wretched

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
dfernandez77
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Chinese medicinal tea is nicely gagriffic. :D
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
Jeferson

Post by Jeferson »

If you've got a second, check out the quick myspace video for Buckley's. http://www.myspace.com/buckleys When giving this medicine to my kids, I consider it to be child abuse. But it works.
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

OK, you know how some foods are nasty at first, but after having it over a period of time you start to get used to it? Maybe even like it?

DayQuil is NOT like that. :evil:

Thank you for giving me other happy things to think about, though. :lol:

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

I found something worse than DayQuil....Mr Izz went to the Co-Op and bought me some loose tea (you know, the kind you make in a bone fide teapot), because I'm all out of my good stuff (the stuff from London...the stuff from the US is complete chud). So, anyway...he bought this loose tea, and today I made a pot full of it. It has got to be the absolute worst stuff I've ever had, and that includes Earl Grey, which I despise. It's called Lapsang Souchong...if I were to compare it to something, I would have to say it tastes like what I would imagine boiled rubber tastes like :P Truly vile. And, no, I don't think I could ever get used to the taste of this stuff. You can't even get past the smell (and my whole kitchen was...ahem...steeped in that lovely odor).

So, I've bested you. I'd rather have DayQuil than that stuff, hands down.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Ooooo! I looooove lapsang!

You're right! It tastes like burning rubber tires smell. That is because it is smoked over pine fires or some such thing.

I have suspected a few purveyors of having supplemented the pine with a few actual old tires, but it's a thing of beauty nonetheless.

And I'm currently quite out of it.
Cotelette d'Agneau
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Lambchop wrote:And I'm currently quite out of it.
I'd be more than happy to send you what's left of what I have...and it's quite a bit :P

I'm assuming it's an acquired taste...one that I just am not willing to get used to. I love tea, but this one goes way beyond for me. I still have the taste in my mouth...YUCK! LOL!
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

izzarina wrote:
Lambchop wrote:And I'm currently quite out of it.
I'd be more than happy to send you what's left of what I have...and it's quite a bit :P

I'm assuming it's an acquired taste...one that I just am not willing to get used to. I love tea, but this one goes way beyond for me. I still have the taste in my mouth...YUCK! LOL!
I used to really like Lapsang Souchong for its smoky flavor; I recently bought some after many years, expecting a pleasant reacquaintance with an old friend, and found that now if I'm to drink it at all, I have to brew it verrrrrry, very, VERY light. Conversely, I used to despise Earl Grey too, but now I like it quite well. Go figure.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
pastorkeith

Post by pastorkeith »

Call me unsophisticated, but my boss back in my navy days forced me to each sushi with wasabi for the mere enjoyment of watching me look like I was going to explode or vomit or both.

Human discovered fire for a reason.
I cook my fish thank you.

PS you can buy nyquil/dayquil and its clones in geltabs now. No taste at all. Takes all of the fun out of it.
pastorkeith
"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love."-- Mother Teresa
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

If you let your tea air out a while, it will lose some of the smokiness and might become more appealing to you.

Same works for Earl Gray if it's a bit too bergamot-y.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Boody

Post by Boody »

Hmmm, I like both sushi, and DayQuil. It's kind of weird, but I really like how cough syrups of all kinds taste. And wasabi I find to be quite delicious :D
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Hmmm. I love sushi, and Ovaltine, and Lapsang Souchong. I can tolerate the taste of DayQuil, too.

Chinese medicinal tea, though . . . ugh. But my wife *likes* the taste of the medicinal tea and despises Lapsang Souchong.

De gustibus, I guess.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Re: wretched

Post by Flyingcursor »

WyoBadger wrote:I just want to say that DayQuil has to be the most wretched-tasting substance known to man.

Thank you.

Tom
I'm not sure if this is a thread about bad tasting things or about the effectiveness of DayQuil.

Let's talk about efficacy.
There are two types of popular anti cold drug on the market.
Antihistamines, which block the production of histamines and help reduce runny noses and decongestants which help clear your sinuses.

Antihistamines cause drowsiness and have been labelled, to sake public stupidity, as "nighttime" cold medicines.

Decongestantes do nothing for a runny schnoz and are typically labelled as "daytime" medicines.

There are a lot of antihistamenes on the market and which is best rests mostly on the individual.

Chlorpheniramine Meleate is the most common OTC antihistamine right now. Even the makers of Actifed swiched from triprolidine to the above. IMHO triprolidine is far superior and I can't understand why they switched.

The most effective decongestant is pseudoehpedrine HCL. It works and works well. Thirty to 60mg can do wonders for a stuffy nose.

The problem is, since crystal meth has become such a popular recreational drug, the Federal Govt., in all it's fear mongering cowardly wisdom, has decided nobody should be able to use it, pseudoephedrine being a common component of homemade meth.

Since the current trend in America is the fostering of unneccesary fear on the ingnorant teeming millions, the drug companies, (no doubt as a result of tax breaks and kickbacks), changed their drugs to eliminate pseudoephedrine and use phenylephrine HCL instead.

Both drugs are vasoconstrictors and theoretically work the same. My opinion is that phenylephrine is inferior to pseudoephedirne and I won't waste my time on such nonsense.

If this thread is about tasting bad then my vote is for chicken livers. The worst tasting things known to humanity.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm