My New Pets

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
dfernandez77
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

My New Pets

Post by dfernandez77 »

I'm pretty sure that there's few people here as tickled by goldfish as I am. Yet, nevertheless..

...let me introduce you to Charlie Chaplin and Ferrero Rocher - my new pets in their new home. :D

And the YouTube Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa4wo24Ofbs

Ain't they just too cute? :love:
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

So ... um .... do they, like, talk or do tricks or something? :-?

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

djm wrote:So ... um .... do they, like, talk or do tricks or something? :-?

djm
No talking.

No tricks.

But they do have a personality like water puppies. An explosion of enthusiasm and tail wagging when they see me. It's a classic case of cupboard love.

They are basically just cute bombs. And I'm easy - but let's keep that little secret between you and me. :D
Daniel

djm

Post by djm »

On the Internet, nobody can tell you're easy. :)

djm
Denny

Post by Denny »

easy enough ta believe ya?
djm

Post by djm »

To believe me? Well, no, that would be silly.

djm
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

I think goldfish are the most graceful and beautiful of all animals. i think you have two rather nice specimen there. i've never selected golfdish with the head tumor. your tumor fish has color to all it's fins, that's one of the things that I look for. i make my choice based on belly, spine, tail fin, and all around color.

I had some friends who owned a pond but they sold the farm. For years, I would tank raise one koi for them and give it to them in the spring.

i recently had an oscar that just bit the dust and am hoping my empty tank gets some goldfish for Christmas.

Besides dogs, I think goldfish have been more selective bred by man than any other animal but that's just my opinion.

I have quite the collection of fish Christmas ornaments. I'll download a few once we take Christmas pictures.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
emmline

Post by emmline »

I have been frequent caretaker to my daughter's goldfish and my son's betta. I like 'em.
Pretty fishies those!
pastorkeith

Post by pastorkeith »

There's a gold fantail the size of a baseball and a younger black moor in a tank about ten feet from my computer.
They are just swimming gracefully!

pastorkeith
"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love."-- Mother Teresa
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Nice fishies, Dan! Looking at fish just makes me feel like everything's going to be OK.*

We bought a bunch of feeders from walmart last spring and put them in our pond just for fun. (Our pond is about 35' across) We'd see glimpses of some of them once in a while, schooling in the middle of the pond--blotches of orange and white in the muddy water. They seemed to be getting bigger.

Come fall, when the pond drains, we rescued them--they were ENORMOUS! The biggest is about 9" long. We had to give most of them away as we only have a 55 gal. tank and it wasn't big enough for all 13 that survived the summer. They must just eat around the clock in that pond!

If I can ever get my camera to focus on the fish instead of on the edge of the tank, I'll post some pics.

Tom

*except when they have little white spots all over them. Good feeling gone.
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Very nice! They seem to like their bodum glassware, too! :D
Cotelette d'Agneau
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Those are some damn fine fish.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
djm

Post by djm »

A little dill, some lemon ....

djm
dfernandez77

Post by dfernandez77 »

djm wrote:A little dill, some lemon ....

djm
That's HORRIBLE!

DREADFUL!

and freshwater carp are better steamed with lemongrass and cilantro in any case.
Daniel

Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

Great, now I want goldfish!!! ..... :lol:

I had tropical fish about 10 yrs ago, but I've never had goldfish. Is it true they don't need a heater in their tank? Do they all have the potential to get quite large?

You might as well just step me through the whole process of how to take care of them-- from start to, uh, finish