bad cops

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
rh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

bad cops

Post by rh »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070806/ap_ ... kitty_cops
Bad Thai cops to endure Kitty shame
1 hour, 36 minutes ago
BANGKOK, Thailand - Thai police officers who break rules will be forced to wear hot pink armbands featuring "Hello Kitty," the Japanese icon of cute, as a mark of shame, a senior officer said Monday.

Police officers caught littering, parking in a prohibited area, or arriving late — among other misdemeanors — will be forced to stay in the division office and wear the armband all day, said Police Col. Pongpat Chayaphan. The officers won't wear the armband in public.

The striking armband features Hello Kitty sitting atop two hearts.

"Simple warnings no longer work. This new twist is expected to make them feel guilt and shame and prevent them from repeating the offense, no matter how minor," said Pongpat, acting chief of the Crime Suppression Division in Bangkok.

"(Hello) Kitty is a cute icon for young girls. It's not something macho police officers want covering their biceps," Pongpat said.

He said police caught breaking the law will be subject the same fines and penalties as any other members of the public.

"We want to make sure that we do not condone small offenses," Pongpat said, adding that the CSD believed that getting tough on petty misdemeanors would lead to fewer cases of more serious offenses including abuse of power and mistreatment of the public by police officers.

Hello Kitty, invented by Sanrio Co. in 1974, has been popular for years with children and young women. The celebrity cat adorns everything from diamond-studded jewelry, Fender guitars and digital cameras to lunch boxes, T-shirts and stationery.
there is no end to the walking
Sliabh Luachra
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Sliabh Luachra »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Only a mediocre person is always at his best." -Somerset Maugham
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Now see, that's what we need in this country. Only apply it to congressmen and senators. It would make our nation a better place.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

What laws do they have to break to get the Hello Kitty cruiser?

Personally, I kind of find this sad, using Hello Kitty as punishment.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

I.D.10-t wrote:What laws do they have to break to get the Hello Kitty cruiser?

Will they be able to Catch Evil Knievel now ?

Shot at 2007-08-06
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

Wait!! Is that a 512 Boxer that some one "Hello Kitty'd"? Or a TR?? Oh the shame of it all- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pixyy
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

fel bautista wrote:Wait!! Is that a 512 Boxer that some one "Hello Kitty'd"? Or a TR?? Oh the shame of it all- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks like a testarossa to me...
Same difference through when it comes to putting hello kitty on a Ferrari. What is this world coming to :sniffle:
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

pixyy wrote:
fel bautista wrote:Wait!! Is that a 512 Boxer that some one "Hello Kitty'd"? Or a TR?? Oh the shame of it all- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks like a testarossa to me...
NOt anymore; now it's a Testarosie! :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Would the testarossa have been so named if it didn't sound kinda like testosterone?

How about a tune called "Test the tossers"?
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

could someone please explain this to me? i am a grown man. i am totally captivated by all things hello kitty. i don't like the color pink, i really don't like cats (see other threads for confirmation) and i don't like cutesy things. still, i think there is something up with hello kitty that triggers pleasure sensors in the brain.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
djm

Post by djm »

That would depend on the individual brain. :o

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Denny

Post by Denny »

or the individuals definition of pleasureImage
fel bautista

Post by fel bautista »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:Would the testarossa have been so named if it didn't sound kinda like testosterone?
When Enzo made the first Testa Rosa back in 55/56 he painted the cylinder head valve covers red-hence testa rosa. Yes, it does mean what you think it means, just like testimony (or so I'm told).
fel bautista

Post by fel bautista »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:Would the testarossa have been so named if it didn't sound kinda like testosterone?
When Enzo made the first Testa Rosa back in 55/56 he painted the cylinder head valve covers red-hence testa rosa. Yes, it does mean what you think it means, just like testimony (or so I'm told).
pipersgrip

Post by pipersgrip »

I.D.10-t wrote:What laws do they have to break to get the Hello Kitty cruiser?

:lol: :lol: :lol: so true, that is so funny.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan