Surprising impressions of various whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

On 2002-11-24 18:50, mike.r wrote:
I think you are completely wrong on this and regret that I can no longer remain on this forum when such censorship as this is taking place.Goodbye.
Goodbye, mike.r

My best wishes to you.

Dale Wisely
Chiff & Fipple HQ

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DaleWisely on 2002-11-24 19:07 ]</font>
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

"I can no longer remain on this forum when such censorship as this is taking place."

I missed it... what was censored?
Cyfiawnder

Post by Cyfiawnder »

Got me dude, I gave up tryin gto figure it out after the 4th or 5th time though the thread... :wink:
Justinus say guiness in hand worth two in ice-box.
mvhplank
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

I didn't see the original remark, but if you go back a couple of pages, you'll see one of mike.r's messages with a note that it was edited by Dale, our host and moderator.

I'm grateful to him, that line of chatter was getting pretty hot and unreasoning (in my opinion).

M
Marguerite
Gettysburg
mvhplank
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

dang--double post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mvhplank on 2002-11-24 21:01 ]</font>
mike.r

Post by mike.r »

On 2002-11-24 20:28, Tony wrote:
"I can no longer remain on this forum when such censorship as this is taking place."

I missed it... what was censored?
"The handicapped"were my exact words and the follwing post by Loren stating "Exactly"has simply vanished into cyber space.I am not a bad person but all of this makes me out to be one...I've been set up and don't understand why.My wife is handicapped due to thalidomide and my use of the word was a somewhat facetious response to the poster who off handedly singled out certain "types" as recipients of lesser quality instruments which is a reality I dont particularly care for or agree with.If this post ever sees the light of day please Dale,try seeing things a little diferently without being judge and jury.Thanks for wishing me well.I'll sign off with my signature which has lain dorment for some time but is heart felt,well intentioned and go's out to everyone. Mike
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are a hundred ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

Jelaludin Rumi
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

I read your post and didn't understand it.
Whatever is going on, I bet it has
something to do with the way the
internet twists indirection.
Whatever's going on, there is no
implication that you are a
bad person. I've had posts
deleted, too. Why don't you
forget about this?

Surely at the point that HMT staff
are writing lengthy intelligent
messages to us explaining past
difficulties and testifying to
their resolve to do well by us,
it's time to give them another
chance!
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

The post in question made the inference that HMT's rejects were only fit for the handicapped to play. Dale did the right thing. Happy Trails to you, Mike. Don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out.

Post by Guest »

Don't go Mike r/or you keyhorn/or you Tony.
After all its Often been Loren who gets these things started, I feel that he is always ready to poke fun at everyone maybe its somthing he needs to do, while hiding in the cupboard.
He is not a man of his word, this much has become clear to me.
So come on loren come out, Put up or shut up.(8
Stacey
for Alba Whistles
mike.r

Post by mike.r »

On 2002-11-25 04:54, blackhawk wrote:
The post in question made the inference that HMT's rejects were only fit for the handicapped to play. Dale did the right thing. Happy Trails to you, Mike. Don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out.
This was not my inference nor does it seem after reading Wendinas response, her interpretation.I think you enjoy these train wrecks and you can be sure I have now closed the door quietly behind me.Happy trails to you cowboy.

Post by Guest »

let the door hit you in the rear on the way out.
[/quote]
I think you enjoy these train wrecks and you can be sure I have now closed the door quietly behind me.Happy trails to you cowboy.

Please please take time to think about leaving Mike,And leave the door open and your sleeping bag rolled, up a stashed behind the couch.
Don't let them grind you down.
Stace
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

Remember, people on this board are whistle FREAKS. Fanatics. Un-well people.
Olwell people? I am only a "bamboo" Olwell person, but I'd love to be a real wooden Olwell person too. :smile:
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Mike, please have second thoughts about leaving. Unless there is some history behind this that I and (puzzled) others don't know about, there must surely have been some misunderstanding.
serpent

Post by serpent »

This is to Mike.r if he sees it:
Mike, hang around, please, and don't be taking any of this so seriously. Hell, guy, if I took too much of this stuff to heart, my ass'd be black and blue from getting hit with the door! :smile: People, myself included, write from the gut, sometimes, instead of the brain. When that happens, all sorts of little demons tend to come out, along with the stinky gas. So far, my friend, I've been accused of maybe trying to take people's money and not deliver, of trying to steal ideas from other whistlemakers, of making crap whistles, of unjustly attacking several people, and of trying to take over C&F as my own marketing site. Know what? I still wake up every day after a hard night on C&F without a discernible bruise or cut! My ego is intact (as you've prolly seen! :grin: ), and I just jump back in.

The only way that words can harm you, is if you allow it. Maintain arrogance to whatever extent you deem needful. It is both a sword and a shield. And always remember this tenet of strategy - unless you have a live webcam, on the Internet, no one knows that you're nekkid! :wink:

IOW, Mike, don't be one of them as gets their panties in a bunch, a stick up their rear, or takes any of this as any reasonable semblance of Real Life. Stick around, ignore the sh*t, and enjoy the rest. There's lots of nice people here, friend!
Cheers, :grin:
Bill Whedon
serpent

Post by serpent »

AAAAAAAGGGGHHH!!! I'm tied with Wombat!!!

Quick! Make more posts!

:grin:
serp
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"