whistles tricks?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Daniel_Bingamon
antispam: No

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

That's a cute little bugger, what's it's name?
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

I have one where I can actually make people disappear from a room with less than 4 notes. :D
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MTGuru »

Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Ceili_whistle_man
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ceili_whistle_man »

I have a friend who takes the top off a Generation D and refits it to the other end of the whistle. She then proceeds to blow laterally across what has now become the bottom end of the whistle and plays the whistle in tune. She is still blowing it from the right end, it is just that there is no mouthpiece there to blow into.
I can play my Gen D back to front. I can do it two ways. Firstly I just turn the whistle around so that the holes are facing towards my body. I then wrap my fingers around to cover the holes and play.
An easier way to do it is to swivel the top of the whistle around so that the fipple faces away from me but the holes face in to my chest. Again wrap the fingers around and play!
Or... the old 'two whistles up the nose' trick. Take two whistles of the same make and key. Tape over the bottom three holes on one whistle, this one goes in your left hand. Tape over the top three holes of the other whistle, this one goes in your right hand. Stick the mouthpiece of the right hand whistle into your left nostril and the left hand whistle into your right nostril. Now play as if you are playing one whistle.
The one whistle trick I could do without fail when I was young was to make people vanish from a room. Hey, there's the one trick any beginner can do and experienced players lose the knack of doing!!
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
Boody

Post by Boody »

Ceili_whistle_man wrote: Or... the old 'two whistles up the nose' trick. Take two whistles of the same make and key. Tape over the bottom three holes on one whistle, this one goes in your left hand. Tape over the top three holes of the other whistle, this one goes in your right hand. Stick the mouthpiece of the right hand whistle into your left nostril and the left hand whistle into your right nostril. Now play as if you are playing one whistle.
Okay, now that I have to try. I have played the whistle with my nose a few times, but mainly just to gross people out, and I could only do it while one nostril was plugged.
This ought to work a little better :D
Whistle Clips (Old, I really need to update these)
ElPollo

Post by ElPollo »

MTGuru,

That picture is wrong.

Cats don't dance. :lol:
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

ElPollo wrote:Cats don't dance. :lol:

They don't?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwVwm300 ... re=related
Key_of_D