wretched

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
WyoBadger
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

wretched

Post by WyoBadger »

I just want to say that DayQuil has to be the most wretched-tasting substance known to man.

Thank you.

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
susnfx
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: wretched

Post by susnfx »

WyoBadger wrote:I just want to say that DayQuil has to be the most wretched-tasting substance known to man.
Worse than Ovaltine?!?!? :boggle:
Susan
emmline

Post by emmline »

You did not try the white wine I had in Amman, Jordan in 1982.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

I once had a bag of dried cuttlefish that was pretty bad, I had a fishy taste in my mouth all day. Once I was dared to drink a mixture of pickle juice and milk, that was pretty bad too. Iranian doogh is pretty nasty too (tastes like carbonated sour milk, because that is what it is). If you mixed those in with DayQuil so that the curdled milk and bubbles helped to suspend the cuttlefish bits, maybe the bad tastes would cancel out.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

I.D.10-t wrote:Once I was dared to drink a mixture of pickle juice and milk, that was pretty bad too.
When I was young, my older sisters kindly gave me a glass of chocolate milk to drink.

"Wow! For me? Thanks!" <glug> SSSPPEEEWWWW!!!

Turns out it was a mixture of water, mud, Worcestershire sauce and other ingredients known only to my sisters. Mom made them clean up the mess I made. :)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
missy

Post by missy »

grog - me boys - grog

(the kind they make you drink when undergoing initiations, NOT the kind pirates partake in)
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

susnfx wrote:
WyoBadger wrote:I just want to say that DayQuil has to be the most wretched-tasting substance known to man.
Susan
Ovaltine would be worth the taste if they still gave out the Little Orphan Annie secret decoder ring, via mail order.

;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Yes, DayQuil is vile. I have to say, though, that cod liver oil is right up there, too. Or was.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

izzarina wrote:
susnfx wrote:
Susan
Ovaltine would be worth the taste if they still gave out the Little Orphan Annie secret decoder ring, via mail order.

;)
Captain Midnight 's Secret Squadron Decoder Badge was the ticket for me. I still like Ovaltine.

WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

If DayQuil came with one of those Cap'n Midnight things, well, that would make me feel a lot better.
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

The knock off version of Nyquil is even worse.

When I was a kid, I would give my younger brother a glass full of the liquid from the can of black olives and tell him it was cola. When he got wise to that trick, I put the liquid in a pop bottle. Was I a horrible older brother or what?
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Worst taste ever...communion wine right after having sucked on a Cepacol lozenge. Occupational hazard of being a chorister. Tongue on the carpet time!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I've tasted lots and lots of things over the course of my lifetime. The worst I can ever recall was some cantaloupe candy I had in Manila. I like the muskmelons just fine, but somehow when made into a sweetened condensed milk candy it is beyond description.
Reasonable person
Walden
ketida

Post by ketida »

mutepointe wrote:
When I was a kid, I would give my younger brother a glass full of the liquid from the can of black olives and tell him it was cola. When he got wise to that trick, I put the liquid in a pop bottle. Was I a horrible older brother or what?
Gee, now I don't feel so guilty about feeding my much-younger cousin dog kibbles, telling her it was a new brand of pretzels.

She liked 'em.
Every time I turn around, I wonder where I've been.
Time to stop turning round, I guess.
rhulsey

Post by rhulsey »

Geritol is bad. way bad.

When i was younger, some friends talked me into a big spoonful of liquid fish emulsion fertilizer. Of course, they called it something else - butterscotch, maybe?? It was seriously nasty.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities
can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire