[Sold]: Sam Murray flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
greenspiderweb
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

[Sold]: Sam Murray flute

Post by greenspiderweb »

[SOLD]

OK, not wasting any time, here's the next up for grabs. Sam Murray keyless Blackwood D, bought from Doc Jones in May 2007. As new condition, except it now is a dark brown/black compared to these original pictures when it was spanking new. As with all my flutes, all are kept humidified at a constant 60-65% humidity, and wiped down and swabbed after each playing session.

Bought for $$1199 plus $18 shipping, and I will sell for the same, open to USA sale only. No doubt, with the exchange rate what it is now, it would even retail for more at this time.

Hardly broken in-has not left my apartment, only played in short times at home, and should be treated as new to be broken in if you will be playing in long sessions.

A very special flute-top marks for playability and tone-very expressive and a dryer tone than the Doyle. Seems to fit the melancholy mood best in my opinion, but capable of many moods in the right hands and mouth.

Hard to go wrong with this one-a joy to play! I just don't need this level of flute for my playing.

I can take direct payment or credit cards through PayPal, but need +3.5% to cover costs. Otherwise, US Postal Money Order, or if I know you, personal check is fine too.

Again, email is best.
Last edited by greenspiderweb on Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~
Barry
chas

Post by chas »

I'm glad it went quickly -- I almost bit on it (don't need another flute), definitely would have this morning.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Denny

Post by Denny »

:lol: ah, temptation :lol:

don't feel lonely!
Sillydill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Sillydill »

Somehow, I knew this flute wouldn't be available long! :D

So Barry, how long did it take to sell?

I think I hold the Chiff & Fipple record for fastest sell: 15 min! That included receipt of payment via PayPal! :boggle: I even had a second offer during that interim.

May the new Murray owner be Merry! :party:
Keep on Tootin!

Jordan
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

Sillydill wrote:Somehow, I knew this flute wouldn't be available long! :D

So Barry, how long did it take to sell?
I think I hold the Chiff & Fipple record for fastest sell: 15 min! That included receipt of payment via PayPal! :boggle: I even had a second offer during that interim.

May the new Murray owner be Merry! :party:
It took a whole 6 hours-more than I anticipated!
~~~~
Barry
Akiba
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am an Irish flute player and whistler. I have been a member since 2007? This has been one of the most informative sites on Irish flute I have found.

FS: Sam Murray flute

Post by Akiba »

[WILL COPY AND REPOST]

I am putting this flute back up for sale. I bought it from Barry and, as he says below, it is an awesome flute. Did he mention it's a speed demon of flute? Play fast--no problem. It's a sleek rocket of a flute.

I found out that, after trying this flute and many others, I am not a Rudall player and much more of a Pratten/Hawkes player. I just couldn't resist trying out this amazing flute. It will surely serve someone else much better than I. I'm going on the Olwell Pratten waiting list and need the cash back.

I'll make the same offer: $1199 + $18 shipping. A great deal--retail this flute (if you can get one) is E1,150 Euros which is about $1,800. I don't have PayPal (is it easy to set up?), so I need cashier's check/money order and will only sell/ship to USA location.

I have continued the impeccable upkeep of this flute: humidified at 60-65%. Slowly broke flute in. Comes with a great hard shell case as well.
greenspiderweb wrote:
Sam Murray keyless Blackwood D, bought from Doc Jones in May 2007. As new condition, except it now is a dark brown/black compared to these original pictures when it was spanking new. As with all my flutes, all are kept humidified at a constant 60-65% humidity, and wiped down and swabbed after each playing session.

Bought for $$1199 plus $18 shipping, and I will sell for the same, open to USA sale only. No doubt, with the exchange rate what it is now, it would even retail for more at this time.

Hardly broken in-has not left my apartment, only played in short times at home, and should be treated as new to be broken in if you will be playing in long sessions.

A very special flute-top marks for playability and tone-very expressive and a dryer tone than the Doyle. Seems to fit the melancholy mood best in my opinion, but capable of many moods in the right hands and mouth.

Hard to go wrong with this one-a joy to play!
Jason
Last edited by Akiba on Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akiba
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am an Irish flute player and whistler. I have been a member since 2007? This has been one of the most informative sites on Irish flute I have found.

FS: Sam Murray flute

Post by Akiba »

I am putting this flute back up for sale. I bought it from Barry and, as he says below, it is an awesome flute. Did he mention it's a speed demon of flute? Play fast--no problem. It's a sleek rocket of a flute.

I found out that, after trying this flute and many others, I am not a Rudall player and much more of a Pratten/Hawkes player. I just couldn't resist trying out this amazing flute. It will surely serve someone else much better than I. I'm going on the Olwell Pratten waiting list and need the cash back.

I'll make the same offer: $1199 + $18 shipping. A great deal--retail this flute (if you can get one) is E1,150 Euros which is about $1,800. I don't have PayPal (is it easy to set up?), so I need cashier's check/money order and will only sell/ship to USA location.

I have continued the impeccable upkeep of this flute: humidified at 60-65%. Slowly broke flute in. Comes with a great hard shell case as well.
greenspiderweb wrote:
Sam Murray keyless Blackwood D, bought from Doc Jones in May 2007. As new condition, except it now is a dark brown/black compared to these original pictures when it was spanking new. As with all my flutes, all are kept humidified at a constant 60-65% humidity, and wiped down and swabbed after each playing session.

Hard to go wrong with this one-a joy to play!
Jason