Flute Photos!!! Come post your flute pictures :)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
bence marosan
antispam: No

chris wilkes

Post by bence marosan »

I have just checked Chris Wilkes's homepage after months. I remembered for six years waiting period. Now I can see that it is - TEN YEARS! GOOD HEAVEN! TEN YEARS! I'll have children and become a grandfather after ten years!

:o :boggle: :o :boggle:
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

phcook wrote:Here is my Fred Rose lute, Mopane

Wow....

Very nice flute and case, Phcook. How does it play ? I thought Mr. Fred doesnt make tunning slide ? Could u tell me, how much did u pay for it ?

Love to have 2 pieces flute as my 5 pieces just exhaust me :(

Thanks....
spadgulika

Holmes McNaughton

Post by spadgulika »

phcook
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by phcook »

Hi Dunno

Check your pm

Best
Breizh soner
Sephiroth

Post by Sephiroth »

an "artistic" view from my Polymer D M&E :

Whistler one day, flutist the next day, irish music for life ;o)
Cass

Post by Cass »

....my two babies!!

A Sweetheart in rosewood...

My Ormiston...

Cass.
cocusflute

Siccama by Chappell

Post by cocusflute »

Here is a Siccama that I'll be selling on EBay in a month or so.
(By the way, it did sell)
The key-work is sterling-silver. It's a rare flute.
It's made by Chappell and it's in near mint condition, with the original
leather covered case. It has a big open sound and the tuning is
spot on. I doubt it would totally satisfy a serious ITM player, but it
is gorgeous and is worth a look.

Last edited by cocusflute on Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The struggle in Palestine is an American war, waged from Israel, America's most heavily armed foreign base and client state. We don't think of the war in such terms. Its assigned role has been clear: the destruction of Arab culture and nationalism.
pixyy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

Sillydill

Hawkes

Post by Sillydill »

The flute on the left is an original Riviere & Hawkes (later became Hawkes & Son) and the one on the right is a modern Copley (based on a Hawkes).

The are both very good players! :party: My youngest son doesn't like the original though, he says "It's too Loud!" :D He likes the Baroque flutes (takes after his mother :lol: ).

All the Best!
Keep on Tootin!

Jordan
Sillydill

Eilam's R&R

Post by Sillydill »

Here's a picture of Eilam's R&R

Keep on Tootin!

Jordan
cocusflute

Another Reviol - SIX KEY FOR SALE

Post by cocusflute »

Here's another Reviol- and this one is for sale. Same great big sound, beautiful keywork, lovely wood. I am selling it to fund my new concertina. This flute is in perfect condition. The tuning is spot-on. Reviol flutes are very similar to Martin Doyle flutes and speak with great volume and projection. A Martin Doyle flute with six-keys would be more expensive and would entail a long wait.
The Reviol is made from Honduras rosewood. The keys are silver-plated. Maurice Reviol was a former key-maker for a bassoon company. His keys are beautiful, unusual, and functional.
Maurice sells this flute, with a solid protective case, for about $2,275. This does not include shipping or tax and would involve a waiting period. I am asking $1,800 for the flute.
This is a seriously good flute in mint, as new condition. If you don’t like I will take it back and refund your money.

The flute will come with the flute case that Maurice sells for $105.

He offers it as: Square Flute Case, Outside Cordura Nylon with front Zip bag, Inside form shaped Polysterene, covered with fabric.

The struggle in Palestine is an American war, waged from Israel, America's most heavily armed foreign base and client state. We don't think of the war in such terms. Its assigned role has been clear: the destruction of Arab culture and nationalism.
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

I dug this picture out of my computer to illustrate a point on another thread - and thought, it might get a wider audience/appreciation on the pics thread! Enjoy!

Here is a picture of a complete set of probably late C19th Band Flutes - I believe they are Hawkes & Son Crown AZs, and they range from Bb bass (alto) to high F piccolo (for baby fingers only!). Note the rather French style keywork. What a gorgeous set! I believe they belong to David Quinn, Imperial Corps of Drums, Liverpool - I hope he/they won't mind me posting the pic!

N.B. THESE ARE NOT MINE AND ARE NOT FOR SALE!

I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads
david quinn
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and NORTHERN IRELAND

flutes

Post by david quinn »

I wish they did Jem they are from a musican in Germany i am only an f piccolo short of the Collection i will post a picture of mines in a display cabinet if i ever get the F piccolo. :cry:

Im not in Imperial corps any more only lasted a small while im in glasgow Amateurs now mate here is a clip of us playing
http://media.putfile.com/through-bolts-and-bars

Hear is a link to my flutes gem their is a couple missing from the photos my Rudall Carte f flute is similar to yours mate. http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... &start=375 you will have to scroll down.

David
jemtheflute

Post by jemtheflute »

Here's one to drool over!
Ziegler on eBay

More nice detail pics on the listing.
I respect people's privilege to hold their beliefs, whatever those may be (within reason), but respect the beliefs themselves? You gotta be kidding!

My YouTube channel
My FB photo albums
Low Bb flute: 2 reels (audio)
Flute & Music Resources - helpsheet downloads