Why I feel sorry for Britney Spears-A post by Dale

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

That Chris Cocker is off his rocker. lol
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

amar wrote:That Chris Cocker is off his rocker. lol
I love all his videos on YouTube. I've watched every one.
Cass

Post by Cass »

Cranberry wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

"SHE'S A HUMAN!"
MY GOD! He needs to get out more! (He's the one that's not well! :lol: )

Cass.
Cass.

Time flies like an arrow....
....Fruit flies like a banana
Jack

Post by Jack »

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

Dale's post is so similar to the video. It immediately made me think of it. LOL.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

s1m0n wrote:Ron Howard is the most remarkable exception I can think of; he's had three careers, all in hollywood, and all without visibly freaking out.
Right you are.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Cranberry wrote:LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

Dale's post is so similar to the video. It immediately made me think of it. LOL.
Uh. Yes. This young man is taking it personally, I do believe.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

djm wrote:There has to be a point where one takes responsibility for one's own actions. She played up the nymphette image and cashed in big time. She doesn't have to be a "celebrity" any more. She's not a kid anymore. She has enough money to live well for several lifetimes. The fact that she chooses NOT to live well is up to her, now.

Sorry, I can't get too upset for rich people who behave badly.

djm

I understand, but her freedom to choose her life is now very much limited. Where would she go to live a normal life, raise her kids, and not be hounded by photographers? Also, I'm not at all sure how much money she has.

She played up the nymphette image before she was old enough to give informed consent. I'm not completely comfortable with the idea of assigning full responsibility to her. But, I appreciate your post because it certainly represents the other side of cases like this which I think about a lot. When do you say to someone like this--Ok, this is your life and you're a grownup and you have kids and you have some hard decisions to make.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

s1m0n wrote:Ron Howard is the most remarkable exception I can think of; he's had three careers, all in hollywood, and all without visibly freaking out.
There is also Shirley Temple.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I.D.10-t wrote:
Then again, neither of these examples were sexualized in the way Miss Spears was.
Reasonable person
Walden
emmline

Post by emmline »

Maybe it would be interesting for Britney to start wearing hippie skirts and singing ballads. Could it work? Dump the whole bikini shtick.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Walden wrote:
I.D.10-t wrote:
Then again, neither of these examples were sexualized in the way Miss Spears was.
Neither was Danny Bonaduce.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I.D.10-t wrote:Neither was Danny Bonaduce.
You make a good point, though he was apparently a victim of domestic violence, in childhood.
Reasonable person
Walden
HampshireWhistler

Post by HampshireWhistler »

Cass wrote:
Cranberry wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

"SHE'S A HUMAN!"
MY GOD! He needs to get out more! (He's the one that's not well! :lol: )

Cass.
That was a HE? :boggle:
"It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged." - G.K. Chesterton
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

emmline wrote:Maybe it would be interesting for Britney to start wearing hippie skirts and singing ballads. Could it work? Dump the whole bikini shtick.
Except that she really cannot sing.
djm

Post by djm »

Cberry wrote:"SHE'S A HUMAN!"
No, she is not. Humans don't behave that way and make public spectacles of themselves. Freaks do. That's what makes them so entertaining. Act like a freak and people will treat you like a freak - a very rich freak, in this case. I would be happy to use her and relieve her of her money, too.
The Undisputed wrote:When do you say to someone like this--Ok, this is your life and you're a grownup and you have kids and you have some hard decisions to make.
That's where I don't know enough details about her life (don't really care). I know that she spent her early years on the road directly under parental supervision. I am not familiar with her relationship with her lawyers, managers, etc. to know who started advising her and when did they start giving her more and more control over her finances and life choices. Naturally, she is beyong the point of disappearing into a quiet suburb and living a "normal" life by now, but she certainly has the resources to disappear into a quiet, rich peoples' enclave and lead a rich person's life. What's not to like about that?

The reason I mention parents and mentors is that these are the people available to give advice and gradually assist someone into taking responsibility for their life. Some of us are taught. Some of us have to figure it out for ourselves. In either case, we are all responsible for our choices. It's not what happens to us that defines us, but rather how we choose to act or react. Granted that our training and experience has a lot to do with influencing our choices, but we also have the power to change, to learn more, to do better.

I think Speers has the time and resources to correct her mistakes and do better.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.