Serenity--CONTAINS SPOILERS

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
chrisoff
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Serenity--CONTAINS SPOILERS

Post by chrisoff »

Now, don't get your hopes up folks, but there may be a sequel:
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=21191
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
It's so irritating to me that Whedon killed off 2 key characters, enough to make me almost indifferent about another movie.
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

Dale wrote: It's so irritating to me that Whedon killed off 2 key characters, enough to make me almost indifferent about another movie.
I was annoyed too until I watched it with Whedon's commentary on, now I understand why he did it.

It would've been a miracle for them all to survive and killing a few highlights the danger (and also sets up the final scene and makes you think none of them may make it) of the whole situation.

I guess it says something about the series that people got so upset over the movie deaths.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Dale wrote:SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/...;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
It's so irritating to me that Whedon killed off 2 key characters, enough to make me almost indifferent about another movie.
While I liked both of those characters, I understood why Joss killed them off. (Chrisoff explained it in his post.) And I'm anything but indifferent about another movie. I want one! Or two! Or three! How 'bout a new TV series? That'd be shiny! :)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

I don't really listen to those rumors anymore. Joss said in an
interview that his heart was broken when the series was cancelled
(and he won't work with FOX anymore because of that), and again
when Paramount didn't see a sequel happening after the box office
disappointment. I think he's too invested in his art to really play the
movie game.

Also, two of the actors have finally landed roles on major network
shows that might actually stick around. Adam Baldwin (Jayne) is on
"Chuck", and Summer Glau (River) is in "The Sarah Connor Chronicles".
rodfish

Post by rodfish »

I was bored the other night so I pulled out Serenity and after watching it had to start the whole series again.

Good stuff!
"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver."
beowulf573
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by beowulf573 »

I loved this show and was sorry when we watched the last episode. My favorite moment is the opening of "Trash" that has a slow camera move up to Mal sitting naked on a rock, in the middle of an open, empty field. The camera comes up close to his face and he says, "Yep, that went well."

That just killed me, I couldn't stop laughing.

What surprised me what how strong the show was right at the start. Many shows take a while to get into a rhythm and for the actors/writer/directors to settle in, but this one was great from the very first episode.

*sigh*

And Josh Whedon *really* knows how to cast women. Woof.
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

jsluder wrote:
Dale wrote:SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING/SPOILER ALERT/...;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
While I liked both of those characters, I understood why Joss killed them off. (Chrisoff explained it in his post.) And I'm anything but indifferent about another movie. I want one! Or two! Or three! How 'bout a new TV series? That'd be shiny! :)
I remember this same rumour about a new series circulating a while back. There was even some chatter that a studio up in Vancouver was constructing sets (there were fabricated "spy photos" and everything).
I'd be thrilled for another movie (even more so for another series), but I'll believe it when I see it.

browncoats forever!
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown