Charlene has 1000!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Charlene has 1000!

Post by Jack »

I am very happy to take the occasion and announce that our very own Charlene has finally cleared 1,000 posts!

I have experienced and I am certain everyone will agree with me, that Charlene is always helpful, consistently kind, and universally positive in all her dealings with us.

I also have bought books from Charlene's husband's online book selling business and had exceptionally great service. Charlene has also given me great advice on pet care, something I appreciate muchly. This is not an endorsement or any such thing, just one person speaking the truth.

Happy Charlene day!! :)
emmline
antispam: No

Re: Charlene has 1000!

Post by emmline »

Cranberry wrote: I have experienced and I am certain everyone will agree with me, that Charlene is always helpful, consistently kind, and universally positive in all her dealings with us.
I do agree.
Jack

Re: Charlene has 1000!

Post by Jack »

emmline wrote:
Cranberry wrote: I have experienced and I am certain everyone will agree with me, that Charlene is always helpful, consistently kind, and universally positive in all her dealings with us.
I do agree.
Great minds think alike! :)
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Thanks folks!

I was so busy writing about meteors and griping about the primary that I didn't even notice!
Charlene
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Congratulations, Charlene. If you want to make it to 2000, you had better watch out for the unidentified falling objects. It may be a good idea to think about wearing a hard hat, even when you are in your home because you never know when a similar event may happen again. People may think that you are wierd, but you can laugh at their ignorance. Seeing meteor crater in Arizona made me a believer. However, in that case I don't think that your hard hat would have helped that much.
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Congratulations! This Edwardian Dressing Gown should ensure a grand entrance into "the lounge".

"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Is it Charlene with a "ch" sound as in charcoal or with an "sh" sound as in Chevette? I need to know, as I am rehearsing for the introductory remarks to her reception in the Frequent Posters' Lounge.
Reasonable person
Walden
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking . . . :D

Walden - It's "sh" - like the way the French pronounce Charles - it's the French feminine form of Charles.

Cowtime - thank you for the lovely gown! And thanks for thinking I could actually FIT into it!

Doug Tipple - people already think I'm weird, so it wouldn't change matters any! Even the "what flower are you" test on Facebook came out as:

I'm Nigella
Many people think you are just a little bit odd, but you consider yourself just a little eccentric. You find new experiences exciting and fulfilling.
Charlene
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Charlene wrote:
Doug Tipple - people already think I'm weird, so it wouldn't change matters any! Even the "what flower are you" test on Facebook came out as:

I'm Nigella
Many people think you are just a little bit odd, but you consider yourself just a little eccentric. You find new experiences exciting and fulfilling.
There is nothing wrong with being weird. My wife thinks that I am a little weird. Can you imagine that?

Now about the spelling of the word "weird". On my post I incorrectly spelled it "wierd". It didn't look exactly right when I wrote it, but I thought of the saying that we learned in English class, "i before e, except after c". There must have been more to the expression that I have forgotten.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Doug_Tipple wrote:There must have been more to the expression that I have forgotten.
weird is just weird

'course it's much better than normal :twisted:
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Denny wrote:
Doug_Tipple wrote:There must have been more to the expression that I have forgotten.
weird is just weird

'course it's much better than normal :twisted:
The rest of it is: "Or when sounded like "a" as in neighbor and weigh."

That doesn't work for "weird" either though. Weird is just a weird word.
Charlene
emmline

Post by emmline »

Doug_Tipple wrote: Now about the spelling of the word "weird". On my post I incorrectly spelled it "wierd". It didn't look exactly right when I wrote it, but I thought of the saying that we learned in English class, "i before e, except after c". There must have been more to the expression that I have forgotten.
No. You just need to recall, as Denny says, that weird is weird and doesn't follow the rule.

edit: I see that point has been hammered into the dirt.
Denny

Post by Denny »

well, you're weird too then! :wink:
emmline

Post by emmline »

Denny wrote:well, you're weird too then! :wink:
There was never any doubt.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

You go Charlene
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm