Happy Thanksgiving to All!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
mvhplank
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

This just in:
<a href="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... .DTL">Wild Turkey Terrorizes Bankers and Townspeople</a> from the San Francisco Chronicle on-line.

Scene on Thursday: "More tofurkey? Why, thank you!"

M
Marguerite
Gettysburg
LeeMarsh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by LeeMarsh »

My Thanks Giving

For the soul's grin, when delight described,
For the heart's tear, when sadness shared,
For the mind's nod, when wonder won,
For the patient ear, when care collapsed,
For the hands clapped, when a tune tried.

I sit in quiet wonder at all the good grown of this forum,

Thank you each for letting me join in your joy of living,
and may each of you see your abundance that lets you ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeeMarsh on 2002-11-27 15:03 ]</font>
Zubivka
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Zubivka »

On 2002-11-27 14:28, mvhplank wrote:
This just in:
Wild Turkey Terrorizes Bankers and Townspeople from the San Francisco Chronicle on-line.
Well thanks fer this; hadn't read the Chronicle for 20 years, and you show me there is some stability in this world :razz:

I'll think a thank for all them turkeys who escaped the Yearly Grand Slaughter, though where I live know, I do miss the yams...

Have all a nice Thanksgiving, it's a lovely tradition of yours. Please remember too who gave all these eats to thank for.
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

On 2002-11-27 12:08, one-tin-soldier wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving to all my US friends. Fortunately in Canada we get to celebrate Thanksgiving twice, once in October for ours and in November for yours!

Cheryl
What a marvelous idea! When, precisely, is Canada's version? I, for one, think it'd be a great idea for those of us south of the imaginary line* to join in celebrating your holiday as well as our own. Sadly, I live a bit too far south to actually celebrate it IN Canada, but it's the sentiment, right?

* With all of our occasional squabbles, its still the longest unguarded border in the world.
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

I am thankful for safe journeying these past six months, my sweetheart and his successful employment, my health considering I am currently not insured *crosses fingers* and the many great whistle-related friends I have made over the past few months. You know who you are.

And I am thankful to Dale and Rich for putting up with us all and running this great community that has done so much good for so many.
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

Ava, you better take good care of yourself, because july is comin' and you're going to need all of your strenght to be able to put up with me! :grin:
Grannymouse

Post by Grannymouse »

"I do miss the yams... "

And I make the best candied yams! Sort of a legend. Happy Thanksgiving to all. It's not what you eat...turkey or not.....but the thought that counts! Gm :smile:
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Desiderata
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

GM, is your recipe a secret family one? If it's one that's shareable, please do drop me a line... I'm still searching for a good candied yam recipe.

All the best,
Andrea ~*~
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
hillfolk22

Post by hillfolk22 »

And a Happy Thanksgiving to all as well.

I think I prefer thanksgiving over Christmas.
It is more family and friends oriented. More relaxing.

It will soon be a year since I discovered C&F. I am equally thankful for the opportuninty in getting to know many of you folks a bit better. Tis, like a support group for musicians. Not many folks can truly understand our passion.

Laura
RosieJ

Post by RosieJ »

I would also like to wish everybody, regardless of where you're living, a Happy Thanksgiving! And thanks to Dale and Rich for doing this wonderful, hilarious, informative and delightful board and website, and for those of you who gave me good advice during a difficult time recently!We do, indeed, have much to be thankful for!
I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. - Hippolyte Taine (1829-1893)