Harry Potter 7 SPOILER discussion

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
fearfaoin
antispam: No

Post by fearfaoin »

hathair_bláth wrote:Hermione did destroyed Helga Hufflepuff's cup with one of the Basalisk teeth they recovered, so it wasn't a total loss.
Wait, you're right. I forgot that they hadn't yet destroyed
the cup they got from Gringott's. Well played. I feel a bit
better about that Parseltongue mess, then.
avanutria
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

I just read the book this weekend, so can stop avoiding this thread now. Hello, everyone :)
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

Too late, Av. we've already answered all questions and solved all mysteries. :wink:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

avanutria wrote:I just read the book this weekend, so can stop avoiding this thread now. Hello, everyone :)
Dia dhuit, ava! ;)

(I've been working on the Irish again...but unfortunately, dia dhuit is pretty much the extent :lol: )
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
jkwest
Location: the beautiful, untainted NorCal..yes there is one..

Post by jkwest »

Don't talk with food in your mouth.
tuaz

Post by tuaz »

Like Dale, I couldn't figure out what the fuss was after reading book 1. However, being curious, I'm glad for this thread as I now know how it all ended.

It is helpful, you know, if any other people want to engage you in conversation about it. :)
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

tuaz wrote:Like Dale, I couldn't figure out what the fuss was after reading book 1. However, being curious, I'm glad for this thread as I now know how it all ended.

It is helpful, you know, if any other people want to engage you in conversation about it. :)
My dad occasionally forces himself to watch a baseball game for similar reasons.

(I'm not that polite. I just say, "I don't watch sports.")
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
pipersgrip
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by pipersgrip »

i guessed a lot of what happened in it, i knew that Snape wasnt a bad guy. and that Malfoy would turn a little good.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
tuaz

Post by tuaz »

When I first heard that Snape killed Dumbledore (remember I've only ever read the first book, although I know bits of what's happened since then from other people), my first thought was that it was done so that (Star Wars reference here) DD could join the Force and make it stronger, and that it was a plan hatched by the both of them to get SS closer to V.

Not too bad a guess, I now note.

:wink: