I'm thinking about selling everything I own.

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
JessieK
antispam: No

I'm thinking about selling everything I own.

Post by JessieK »

We're buying a house in Woodstock. It would be nice to not have a mortgage. If we decide to do it that way, I have to sell almost everything I own. If I do it, some will go to eBay and some will be listed here. I don't have many flutes left, but I still have quite a few superb whistles. In any case, the instruments I still have are my favorites. Be prepared.

:)
~JessieD
Jumbuk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jumbuk »

And I thought the message would be: "... to buy another flute". How disappointing, just a house!

Ronbo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Ronbo »

Jumbuk wrote:And I thought the message would be: "... to buy another flute". How disappointing, just a house!

Yeah, and likely without wheels, either. :)
daiv

Post by daiv »

Jumbuk wrote:And I thought the message would be: "... to buy another flute". How disappointing, just a house!

honestly i though it would say, "i'm going to become a monk"
Jon C.
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

daiv wrote:

honestly i though it would say, "i'm going to become a monk"
Well Jessie would have some problems becoming a monk, besides her kid and husband, they have a gender preference... :oops:
Well, good luck to you Jessie, but at least keep one nice flute.
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Casey Burns

Post by Casey Burns »

Good luck with the house move Jessie! Wild times to be relocating, given the housing market! If it means you can be mortgage free, that will be well worth it.

Curious which flutes you plan to keep.....

Casey
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Thanks, Casey. No relocating. We have lived in Woodstock for over a year. It took a long time to sell our house, but we FINALLY did in February. We're currently renting. Half of our stuff is in my parents' house and the other half is in storage. It's a good time to move.

~JessieD
springrobin
Tell us something.: I play flute, whistle and harp and have been a member on this board for many years. I have tended to be a lurker recently and just posted a response for the first time in quite awhile.

Post by springrobin »

You are truly lucky (or blessed) to have been able to sell. We moved from a little old farmhouse to a brick home 50% bigger and are SO missing the small payments, especially with a kid starting college next year and the possibility of both losing our jobs (which are linked the housing market). Oh yeah, did I mention we live in Michigan? There are sooo many houses for sale here.....
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

It took a year and a half and a 36% drop in price to sell our house. Woodstock, though, where we are now, is still in demand, so there aren't many houses available for sale. It's interesting to be on the selling side of one house and the buying side of another. It gives us an understanding of our buyer and our seller.
~JessieD
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

I love Woodstock; Larry's best friend from high school lives there. Best coffee in the world, too! Good luck, and congratulations in advance. :-)
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
sbfluter

Post by sbfluter »

You must have a lot of flutes to make that much of a difference in whether or not you'll have a mortgage. Isn't there some other way to come up with the money? Sell all but one?
~ Diane
Flutes: Tipple D and E flutes and a Casey Burns Boxwood Rudall D flute
Whistles: Jerry Freeman Tweaked D Blackbird
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I will keep some flutes and whistles, only a few. There are other things I am going to sell, too, and we do have my husband's early retirement account.
~JessieD
emmline

Post by emmline »

Weren't you saving for some bodaciously fancy gorgeous keyed flute last year or so? I suppose it's a keeper? (not that I play flute anyway.)
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Good memory. :) Yes, that was three years ago. It's not done yet. It's mostly paid off. I do intend to keep it, but we'll see what life brings.
~JessieD
irish69

Post by irish69 »

Would you mind me asking who made the flute you guys are talkin about?
"Without music, life would be an error."
Friedrich Nietzsche