ID this snake?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

Three times? Itchy trigger finger, perhaps? I think I know where you caught that itch ......

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Aanvil wrote:
Lambchop wrote:
djm wrote: Well, my Bible tells me it's time to ravish some more women. Arrrr! :twisted:

djm
Oooooo! The Pirate and the Herpetologist! Oooooo!

Avast!

Be thar a lengthy venomous beastie in ye breeches or' be ye just happy to spy us then?
Not in the herpetologist's breeches, no.

This is a very sensible, academically oriented, lady herpetologist.

Pirate . . . lady herpetologist. Pirate . . . oh. I see.
Cotelette d'Agneau
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

djm wrote:
WyoBadger wrote:Geepers, Pope Gonzo, my Bible tells me to ... etc.
Well, my Bible tells me it's time to ravish some more women. Arrrr! :twisted:

djm
Arrr, that be the New International Scurvy Bilgerat Translation of the Bible, it be.

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
CountryKitty

Post by CountryKitty »

Cran, if you're still reading, try not to let this haunt you. You were trying to do the right thing and made a simple misjudgement. I once read somewhere that "Good judgement is the result of experience, and experience is usually the result of bad judgement". Think of all the animals that are deliberately dumped on the side of the road by owners who don't give a hoot whether they get run over or eaten by coyotes--THEY need a taste of Hell; your simple error is nothing in comparison.

If you can stand another turtle rescue story...I also once got chewed out for a rescue that didn't meet the expectations of another. I spotted a large mud slider (8 or 9" x 5 or 6" wide x 5" thick) starting to cross the highway one day and decided to move him. I picked him up and carried him across the road, set him down facing a small creek and considered it a job well done. I heard a sudden outlandish screeching and looked up into a nearby tree. A big redtailed hawk was looking right at me, very agitated and giving me a real tongue-lashing. It was very obvious that he'd been just waiting for the right truck to com along and open up that lovely big "box lunch"...and then d@mn-it-all some dumb woman comes along and ruins it for him!
CountryKitty

Post by CountryKitty »

Double-post? How'd that happen? :-?
Last edited by CountryKitty on Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CountryKitty

Post by CountryKitty »

A threepeat (....should I be impressed with myself or dismayed?) :o
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

CountryKitty wrote:A threepeat (....should I be impressed with myself or dismayed?) :o
Dismayed that it happened, impressed with your post count? :wink:

When I accidentally hurt animals (or people), I just say to myself, "They probably had it coming." And, really, they probably did. That always makes me feel better.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Cranberry - if it makes you feel any better:

When I was about 6 years old and we lived in Texas, I used to go to a well on base (that all us neighborhood kids had been told to stay away from, so OF COURSE we all played around it!) and get tadpoles and bring them home. I would put them in a cleaned out peanut butter jar with holes in the lid. (Back in the dark ages, peanut butter came in glass jars with metal lids). I never thought about putting any kind of food in there, so most of the time my tadpoles just starved to death.

Except for one time, when my mother flat out refused to let me keep them in the house, so she set the jar outside. On the metal garbage cans. In the full sun. In Texas. That bunch boiled to death.

I've never kept tadpoles in a jar since then. And I still feel sad about them.
Charlene
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Thre are significant differences between these other examples and cran's testudinecide.

For one, CountryKitty's turtle did not die.

And for another, whereas Charlene was six when she parboiled those tadpoles, cranberry was in his early 20s.
Last edited by gonzo914 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Jeferson
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jeferson »

That turtle may indeed be headed toward hell.
Be assured that it will take a considerable amount of time getting there.

Jef
Last edited by Jeferson on Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steamwalker

Post by Steamwalker »

gonzo914 wrote:Thre are significant differences between these other examples and cran's testudinecide.

For one, CountryKitty's turtle did not die.

And for another, whereas Charlene was six when she parboiled those tadpoles, cranberry was in his early 20s.
Talk about beating a dead horse.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Steamwalker wrote:Talk about beating a dead horse.
I doubt that this horse is really dead yet, but if it indeed is . . . well, at least I did not kill said horse by flinging it off a precipice onto the jagged rocks below.
And yellow fringe
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

gonzo914 wrote:
Steamwalker wrote:Talk about beating a dead horse.
I doubt that this horse is really dead yet, but if it indeed is . . . well, at least I did not kill said horse by flinging it off a precipice onto the jagged rocks below.

Poor horsey!

If that horse isn't baptized, like I'm sure that poor turtle was not, it will probably go to hell... or as may have been mentioned before... its a long thread... Limbo.

How low can you go?
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Jack

Post by Jack »

CountryKitty and Charlene, thank you both very much.

Gonzo, I was not in my early 20s. I was 19. Not that it makes any difference--you're an idiot either way.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Cranberry wrote:CountryKitty and Charlene, thank you both very much.

Gonzo, I was not in my early 20s. I was 19. Not that it makes any difference--you're an idiot either way.
A touch. I do confess a touch. I fear I simply cannot compete with your gift for brilliant and subtle badinage and witty repartee.

I am glad you finally got the sympathy you were so desparately seeking when you originally posted this. It only took four pages, and it dovetails so nicely with all your other dead animal posts (dead fish, dead birds). Meanwhile, I'll set the over/under for that poor king snake succumbing to Munchausen's by proxy at, oh, let's see . . . . Christmas.
Last edited by gonzo914 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
And yellow fringe