Tal St. Clare says goodbye

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
khl
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Tal St. Clare says goodbye

Post by khl »

I told Tal (on another list) that I'd post this for him.
Tal St.Claire wrote: Wanted to make this official since the board has been helpful over the year. I had my acct deactivated purposely. Thank you for all your help ChiffandFipple over the past 4 years :D . You whistle players collectively are a "wealth of knowledge". I respect the board for that reason. Be good!

Reply's not neccesary.

P.S. My contact information will be available in the future.

Sincerely

Talbert St. Claire
Keith
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

According to Dale the board has a stated and definite policy of not de-activating or terminating accounts except in cases of blatant miss-use so how did he manage that one? :P

Or is Dale just being selective about whom he wants to let go?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Peter Laban wrote:According to Dale the board has a stated and definite policy of not de-activating or terminating accounts except in cases of blatant miss-use so how did he manage that one? :P

You'll have to ask him.

The question of Tal has not come to the moderatorial assembly, so I don't know if this information is true or if said deactivation occurred on the other list khl referred to and the info simply bled unintended into the "sayonara" sent to us. It's all too vague too tell.

Being an ex-member is easy, really: you just don't post or even lurk. Why all this drama about deactivation, I have no idea. If persons wants to go, they can just go. No need for a production.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
peeplj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by peeplj »

All you have to do is change your password on the board to something random and then logout.

You won't be able to log back in.

Bingo! Deactivation.

I don't have any knowledge regarding Tal, but I suspect this may be what he means.

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

peeplj wrote:All you have to do is change your password on the board to something random and then logout.

Bingo! Deactivation.
That would do it.

The wording of the message suggests an agent other than oneself, though.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

Announced departures aren't.
/Bloomfield
MaryC
Tell us something.: Playing the whistle is so much easier than playing the accordion: I've never yet found an accordion which would fit into my handbag!

Post by MaryC »

peeplj wrote:All you have to do is change your password on the board to something random and then logout.

Bingo! Deactivation.

I don't have any knowledge regarding Tal, but I suspect this may be what he means.

--James
You don't even need to do that ... you can just not log in. Deactivation by lack of action!
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

One must also note that he has been here (self imposed deactivation), done that and been back.....

multiple times.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Denny

Post by Denny »

well, some people just like goodbyes.

The road is twisty, innit!
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Peter Laban wrote:According to Dale the board has a stated and definite policy of not de-activating or terminating accounts except in cases of blatant miss-use so how did he manage that one? :P

Let's ask him. Oh, wait. I'm him.

If an account is deactivated, it just means the individual can't log in. All of his or her posts remain intact and assigned to that person's username.

If an account is deleted the username for all of that individual's posts reverts to "Guest" which is creates a great deal of confusion.

In spite of what I may have said in the past, what I meant was we'll deactivate posts if people insist, but we won't delete accounts except by spammers or for other rare, very good and special purposes. An example of the latter is when a new registrant screws up an account early on technically and wants to start over. That's a case-by-case.

And, you know, Peter, if I had deleted your account as you requested, you wouldn't have had the chance to call me out publicly.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

MaryC wrote:

Bingo! Deactivation.

--James
You don't even need to do that ... you can just not log in. Deactivation by lack of action!
Thank you. Thank you very much. Thanks for that. It's kind of like, hey, Dale, hide this bottle of booze and DON'T TELL ME WHERE IT IS NO MATTER HOW MUCH I BEG LATER.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

bye tal. i hope to see you again.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

I'm glad Talbert felt like letting folks know that he appreciated them. I can fully understand why he might not care to have continued interaction here at this time. I hope that, like several others have, he will find it a more comfortable fit later, and return.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Then there's the one about the kid who got a new
boomerang and put himself in hospital trying
to throw the old one away.

However some people actually have left after
a big flourish.
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Goodbye!

Post by greenspiderweb »

anniemcu wrote:I'm glad Talbert felt like letting folks know that he appreciated them. I can fully understand why he might not care to have continued interaction here at this time. I hope that, like several others have, he will find it a more comfortable fit later, and return.
No doubt we will still have Celtic Woman to keep us posted about his cds and such. You can watch for her posts then. She's been a very loyal fan.

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/profile.php?m ... ile&u=5282
~~~~
Barry