FS: Sindt whistles -- Bb, A, C/C# (+ fits D)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Emrys
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS: Sindt whistles -- Bb, A, C/C# (+ fits D)

Post by Emrys »

All these whistles are in perfect condition. They are about two years old and have not been played much.

Bb Sindt - - $165 + S&H

A Sindt - - $165 + S&H

C/C# Sindt* - - $195 + S&H
* This is one mouthpiece with C and C# bodies. The mouthpiece can also be fit with a D tube.
* Note: Gary Humphrey made me an excellent wide bore D tube (which I’m keeping). You could ask Gary to make you one too. His prices are very reasonable.

Please PM or email me if you would like to buy one.
John Allison
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by John Allison »

Uhhhh ... what am I missing here? A new Sindt whistle sells for $108 plus shipping. What is there about older, used whistles that commands such an increase in price??? :D
Bridges-PdP

Post by Bridges-PdP »

The only thing I could think of was: Instant Gratification.

John may have a bit of a waiting list, so someone could conceivably pay more to have Sindt whistles now as opposed to later.

But isn't there something special about waiting a bit for something you really want?
Scott Bridges

Auxilio ab alto
plunkett5

Post by plunkett5 »

Plus, isn't there something special about John getting the money for his labors rather than a speculator?
Sorry, but in my book, a spade might as well be called a spade.
arnie

Post by arnie »

Sindts come by now and then and people know that and rather wait. So you'd better do something about the price if you want to sell.
AlonE
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by AlonE »

arnie wrote:Sindts come by now and then and people know that and rather wait. So you'd better do something about the price if you want to sell.
yeah expensive I think :P
Key_of_D

Post by Key_of_D »

I was thinking those prices were a wee bit high... Everyone's out to make a dollar these days I guess...
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
MichaelR

Post by MichaelR »

The cost for full set of Sindt whistles is $445.00 and includes: D whistle with E & Eb tubes,
C whistle with C# tube, and Bb whistle with B & A tubes
Paddyman

Post by Paddyman »

Humphreys are just as good, with little wait, and MUCH cheaper than these Sindts.
Key_of_D

Post by Key_of_D »

Well folks I believe we have made our points here, I don't reckon anymore harping is called for. :)
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Wow, catch more people trying to sell stuff here.
I really like the piling on.

I don't know the price of the Bb/A whistles,
but I've paid 30 bucks more than JS's price
for a used Sindt D from Doc Jones. Glad
I did.

It's a marketplace gang, deal with it.
Nobody has to pay this price.
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Note for one the only contributions this seller to the forum are dealing with buying and selling of high end whistles at a price.

John Sindt has a waiting of just under three months at the moment. It much more satisfying to buy straight from a maker and not pay the middlemen. I recently waited three months for a Sam Murray flute and got it considerably cheaper than the price quoted to me by the middleman and I found it a lot more pleasing collecting the flute straight from the maker.

Sindt whistles change hands here regularly at or below new price.
wd40

Post by wd40 »

[quote="Peter Laban"]Note for one the only contributions this seller to the forum are dealing with buying and selling of high end whistles at a price.

I searched this sellers posts back 9 pages or so and didn't see this. Go past the firs page or 2 before you judge. This seems to be a false accusation IMO.
Wm
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Alleged: the only contributions this seller makes to the forum
concern selling high-end whistles at a price.

Like this one:

There is that amazingly intriguing rhythm that some Celtic musicians achieve... it really swings, it's got a snap to it. I love it--and it still eludes me on the whistle.

I'd be much obliged if anyone suggest titles of albums, and specific tunes on that album, that I could buy and listen to/play along with... so I could get the hang of it!

And this one:

Yep, my thumb won't bend (without me screaming, that is). Trigger finger is a condition where a lump of scar tissue makes it so the tendon (or whatever that is in there) can't slide smootly through the sheath. I got it from over-playing the guitar. So, be careful. If you overdo and your joints start to hurt, back off before you do whatever I did that caused scar tissue to form. Because now I really can't bend my thumb. And it's very painful. Can't play the harp anymore, either.

The good news is that I CAN play the whistle. That's really great news, considering.

So, has anyone had this condition and cured themselves of it? If so, please tell me how you did it!

And this one:

Hi there-welcome aboard! I'm from Dripping Springs, which is about 45 minutes NW of Austin. Glad you're enjoying the whistle. I started playing a few years ago because I needed to throw another voice onto an album I was making... and I just fell totally in love with the whistle. Let me know if I can help you out.

And this one:

Hi to Rob and Dow! It's always great to hear from other whistle players in the Austin area. I live in Dripping Springs (about 45 minutes south of Austin). If either of you are up for it, I'd love to invite you out to my music studio. I have a nice sound system that's fun to play with, and some ways that I play whistle music that you'll either find intriguing or awful (depends). What style of playing are either of you into?

And.....
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Alleged: the only contributions this seller makes to the forum
concern selling high-end whistles at a price.

That was certainly my impression. Deal with it.