Cat Nicknames and Appellations

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Denny
antispam: No

Post by Denny »

The Weekenders wrote:My question is: what do you call your cat when it pees in your shoes? Or leaves an Easter egg in the clean laundry basket? Or barfs on the rug in the middle of the night so you step in it on the way to the WC? Or slashes at your legs as you walk by? Or attacks your eyelids when you are having REM sleep and you wake up with strange marks on them?
oh, my!!! Weeks is really Fat Freddy!!! :o
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

Harumph. Who you callin' Fat!? (Even if I am on the corpulent side).

Despite my known disdain, I am very fond of Get Fuzzy.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

The Weekenders wrote:Despite my known disdain, I am very fond of Get Fuzzy.
You have good taste in comic strips, Weeks. Get Fuzzy is brilliant.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Denny

Post by Denny »

The Weekenders wrote:Harumph. Who you callin' Fat!?
:D Are you old enough to remember Fat Freddie's Cat?
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Denny wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:My question is: what do you call your cat when it pees in your shoes? Or leaves an Easter egg in the clean laundry basket? Or barfs on the rug in the middle of the night so you step in it on the way to the WC? Or slashes at your legs as you walk by? Or attacks your eyelids when you are having REM sleep and you wake up with strange marks on them?
oh, my!!! Weeks is really Fat Freddy!!! :o
"Pissed!" ... that's what I'd call them... You obviously are not getting the message about moving the laundry off the favorite sleeping spot, haven't been keeping up with the litter box, went to a different barber, visited someone they don't like, or changed brands of dry cat food. :o Best to figure it out! They have unending tricks in their 'revenge' bags. :lol:

Never ignore an angry cat. It'll cost you!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
hathair_bláth

Post by hathair_bláth »

Oooo...got to chime in on the kitty thread! :D

I've got two furry bundles of joy at the moment who absolutely hate each other. Luckily, they're outdoor cats with plenty of room to steer clear of each other.

Squeaks, a dark-grey mediumhair (is that a word?), goes by Squeaky, Squeakers, Squeakums, Squeakerkins, and because as a kitten her tail seemed to be a spiderweb magnet, Spider-Butt.

Sgt Pepper, the great-niece to Squeaks, is a long-haired black and gold tabby who loves to talk. She mostly goes by Pepper, but gets called Peppy, Pep, Pepperkins, or Pepperoni :oops:. My dad usually calls her The Mouth of the South or just Mouth for short, among other things.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

jsluder wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:Despite my known disdain, I am very fond of Get Fuzzy.
You have good taste in comic strips, Weeks. Get Fuzzy is brilliant.
Oh yes. Worthy indeed.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Denny wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:Harumph. Who you callin' Fat!?
:D Are you old enough to remember Fat Freddie's Cat?
I have original Freak Bros. comix. As well as Arcade Magazine, Zap Comix and a few others. I have the debut of Zippy the Pinhead, I think, including his extended panel trip to Hearst Castle. Where's the Coke machine? Tell me a joke! Is this time now? Lotsa Crumb too. My rarest comic is "Bakersfield Kountry Komix" by whom, I forget.

I keep meaning to ebay the whole bunch, if I can find them. I used to go to Telegraph Avenue, to the Smoke Shop under the Sather Gate Garage and buy them, hot off the presses. I was 19 or so at the time.

In a box somewhere. I have been hiding them from my sons for years, because a few, especially Harold Hedd are pretty dirty. I hid 'em so well I can't find 'em.

Yeah, I remember Fat Freddy's cat too. He did some of those things I mentioned.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

jsluder wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:My Siamese cat ...
Ah, I see your mistake. :wink:
You, sir, are a cad. I have owned two, and known more, Siameses who were friendly and noble and true.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Nanohedron wrote:
jsluder wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:My Siamese cat ...
Ah, I see your mistake. :wink:
You, sir, are a cad. I have owned two, and known more, Siameses who were friendly and noble and true.
They are noble and almost dog-like in their attachments to humans, but they are perverse, too. Kinda S and M-y. They are very brave, too. My terror used to literally jump on a family German shepherd and scratch her nose, which just has to hurt like hell..
Denny

Post by Denny »

"Bakersfield Kountry Komix"
Larry Welz and Larry Sutherland

thought ya might :lol:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

The Weekenders wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
jsluder wrote: Ah, I see your mistake. :wink:
They are noble and almost dog-like in their attachments to humans, but they are perverse, too. Kinda S and M-y. They are very brave, too. My terror used to literally jump on a family German shepherd and scratch her nose, which just has to hurt like hell..
I've heard so many stories about the perverse ones that I can't doubt it. I've just never run into them. Siamese cats are all nutjobs, though, and to me that's a plus. But I had one who was a born diplomat, and he the knack of making friends with all the neighbor cats. One day I came home from work and found about five or six neighbor cats, himself, and my other housecat all sitting in my front yard in a circle facing each other, all eyes closed and all smiling and communing in Zen-like tranquility. And at around 3:30pm, no less. I had no doubt he'd had a hand in it somehow, and it was one of the weirdest things I ever did see.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

"Are we having fun yet?"

Our cats are Splodge, Rascal, Ratty and Cookie.

Splodge is alias Fatcat, the Blob, the Obstruction, and Roadblock. She likes to lie in doorways and main routes through the house.

Rascal and Ratty will not eat if anyone comes into the kitchen. They like to pretend they are feral. They are not. Rascal has a habit of pretending to sit on me and then sitting on my wife instead when we are watching TV. Usually she appears five minutes before we are about to get up.

Cookie (the neutered Tom) is also known as Monster, the Grouch, and Pest. He likes to be stratched or stroked a little. There is only a second's difference between too little and too much. Then you had better stand back.

"I just spent my last twenty dollars on catnip!"
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Cass

Post by Cass »

I can't give ours catnip anymore :( . The old cat really enjoys it, and goes all mellow, but it turns "little un" (who is normally the sweetest natured ball of ginger fur that you could ever meet), into a drug crazed psychotic bully and all hell breaks loose! :o

Cass.
Cass.

Time flies like an arrow....
....Fruit flies like a banana
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Innocent Bystander wrote:They like to pretend they are feral. They are not.
But isn't that the charm of it all? :wink: