Haggis Hunt

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Lambchop
antispam: No

Haggis Hunt

Post by Lambchop »

An entertaining game you can play online . . . Haggis Hunt, courtesy of The Scotsman.

http://haggishunt.scotsman.com/

There are webcams in Scotland, Leicester Square, London, and one in Times Square, New York. I enjoy watching the weather and local activities, and -- late at night -- the bums on the sidewalk in New York.

Every so often, a little haggis animal will appear in one of the cams. If you see it, you can click to report it, and register to win prizes. Once you spot one, they're easy to see.

Question for y'all in London . . . what's the carnival-looking thing in Leicester Square?
Cotelette d'Agneau
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

Who? Me?

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Innocent Bystander

Re: Haggis Hunt

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Lambchop wrote: Question for y'all in London . . . what's the carnival-looking thing in Leicester Square?
Haven't been around there lately, but it looks like a Funfair with Dodgems to me.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Martin Milner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Martin Milner »

Innocent Bystander wrote:
Lambchop wrote: Question for y'all in London . . . what's the carnival-looking thing in Leicester Square?
Haven't been around there lately, but it looks like a Funfair with Dodgems to me.
That'd be it. Every now and then a Funfair turns up and sets up in the gardens in the middle of the square. This is probably linked to something significant, like movie releases, phases of the moon, or the daily production of camembert, but I don't know the details.

It's not a very big fair, there isn't much room, but Beth and I* have taken some nice artistic photos of the carousel.

Carousels in the UK go the opposite way to the US - did you know that?

& OK, just Beth, but I carried the tripod
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Martin Milner wrote:Carousels in the UK go the opposite way to the US - did you know that?
Yeah, yeah. Next you'll be telling me the toilet water spins the
other way in Australia. I don't trust you Brits after a tour guide
tried to sell us on the idea that ewes marked by different color
ram crayons meant their wool was pre-selected for a specific
color of sweater.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Wikipedia (on Sheep-husbandry) wrote:Raddle – coloured pigment used to mark sheep for various reasons, such as to show ownership, or to show which lambs belong to which ewe. May be strapped to the chest of a ram, to mark the backs of ewes he tups (different rams may be given different colours). Also a verb ("that ewe's been raddled"). Also "ruddy".
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
sbfluter

Post by sbfluter »

What on earth is a little haggis animal? I thought haggis was a nasty dish made of stomachs.
~ Diane
Flutes: Tipple D and E flutes and a Casey Burns Boxwood Rudall D flute
Whistles: Jerry Freeman Tweaked D Blackbird
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

sbfluter wrote:What on earth is a little haggis animal? I thought haggis was a nasty dish made of stomachs.
There are pictures on the website. It's a darling little mythical beast which looks something like a platypus.

The game ends on Burns Night, so be sure to do your hunting now.
Cotelette d'Agneau
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

sbfluter wrote:What on earth is a little haggis animal? I thought haggis was a nasty dish made of stomachs.
Ask not what goes into haggis. Ask only where you can obtain a supply of McSween's, the only haggis that is countenanced for Burns Night by the GHB-playing landlord of The Tree Inn, and that's good enough for me. It is truly delicious.
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
chrisoff
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by chrisoff »

Shhhhhhh! Don't spoil it! If the Americans find out they'll stop coming over here to hunt the things, you'll ruin our tourist trade!

:D

More seriously the contents of a haggis is certainly no worse than the contents of any other offal based product. Tastes much better though.