What Happened to David Swindler?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Dragon
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

What Happened to David Swindler?

Post by Dragon »

Hello,

I wanted to order another flute from David Swindler only to find his website is gone! I love the flute he made me and I wanted to order another flute by him. I emailed him a few days ago with no response. Is he still making flutes? Does anyone have his phone number?

I am so sad. :cry:
“The flute is not an instrument that has a good moral effect; it is too exciting.”

~Aristotle
Sillydill

Post by Sillydill »

Dear Dragon,

I've not heard from David since Christmas.

He had a bad run of luck at that time. Storm damaged the roof of his house and workshop, plus knocked the power out for many days. Then to top it off his computer died, he was doing e-correspondence from a friends at that time.

I myself am waiting on a flute from him (Conical bored, Rudall copy of #5047). He had made a proto-type, but wasn't happy with the tuning and was going to make another set of reamers. That was the last I heard from him.

I'm trying to be patient and let him get things sorted out. But I thought I'ld write him a letter if I haven't heard from him in another couple of weeks.

His snail mail addy:

David Swindler
1528 Marion St.
Hoquiam, WA 98550

BTW: David also said he had made Boehm type flute in the key of F, that turned out very well!

All the Best!
Keep on Tootin!

Jordan
jiminos
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by jiminos »

:o holy smokes! i just live a few miles from Dave!

who knew? that storm knocked out power on the entire harbor for a week... longer in some places. among the highest windspeeds ever recorded out here....

be well,

jim
Jim

the truth is not lost.
do not search for it.
accept it.
Ceili_whistle_man

Post by Ceili_whistle_man »

I think he has gone off to make a 12th season of 'Friends'. :D
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Jim,

Could you get his phone number? Tell him it's Shoshana in Vermont...I'm looking for a 7 hole Bansuri flute that will harmonize with an Irish Flute in D. I have small hands (he most likely remembers), so I'm not sure what key it should be in (if its in D I most likely will not reach the 7th note with my pinky...but he's such a wizard I'm sure he may know of a way....)

I'm so sorry to hear about the bad weather. We have been getting lots of snow...not nice fluffy snow...wet, heavy, icy snow. And to make matters weirder the snow leaves oily streaks on my car window!

jiminos wrote::o holy smokes! i just live a few miles from Dave!

who knew? that storm knocked out power on the entire harbor for a week... longer in some places. among the highest windspeeds ever recorded out here....

be well,

jim
“The flute is not an instrument that has a good moral effect; it is too exciting.”

~Aristotle
jiminos

Post by jiminos »

i will try to get in touch with him tomorrow while i am at work. i will ask him if it is okay to pass his phone number along. check back here tomorrow night.

be well,

jim
Jim

the truth is not lost.
do not search for it.
accept it.
jiminos

Post by jiminos »

couldn't find his phone number. unable to contact him. sorry.
Jim

the truth is not lost.
do not search for it.
accept it.
Sillydill

Post by Sillydill »

Sorry! :oops:

I could've told you that David has an unlisted number.
Keep on Tootin!

Jordan
jiminos

Post by jiminos »

i'm driving into town on saturday (about 15 miles). if you would like, i can swing by his address and ask him to hit the forum....

be well,

jim
Jim

the truth is not lost.
do not search for it.
accept it.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Yes, Please do if its no big bother. Tell him its Shoshana in Vermont (the one he made the "Gypsy fife" for. He'll know me....

Thanks,
Shoshana

quote="jiminos"]i'm driving into town on saturday (about 15 miles). if you would like, i can swing by his address and ask him to hit the forum....

be well,

jim[/quote]

~Aristotle
Sillydill

FYI

Post by Sillydill »

FYI:

I received an email from David Swindler just before Easter. He said his health has been poor (just got out of the hospital). :sniffle: Further, he didn't know when he would get the Rudall design ironed out, so he refunded my pre-payment. But said he would let me know when a Rudall flute was ready.

I don't know if Jim was able to contact David, or he just sensed the powerful Chiff & Fipple Flute Forum karma!

I have Great Expectations for David and wish him health & happiness!
Keep on Tootin!

Jordan
Dragon

Re: FYI

Post by Dragon »

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that he is not doing well. I hope things look up for him soon! javascript:emoticon(':(')

Sillydill wrote:FYI:

I received an email from David Swindler just before Easter. He said his health has been poor (just got out of the hospital). :sniffle: Further, he didn't know when he would get the Rudall design ironed out, so he refunded my pre-payment. But said he would let me know when a Rudall flute was ready.

I don't know if Jim was able to contact David, or he just sensed the powerful Chiff & Fipple Flute Forum karma!

I have Great Expectations for David and wish him health & happiness!
:( :( :( :(

~Aristotle
Cork

Post by Cork »

(Another inquiry, a couple of months or so following the previous post...)

Is there any news about David Swindler?

I have one of his flutes, and I hope he fares well!
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi Cork,

I have not heard how David is doing. I just emailed him; hopefully he will let me know how he has been doing.

Cork wrote:(Another inquiry, a couple of months or so following the previous post...)

Is there any news about David Swindler?

I have one of his flutes, and I hope he fares well!

~Aristotle
Cork

Post by Cork »

@ Dragon

Not that there's anything wrong with my Swindler flute, indeed, I like it, and I'd encourage him to make more.

Thanks for the reply!