What's on the menu at your house?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
KatieBell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

What's on the menu at your house?

Post by KatieBell »

I'm just wondering what is on the menu at your house. From the marvelous to the mundane, what are you eating today?

To start it off, here's what we had today: breakfast burritos with eggs, Mexican chipotle sausage, shredded cheese, and taco sauce. Sides were red skillet potatoes and refried beans. What did you have?

To be on a quest is nothing more or less than to become an asker of questions. -Keen
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

For a change of pace, we actually had something nice to eat here.
Spaghetti w/homemade sauce, corn on the cob, cantaloupe, cucumbers, and peanut butter cake.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

We had leftovers. Curried chickpeas, curried potatoes and peas, aromatic yellow rice, and this stuff I had at an Italian restaurant once. It's pasta (should be ziti or rigatoni, I used spaghetti tonight) with a tomato paste flavored with hot pepper (I use hot paprika, cayenne would be fine) and green olives and capers.

Our daughter, not surprisingly, ate the spaghetti, picking out all the "green stuff", ie, the olives and capers.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
djm

Post by djm »

Grilled salmon steak, rice pilaf, sautéed mushrooms, grilled veggies, garlic bread. Oh, and a twist of lemon. :wink:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
BillChin

Post by BillChin »

I had fried chicken and french bread from the supermarket. Later I had a soft serve ice cream cone.
KatieBell

Post by KatieBell »

BillChin wrote:I had fried chicken and french bread from the supermarket. Later I had a soft serve ice cream cone.
Oooh. Ice cream! We got two new flavors. Banana pudding and chocolate chip. There is nothing like Blue Bell. Think I'll go have some to curb the appetite all these delicious sounding dinners are creating!
To be on a quest is nothing more or less than to become an asker of questions. -Keen
hathair_bláth

Post by hathair_bláth »

Tacos!

Not a bit of Hispanic in us anywhere, but some how my mother makes the best tacos.
Flogging Jason
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Flogging Jason »

My breakfast was leftovers: couscous tossed with sauteed scallions, poblano peppers, sh*t, sugar snap peas and assorted seasonings.

Lunch was Pancetta and Meunster cheese on whole wheat with chipotle mustard and mayo.

Dinner was Italian Sausage that was grilled then wrapped in crescent roll dough(from the can) and baked. Side dish was seasoned potato slices and scallions stir fried in butter.

Dessert was Edy's Espresso Chip ice cream....eaten straight from the carton!

edited to note that I did NOT eat what is listed under breakfast!!!!! For some reason the forum recognized shi takes as something dirty and edited it!!!!!
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Breakfast and lunch were stuff from the fast food places near work.

Dinner:
Steelhead trout, topped with sauteed portobello and shiitake mushrooms and crab meat, baked and topped with a mushroom and butter sauce. yum :)
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
Flogging Jason

Post by Flogging Jason »

Wanderer wrote: shiitake mushrooms
Thanks man....I'll remember the proper spelling next time I need to use it! :lol:
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I had canned soup.
Reasonable person
Walden
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Flogging Jason wrote:
Wanderer wrote: shiitake mushrooms
Thanks man....I'll remember the proper spelling next time I need to use it! :lol:
I always remember shiitake...but I always have a problem remembering portobello. I always wanna call it "portabello"...probably due to my southern accent. heh
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

Today I had oats with raisins, coconut, hazlenuts, almonds etc for breakfast.

Lunch will be the rest of the turkey jalfrezi (sauce from a jar) I had for dinner last night.

Dinner tonight I think will be either pot roast of beef with mashed tatties or a pork chop, also with mashed tatties.
Cass

Post by Cass »

I had some muesli and a banana for my breakfast.

I'll probably have soup and a roll for lunch.

I'm doing pork chops in cider, stuffed with apple for dinner, with broccoli and baby baked spuds. OR, I might do haggis (there's one in the freezer). I'll see how the mood takes me!!:D

Cass. :)
Cass.

Time flies like an arrow....
....Fruit flies like a banana
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Monday: Toast and Weetabix for breakfast with Orange Juice. (on Saturdays & Sundays it's porridge instead of Weetabix).

Lunch was (as usual) a sandwich on my own homemade bread, with a carrot, apple & banana.

Dinner was stir-fried quorn with julienne-strips of carrot, with brown rice. Chef missed the Soy Sauce bottle and used Teriyaki sauce instead, which made it taste a little odd (and a little too sweet). She finished the Teriyaki sauce so there's less chance of it happening again soon.
And a bottle of Hobgoblin's "Witchcraft" ale. Very nice.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!