Transcription of The Morning Dew?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Does anyone know where I can find the sheet music to The Morning Dew as played by the Chieftains on one of their earlier albums?
susnfx
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by susnfx »

I absolutely cannot believe you used the s-m words here, Beth! Shhhhh..... Someone will have you enrolled in SMUA (Sheet Music Users Anonymous) before you know it. :wink:

Susan
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Hey, it's true that I looked at sheet music once, but I DIDN'T read. :razz:

Edit - here's what I've got so far, if anyone wants to actually help instead of just cracking jokes. :wink: Though the jokes are fun too.

Highly simplified and Ava-version of solo whistle part at the beginning, with capitals for second octave. (Hey, I can read it, and it's worked for me in the past!) It's a reel, I think, or at least not jig time.

egb. egbg dfaf egb. egbg dfaf bge. EFG, EFED, FEDb.
GE-GFE-GFED-FEDb. (bcD) bag bagf abge. b,D bag bagf deee

After I finish a few more weeks of my theory class I should be able to actually write it in notation. Don't worry Susan, I still won't read it, and the cops won't catch me carrying it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: avanutria on 2002-12-06 15:24 ]</font>
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

Legalize It!
/Bloomfield
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

The Morning Dew is a very common session tune, and a great tune at that. Do a search on JC's ABC Tunefinder (find it on google) and it'll spit out the sheet music.
Best,
Chris
SteveK
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by SteveK »

Apparantly it's on Chieftans 4 and also a more recent compilation, neither of which I have. There's a version at the Session and probably several at JC's as Chris mentioned. The first and third measures of the version at the Session are a little odd and I've never heard it played that way.

http://www.thesession.org/tunes/display.php/69

Steve
clarinetwhistler
Tell us something.: Been quite a few years since I've been to the forums. Looking forward to spending a little more time in the community.

Post by clarinetwhistler »

Hey, Music Theory class! Don't recall that being in the engineering curriculum ... does this mean you've given further thought to what you want to be when you grow up? :smile:

Seriously, I'm sure you'll really enjoy the music classes!
avanutria

Post by avanutria »

Hi Paul!

Actually, it IS in the engineering curriculum - under the heading "Liberal Arts Concentration" - I have to take three classes in any one libby field, and one of the choices is music.

I have indeed given more thought to what I want to be but am no closer than when I started!