warming the whistle...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

warming the whistle...

Post by anniemcu »

I suddenly discovered a very effective way to keep my whistle warmed up and ready to play. You guys don't have the option, unless of course you are into cross-dressing. :wink: I suppose a turtle-neck will make it more difficult, but the crew-necked shirt last night afforded ready storage, reasonably effortless extraction, and some degree of concealment (whatever that's worth). I can't for the life of me understand why this didn't occur to me before. Although, I suppose there were those who were even more convinced I'd finally gone 'round the bend, and off the brink. :lol:
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Steamwalker

Post by Steamwalker »

Oooo, kinky!
Flogging Jason
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Flogging Jason »

Steamwalker wrote:Oooo, kinky!
*smack's self in forehead*

Sometimes I'll keep a whistle warm by keeping it under my beer gut when I'm sitting. Sometimes my armpit. Probably keeps people from wanting to play them...probably works in reverse for you and your crewneck annie :D
Rod Sprague
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Rod Sprague »

that reminds me of the time I kept a recorder in my armpit to keep it warm before I played it in the recorder choir in church. The traditional Unitarian Universalist joys and concerns had few people and short comments, so when I was up front I made an aside I was keeping the instrument warm; the instrument under my arm was not there out of eccentricity on my part. One of my fellow recorder players pointed out that just playing the recorder was a sign of eccentricity in and of its self.
okstatepiper

Post by okstatepiper »

A lot of times, I keep my high d whistle up my sleeve during winter months. Keeps it warm and close by in case a tune comes up that I can play along with. Other times, since ussually I am wearing a kilt, (OK I ussually have a GHB at the local jam) I just place it in the waistband. So any other ideals that you might come up with similar would probably work.
KISS ME, I'M IRISH, Scotch, Dutch, Choctaw, and Okie!
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Flogging Jason wrote:

Sometimes I'll keep a whistle warm by keeping it under my beer gut when I'm sitting. Sometimes my armpit. Probably keeps people from wanting to play them...probably works in reverse for you and your crewneck annie :D
Somehow i think the 'attraction factor' is um... well... sagging in direct proportion to gravity's cumulative effect on aging body parts. :lol: .. though my hubby wisely assures me otherwise. :D
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

At last weekend's tionól, wandering from room to room for the 4 simultaneous sessions, an assortment of D and C whistles tucked into the front of my pants beneath my sweater stayed warm and handy. Of course, seeing the bulge, a friend declared, "Is that a whistle in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?" :-)

Annie, do you also keep low whistles, er, handy? That could be pretty spectacular.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
AlonE

Post by AlonE »

MTGuru wrote:At last weekend's tionól, wandering from room to room for the 4 simultaneous sessions, an assortment of D and C whistles tucked into the front of my pants beneath my sweater stayed warm and handy. Of course, seeing the bulge, a friend declared, "Is that a whistle in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?" :-)

Annie, do you also keep low whistles, er, handy? That could be pretty spectacular.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah:
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

<snort> oh my...

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:lol:
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
scheky

Post by scheky »

anniemcu wrote:
Flogging Jason wrote:

Somehow i think the 'attraction factor' is um... well... sagging in direct proportion to gravity's cumulative effect on aging body parts. :lol: .. though my hubby wisely assures me otherwise. :D
Naw Annie, it's not the " seen one seen em all " routine with those. It's more "seen one, wanna see em all"
straycat82

Post by straycat82 »

I've never seen so many whistle players blushing! Annie, perhaps you should call Guinness and see if you can get in their record book ;)
ElPollo

Post by ElPollo »

Why no pictures in this thread? don't want to scare new users? :P
rhulsey

Post by rhulsey »

I've been patiently waiting for pics since Annie began this thread this morning... sounds like I'm not the only one!

Reg
"Those who can make you believe absurdities
can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

rhulsey wrote:I've been patiently waiting for pics since Annie began this thread this morning... sounds like I'm not the only one!

Reg
Now, now. We'll have none of that. Remember where you are --- this is Chiff & (ahem) Fipple! :lol:
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

This got me to thinkin'

I was thinking, you could stick it in your ear if you've a hollow head.

Then I was thinking, you know those Arrow Though the Head comical things you can get?

Wouldn't it be fun to have a Whistle Through the Head thing for sessions?

:D
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.