Sweet Toots 4 Sale

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Sillydill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Sweet Toots 4 Sale

Post by Sillydill »

The following 4 tooters are collecting dust, so I'm offering them up for adoption: (left to right) Sweetheart High D Folk Fife, Shaw Whistle in A, Gill Alto Recorder (Key of F) and Sweetheart Low C Flute.

SWEETHEART D FOLK FIFE: This is a nice playing piccolo/fife, it's well in tune and has the largest bore of any piccolo I've tried. I rewrapped the tennon with waxed nylon thread. I was told it was made of Rosewood, but it looks like Walnut to me. But I had one of these a couple of years ago and it was the same thing: previous owner insisted it was Rosewood and I thought it was Walnut. So I may be wrong, but at least I'm consistent! :D I'ld like $50 plus shipping for this little one.

SHAW WHISTLE IN A: I acquired this whistle because I liked my Folk Fife in A so much. But I sound bad enough on a fife, let alone a whistle! It has a very pleasant somewhat windy tone. The previous owner left some tooth scrapes on it (not bad). I've got the original box for this one. Has Been Adopted! :)

GILL ALTO RECORDER in F: I got this one from Doc. I thought I'ld try it since I like my F-flutes so much. But I'm going to stick with flutes/fifes/piccolos. It is made of Maple and has a nice deep tone. It is like new and comes in it's original box (retails for ~$100). I'ld like $30 FREE SHIPPING WITHIN US.

SWEETHEART FLUTE IN C: This is a very nice playing flute, with a great sonorous tone (very much like a low Bb flute). I call her Blondie, she's made out of a lovely piece of Maple with lots of tiger-stripe to it. The tennon has been rewrapped with I believe waxed dental floss, it came this way and worked, so I didn't mess with it. She feels light and is very stable. She plays very well with good intonation, just don't crowd her. I believe this one has found a new home! :)

Thanks for your consideration, please contact me via Email or PM. Trades and offers will be considered!

All the Best!
Last edited by Sillydill on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Keep on Tootin!

Jordan
springrobin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play flute, whistle and harp and have been a member on this board for many years. I have tended to be a lurker recently and just posted a response for the first time in quite awhile.

Post by springrobin »

Darn Jordan-

Wonder if Blondie would be good company for Rose?
I.D.10-t

Re: Sweet Toots 4 Sale

Post by I.D.10-t »

Sillydill wrote:SHAW WHISTLE IN A: I acquired this whistle because I liked my Folk Fife in A so much. But I sound bad enough on a fife, let alone a whistle! It has a very pleasant somewhat windy tone. The previous owner left some tooth scrapes on it (not bad). I've got the original box for this one. I'ld like $25 plus shipping for this one.
You may want to try this on the whistle forum.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

I have a Shaw A.

I did some work on the windway to reduce the req and its fun to play. Very flooty sounding.

Takes a great shine too and looks good.
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Akiba
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am an Irish flute player and whistler. I have been a member since 2007? This has been one of the most informative sites on Irish flute I have found.

Post by Akiba »

I've played one of the maple Sweets in C--very nice horn, beautiful tone, excellent intonation. Almost bought it then but have the same problem now: no extra cash or time for any key/flute but session D. One of these days...

Jason
CelticNot

Shaw Low A

Post by CelticNot »

Hi Jordan,

I've sent a PM regarding the Shaw.
Cork

Post by Cork »

A new Sweetheart C flute in maple lists for $325.
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

Cork wrote:A new Sweetheart C flute in maple lists for $325.
Yeah, hard to believe someone hasn't snatched it up yet! That's a darned nice price for a Low C flute! Wish I weren't trying to downsize--you're tempting me buddy!
~~~~
Barry
Sillydill

Post by Sillydill »

Hey All!

Thanks for the kind words!

It looks like the Sweet Little D is still available. I thought it would be the first to go, but it looks like they are going alphabetically!

:D
Keep on Tootin!

Jordan
Cork

Post by Cork »

greenspiderweb wrote:
Cork wrote:A new Sweetheart C flute in maple lists for $325.
Yeah, hard to believe someone hasn't snatched it up yet! That's a darned nice price for a Low C flute! Wish I weren't trying to downsize--you're tempting me buddy!
LOL! I agree. It should have sold by now.

I'd already have made an offer, except that I already have a Sweetheart C flute in maple. Nice flute, and one of those "essential" flutes to have on hand.

For the money asked, one simply can't go wrong!
Cork

Post by Cork »

Oops! I now see that it has found a new home.

Thanks, Jordan, for such a sweet deal, and congratulations to the buyer, too.

Nice flute!