highlander 3 - definitely
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

I'm surprised that none of the infamous Ed.Wood Jnr's films- 'plan 9 from outerspace','Glen or Glenda?',etc-haven't been mentioned yet.I really enjoyed the film 'ED.Wood',starring johnny Depp,Martin Landau(as Bela Lugosi)and s.j. Parker,which portrayed the film-maker's chaotic,but highly optimistic life.Depp played a great part,and he's also a huge Pogues fan to boot,so a good guy in my book!Kevin'clutching at flimsy Irish music/crap film link'M.
jim_mc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

When you look at an Ed Wood movie, you have to remember that he made them with no money and no talent. If you keep that in mind, Plan 9 From Outer Space is a masterpiece. Titanic was a pretty bad movie despite the cast, crew and budget. If you think of the money and talent that went into the making of it, Titanic becomes the worst movie of all time.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
Snuh

Post by Snuh »

I haven't actually seen it, but a friend of mine said one of the worst movies he had ever seen was Blood Sucking Nazi Zombies, or something to that effect.

I took his word for it. He's seen a lot of bad movies. :smile:

A.J.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: snuh on 2002-12-07 19:09 ]</font>
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

hard to pick a worst movie, but I really hated highlanderII, because it destroyed the wonder/awe/mystery of part one (which I loved). Boy, I sure was pissed off after having seen that piece of sh*t.
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

I know how you feel Amar - I felt exactly that way after seeing Star Wars Episode I, and then I felt it even worse after Episode II . :sad:

Chris
mvhplank

Post by mvhplank »

Well, Chris, thanks--you beat me to nominating Episode I. I'm curious to see Episode II, though, to watch Yoda (as my daughter colorfully said) "kick ass."

Wait a minute...I DO have a nomination: <b>"Mr. No Legs."</b>

It stars Ted Volrath and a few B movie players you'll recognize and perhaps be able to name. The premise is that a legless hit man is loose in Los Angeles. He has shotgun barrels mounted in the arm rests of his wheelchair. He dies pretty early in the movie (especially for a title character) and there's about 20 minutes of pointless chase scene at the end designed, I guess, just to fill it out to a certain number of minutes.

Mr. Volrath's life would make a better movie. A U.S. Marine, he lost his legs to a mortar at age 18 in Korea. After a period of recovery, he went looking for someone to teach him martial arts. He finally found a dojo that would take him on and he became the first man anywhere to earn a black belt from a wheelchair.

He used to do demonstrations (at least once in Madison Square Garden), taking on several "attackers," using a variety of hand techniques, the arms from his chair, and even pushing himself out of the chair to hit his assailant with his stumps.

As Grandmaster Volrath, he signed and put his chop on my 2nd dan tae kwon do certificate a few years ago. (He was a visiting dignitary, but I still feel honored and privileged by his acknowledgement.)

He was also founder of Martial Arts for the Handicapable, which taught "differently abled" people. He believed that every individual has the right to defend himself or herself.

Sadly, he was plagued with health problems and passed away last year. I'm told that he still had that prop wheelchair from "Mr. No Legs" in his basement.

It really is an awful movie. :grin:

M
Marguerite
Gettysburg
DazedinLA

Post by DazedinLA »

Without a doubt,Highlander II, the only film I've ever seen that was so painful I had to leave the theatre half way through. I was surprised, though, to find that someone else agrees with me on this.

Dogma is a film I recently finally saw that I expected to suck, but it turned out to be a great, funny flick (but then, in my book, any movie with Salma Hayek is great, but this movie would have been great even without her)
amar

Post by amar »

Daz, I remember so well how angry I was that made that junk! Damn, I was furious, part one was so good, then that...oh god..
ScottStewart

Post by ScottStewart »

One word - Ishtar. Not only was it bad, but it was long and bad. Did I mention it was bad?
Image Scott

"Peace is not defined by the absence of war."
Jim_B1

Post by Jim_B1 »

I go with the following as my top worst movies some of which have already been mentioned:

1)Like Water Like Chocolate (Trust me, the movie doesn't even make sense. Complete crap)

2) Star Wars Eposode I (the film melted on the screen about halfway through when I went and everyone applauded and woke up those of us that fell asleep)

3) Highlander II and III (both are crap. The TV show is much better than either of them)

4) Evil Dead (I liked Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness because they realized at that point that Bruce Campbell is much better at physical comedy than he is at horror)

4) Godzilla, the Matthew Brodrick one (Everyone knows what Godzilla looks like, this isn't him! The movie actually wasn't too bad but they shouldn't have tried to cash in on the Godzilla name. That just pisses me off!)

5) Super Mario Bros (I just have to ask what they were smoking)

6) Street Fighter (see Super Mario Bros)

7) Reefer Madness (Did they really think this would get kids to not smoke pot? Good for the comedic value though)

:cool: Grease II (Wasn't one enough?)

I'm sure there are more but in order to save my sanity I blocked out the worst ones. This is just what I can come up with off the top of my head. No winners on the absolute worst, just lots of contenders. :smile:
-Jim
KenWolman

Post by KenWolman »

The worst thing about the film <i>Ed Wood</I> was that it got me curious about the real thing. I actually went out and BOUGHT <i>Plan 9 From Outer Space</I>. Let's say that when my ex and I split up in 1997, we did not fight for custody of that movie--I left it behind and she never caught on. I got <i>Citizen Kane</i>.
<p>
I would have to put <i>Love Story</I> up as the ultimate in meretricious tear-jerkers. Love sometimes really <i>does</i> mean having to say you're sorry.:roll:
<p>
If you're from New Jersey you <i>have</i> to know <i>The Toxic Avenger</i>. This is drek for sure but it's having so much fun not taking itself seriously that even its most disgusting and over-the-top moments really aren't gross so much as they're parodies of crap like <i>Robocop</i>, which takes itself way too seriously.