The difference between men and women

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
MagicSailor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by MagicSailor »

Hi
izzarina wrote:I think that men think they are interested in romance and love, but there is a very big difference. For a man, romance and love focus on the physical, but for a woman, it focuses on the emotional
Maybe that's true in general, but then there are different men around. Most (all?) men, when they meet a woman they are attracted to will at some stage think about how nice it would be to go to bed with her. Some men (like me) will think about how nice it would be to wake up with her. That's the difference between players and stayers.

(Oh, and my apologies for the "bitchin' about your cold" thing. I hope you understand it was very much tongue in cheek, and I do hope you're feeling better. Honest injun!)

Regards,

Owen Morgan
Yacht Magic
Anchored in the lagoon, St Maarten

My new blog.
Click here for my latest reported position. (Use the satellite view.)
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

MagicSailor wrote:Maybe that's true in general, but then there are different men around. Most (all?) men, when they meet a woman they are attracted to will at some stage think about how nice it would be to go to bed with her. Some men (like me) will think about how nice it would be to wake up with her. That's the difference between players and stayers.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. But I tend to believe that most men are not like you....they tend to be far more interested in the "go to bed" portion rather than the "waking up" portion. Hence my saying that they are far more interested in physical "romance". Maybe it's because they just can't handle the real thing ;)
(Oh, and my apologies for the "bitchin' about your cold" thing. I hope you understand it was very much tongue in cheek, and I do hope you're feeling better. Honest injun!)
You're just lucky that I was sick. If I had been more on the ball, you would have been in trouble ;) Seriously, don't worry about it. T'was no big deal.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

"Men really don't live like human beings. They're more like bears with furniture. I went into a man's bathroom once. It was so horrible I couldn't describe it. . . but I'll try. It seems that men aren't, well, that specific. As long as they hit something they're happy." -- Rita Rudner
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

"Gentlemen please approach as near as possible to the target area.
Ladies please remain seated until the performance is over. "
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
djm

Post by djm »

So now we've descended into pee jokes? Well, we aim to please ....

This is men being romantic as only men can be, written by men, performed by men:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=t-idDbIfGvw

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

amar wrote:Image
YOU WIN!
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

I.D.10-t wrote:Well, women have XX chromosomes and men have XY.

So the difference would be XX-XY=A.

X² – XY = A is a hyperbola.

So the difference between men and women is a hyperbola.

Hope this helps.
Oh my, does that mean someone approaches zero...Naw
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

MagicSailor wrote:Hi
izzarina wrote:I think that men think they are interested in romance and love, but there is a very big difference. For a man, romance and love focus on the physical, but for a woman, it focuses on the emotional
Maybe that's true in general, but then there are different men around. Most (all?) men, when they meet a woman they are attracted to will at some stage think about how nice it would be to go to bed with her. Some men (like me) will think about how nice it would be to wake up with her. That's the difference between players and stayers.
Precisely. I am so grateful that I finally found (and recognized) the latter. We've been married 25 years this time next week. He's definitely a different guy from the norm.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Five things you'll never hear a man say --

1. Oh, those shoes will make my feet look so cute.
2. (High pitched squeal on meeting a friend) Bobbeeeeeeeee, Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, Bobbeeeee! (Must wave hands frantically).
3. Let's just take it to Jiffy Lube.
4. Do these pants make my butt look big.
5. That's OK, dear. We can go visit your mother, and I'll watch the Superbowl some other time.

Five things you'll never hear a woman say --

1. We don't have anything to do this afternoon. Why don't you just take a nap?
2. My hair's fine; let's just go.
3. You want me to make chili tonight?
4. You're right.
5. No, I'll take the kids to visit mother. You just grab a beer and watch the Superbowl.

And you guys who are pretending to be sensitive -- Knock it off. This is the internet. You are not going to get any of these women to go home with you.

And finally, the words "Fine. Do whatever you want." have an entirely different meaning when spoken by a man than when spoken by a woman.

(Sports disclaimer: The last time gonzo saw a Superbowl, the Kansas City Chiefs won.)
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Jack

Post by Jack »

Yesterday I was in the car with my sister and boyfriend-in-law. He was talking to my sister about his pants, which he is wearing because lately it's been cold.

"I thought you wore them yesterday," my sister remarked.

"Oh, I did," said her boyfriend nonchalantly.

"Did you wash them?" my sister raised her eyebrows because she knew the answer. But she did not know the full extent

"No, I haven't washed them for six days."

While she was driving, she and I began to hit him with our fists and pull his hair and make him swear to wash his pants as soon as we got back.

It occured to me afterwards that this kind of incident played out to this kind of discussion.
chrisoff
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by chrisoff »

Cranberry wrote:Yesterday I was in the car with my sister and boyfriend-in-law. He was talking to my sister about his pants, which he is wearing because lately it's been cold.

"I thought you wore them yesterday," my sister remarked.

"Oh, I did," said her boyfriend nonchalantly.

"Did you wash them?" my sister raised her eyebrows because she knew the answer. But she did not know the full extent

"No, I haven't washed them for six days."

While she was driving, she and I began to hit him with our fists and pull his hair and make him swear to wash his pants as soon as we got back.

It occured to me afterwards that this kind of incident played out to this kind of discussion.
While 6 days is extreme, surely if you washed your trousers/jeans every day you'd a) need a huge pile of clothes in your wardrobe and b) have far too much washing to do?

It's just not practical.

Unless you've got a woman to do it for you :D
Denny

Post by Denny »

but what if ya don't have a stream in the back yard with big smooth rocks?
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Denny wrote:but what if ya don't have a stream in the back yard with big smooth rocks?
Then you have to “dry clean”. That is when you scrape off the really caked on mud and dirt with your thumbnail or spoon and brush off the rest.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Denny

Post by Denny »

chas

Post by chas »

chrisoff wrote: While 6 days is extreme, surely if you washed your trousers/jeans every day you'd a) need a huge pile of clothes in your wardrobe and b) have far too much washing to do?

It's just not practical.

Unless you've got a woman to do it for you :D
My wife and I have a great division of labor. I cook, she does laundry. When she had a C-section I was on laundry duty for a few days. It quickly became apparent that giving me instructions was more difficult than it was to just have me do all the lifting and have her separate* the clothes into all the various types there apparently are. When I had pneumonia and was flat on my back for a week, I began to appreciate this. After the leftovers were used up, maybe 2-3 days, I was having to either eat Kraft macaroni and cheese or give her instructions how to cook real food. Same thing, it was less effort to do the cooking myself.

*I once saw a comedian who went into how women do this religious ritual or something of "separating" clothes. I think this was the same guy who said "Women actually wash bath towels. I just use one till it's too stiff and throw it away."
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.