Absolute Measure of Player Quality

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
crookedtune
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by crookedtune »

MTGuru wrote:I'd like to propose a special judging category for dead musicians.
But of course! They for whom the bell note tolls!
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
Denny

Post by Denny »

ACK!!! You've got bell note trolls!!! :o

oh... :oops: tolls :oops: ...nevermind
eskin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eskin »

I'd like to see flame-retardedness added to the list of judging criteria.

I'd almost certainly get the award for "Somewhat Improved, But Still Not Good Yet"
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

MTGuru wrote:I'd like to propose a special judging category for dead musicians.
And the winner would receive a lifetime of achievement award such as the ones granted at the Oscars, say, just after the big commercial break. That could work quite well when we've had a few nominees who were longtime sentimental favorites or frequent runner-ups.

And we may eventually have one or two stiffs who get blacklisted as heretics for gratuitous flutter tonguing, vibrato, recording The Kesh Jig on a tenor recorder, appearing in Vegas with Celine Dion, etc. But they get recognized much later on as geniuses who advanced the art. Needless to say, they died drunk (choked on their vomit) and penniless but their Copeland was buried with them... their epitaphs humbly marked, Toodleloo or Whistle-On.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

My goat would like to be a contestant, a judge and a criteria.

Would it also be OK for him to be treasurer?

(he's not dead he just smells funny)
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
ElPollo

Post by ElPollo »

I vote for Stick as judge.
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

I'm going to reverse my decision on the dead guy thing. A contestant could easily claim to be dead, but still have some minute amount of brain activity. Besides, I never condoned affirmative action for the deceased. They're already ahead of most of us.
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
ISU Trout Bum

Post by ISU Trout Bum »

"MTGuru for Judge! MTGuru for Judge!"

My rationale is simple - though I do believe his criteria is spot on, that is really a secondary issue. What is most important, it seems to me, is a sense of humor (as there will no doubt be a lot of humorous playing to be judged), and he has it in spades. Plus, I almost peed my pants laughing while reading his post. That needs count for something, does it not?!? :lol:
http://northwaystringedinstruments.blogspot.com/

"Sine Cerere et Baccho friget Venus" - Terence, Eunuchus, IV.v
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Well this tricky little psycho-study is now at end and we have clinically proven once and for all that Peter Laban is wrong, that is, it is obvious that THE WHISTLE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE PLAYER, as evidenced by the fact that Eskin's thread re whistle quality drew nearly twice as many hits as my thread re player quality.

Now Eskin, once you've identified the absolute best whistle, I want one sos I can be the absolute best player!

Regards to all,

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
CranberryDog

Post by CranberryDog »

PhilO wrote:Well this tricky little psycho-study is now at end and we have clinically proven once and for all that Peter Laban is wrong, that is, it is obvious that THE WHISTLE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE PLAYER, as evidenced by the fact that Eskin's thread re whistle quality drew nearly twice as many hits as my thread re player quality.

Now Eskin, once you've identified the absolute best whistle, I want one sos I can be the absolute best player!

Regards to all,

Philo
Not really. But, this "tricky" little thread has shown that MTGuru has posted the funniest reply to some.

Regards to the living

Cyril
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

PhilO wrote:Well this tricky little psycho-study is now at end and we have clinically proven once and for all that Peter Laban is wrong, that is, it is obvious that THE WHISTLE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE PLAYER, as evidenced by the fact that Eskin's thread re whistle quality drew nearly twice as many hits as my thread re player quality.
I have to disagree. Eskin's thread title was preceded with "WhistleMark" thus making any statistical comparison invalid. Now had you used "Buck Nekkid" - Absolute Measure of Player Quality, the story would have been very different.
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

(And now I'm going to hit reload repeatedly on your thread just because you used us as lab rats.)
Denny

Post by Denny »

Guinness wrote:Now had you used "Buck Nekkid" - Absolute Measure of Player Quality, the story would have been very different.
there ya go Phil...

marketing needs to do a better job of branding....
WhistlingArmadillo

Post by WhistlingArmadillo »

crookedtune wrote:I'm going to reverse my decision on the dead guy thing. A contestant could easily claim to be dead, but still have some minute amount of brain activity. Besides, I never condoned affirmative action for the deceased. They're already ahead of most of us.
It's much more likely you'll have guys claiming to be alive but with no discernible brain activity.
At the end of it all, I want to be told "Well done". I don't want to _be_ well done!