Giving up coffee

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Aanvil
antispam: No

Post by Aanvil »

I recommend the Toddy method as well.

Works as advertised.

I won't be giving up coffee... ( no help there I know )

and I like my coffee like I do my women...

However you want to finish that off go ahead. :D ;)
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Aanvil wrote:...and I like my coffee like I do my women...
Scalding and bitter?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

It's tough enough to give up smoking, and as a side effect, beer. I'll keep my coffee at least until I can drink beer again. By then I'll be addicted to tea.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
sbfluter

Post by sbfluter »

Well, I have to say that I've had decaff 3 days in a row now and it really doesn't taste as good at all. And it's even been decaff espresso and decaff french roast. Tastes weak and flavorless.
~ Diane
Flutes: Tipple D and E flutes and a Casey Burns Boxwood Rudall D flute
Whistles: Jerry Freeman Tweaked D Blackbird
Denny

Post by Denny »

Nanohedron wrote:
Aanvil wrote:...and I like my coffee like I do my women...
Scalding and bitter?
kinda a SoCalSnarky thing....
breqwas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by breqwas »

Coffee is bad and addictive thing, but there are things worse: energy drinks. Adrenaline Rush, Red Bull, Burn, etc. They contain LOTS of caffine, and some other stimulants. I had that sort of addiction, and it was hard to give up.

Now I drink only chinese tea (all sorts of oolong, green teas, red teas, etc). It also contains a bunch of stimulants, but their effect is more complex and less addictive. And it's more fun to have a bunch of tiny paper packets with some illegal-looking herbs and a weird clay teapot, than to drink that nasty liquid from coffee-machine :)

( hmm, what to drink now? tie guanin, chzu ye tsin, or alishan? or maybe czhen shan siao chzun? yep, that's pretty much like whoa :) )
sbfluter

Post by sbfluter »

Well, I have to report that the detox went well and I'm free. I have so much more energy. I can barely sleep at night. Weird.
~ Diane
Flutes: Tipple D and E flutes and a Casey Burns Boxwood Rudall D flute
Whistles: Jerry Freeman Tweaked D Blackbird
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Way to stick with it, SB.

The trouble with caffiene is it's like a credit card. You're using energy you really don't have, and you have to pay it back eventually. With interest.

Tea doesn't get me wired. I like the taste of it, and it does seem to make me just a touch more alert. No crash afterward.

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

PG Tips all day, but, once the sun's gone down over the yard-arm, it's beer, and only good stuff. Basically then, this rules out Americans. They'll just have to be stuck with that diluted raspberry jam they call "Californian wine."
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Aanvil wrote:and I like my coffee like I do my women...

Hot and often?
Tall and wet?
Thin and tasteless?
Dark and powerful? (Maybe that's "I like my coffee like I do my wizards...")
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

SteveShaw wrote:PG Tips all day, but, once the sun's gone down over the yard-arm, it's beer, and only good stuff. Basically then, this rules out Americans. They'll just have to be stuck with that diluted raspberry jam they call "Californian wine."
What's a yard-arm?
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

SteveShaw wrote:PG Tips all day, but, once the sun's gone down over the yard-arm, it's beer, and only good stuff. Basically then, this rules out Americans. They'll just have to be stuck with that diluted raspberry jam they call "Californian wine."
Make you a deal, Steve--ship me some PG tips, I'll show you how to cook a decent hamburger. You know, next time we're in the same neighorhood.

While I was in England, I actually put that abomination called "beefburgers" in my mouth. Come on, be honest, you guys don't really eat that stuff, right? You just feed it to visitors as a joke?

I won't ask you to send me beer. The cost of shipping would be prohibitive. :cry:

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Congratulations wrote:
What's a yard-arm?
We know it as a yardarm.

I love being helpful.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

sailed cheaply through that storm
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Denny wrote:sailed cheaply through that storm
That's me. Cheap.