Le Tour de France - 2007

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
MarcusR
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: I stay in a place called 'Rooms'... There's a whole chain of them.

Post by MarcusR »

Sylvester wrote:There's usually a party spoiler. Iban Mayo had EPO in one of the resting days. He's been fired already from Saunier-Duval. I wonder if the team really ignored about Mayo doings...

Bitter regards
Rafa
I read it too this morning :sniffle:

There are also a new claim that Contador has doped and indeed was involved in Operación Puerto ...
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... jul31news2

Only hope as I see it, is if sponsors took a bigger responsibility to put less pressure on supernatural performances and bigger focus on clean wins and team results.

In despite of all doping news I did a "clean" 60 km ride yesterday (avg 32 km/h) and an hour of bodypump this morning.
Now, my legs are numb.

/MarcusR
There is no such thing as tailwind -- it's either against you or you're simply having great legs!
fel bautista
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

His career is done; never really recovered from 2003/2004.
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

I have before my eyes a protocol for doping," he said. "All of this has been covered up, at least in Spain."
Untrue. This affair was openly commented in Spain. Documents spoke about Contador as regards as belonging to Manolo Sainz Team (ONCE) when he was a junior, as did spoke about lots of others riders. No evidence was ever found that Contador had anything. The UCI investigated thoroughly all guys named in that brief, punished lots of them and publicly declared innocent to the rest of them.
When questioned on how he came into possession of such documents, Franke refused to give away any information. "They simply landed in my briefcase, that happens sometimes, and I promptly handed them over the Bundeskriminalamt {the German national police - ed.}"
Uhmm, AFAIK, documents never "simply land" on someone's hands. It's quite a coincidence that he mentions those "documents" when Contador's won the Tour. His refusal for giving details leads to think twice about the truth of this statement.
Jaksche added that Contador is the only person who knows about his own situation. "He is the only one who knows," he said.
So, why does Jaksche make so many mischievous assumptions? There's always people that seem to be happy stirring the waters.

It happened the same with Delgado, Indurain, Armstrong...and so on. Rumours and gossips can't rule over the law. Controls must work and be effective. Let's leave Jörg Jaksche live his 2 minutes fame.

Rgds
Rafa
Reel
Asturian Air

Audare est Facere
fel bautista

Post by fel bautista »

Remarks from Jaksche should be taken with care- after all he started with Polti and was allegedly doping then. Of the three, Delgado, Indurain and Armstrong, I don't remember any rumors about Indurain during his racing period. The only thing I remember was the 92 or 93 TT when he blew by Bugno and was christened the "extraterrestrial" becasue of the spectacled time trial helmet.

Active rest, active rest....
fel bautista

Post by fel bautista »

There's always people that seem to be happy stirring the waters.

Rgds
Rafa
One more comment- at least we're civil here in the pub. I was reading some of the cycling forums and so many rumors and so many people trying to stir the pot. Its acually pleasant here.

Go ride!
J-dub

Post by J-dub »

The whole thing stinks, and not just because of the few riders that officials of various ilk have chosen to scape-goat for suspect reasons.

Such negative publicity is a real black eye for competitive cycling in general. I think the unfortuntate outcome is that the general public gets the impression that it is all due to a few cylists trying to evade the well intentioned sanctioned bodies who appear to be trying to stop it. The reality is that the cyling ruling bodies are too concerned about bickering amongst themselves than doing anything about the situation, otherwise they could have stopped this whole fiasco from happening in the first place. They probably fear that there would be no one left to start the Tour if they had acted pre-emptively and uniformly (and they might be right)!
And look what happened to Rasmussen, he was never nailed by any testing (and he must have been tested up the yin yang having the yellow jersey that many days), the corporate sponsors panicked and decided that it was better to get rid of him rather than have him win and stand even a remote risk that he would be implicated later, protect the corporate interest at all cost, but what about Rasmussen? He is now vilified as a cheat, while there is no objective evidence to prove it, while others who are most likely as guilty of such things as all the rest are left to stand on the podium.
There has to be some uniformity of enforcement and proper due process for the riders in order to get past this sad state of affairs.
MarcusR wrote: In despite of all doping news I did a "clean" 60 km ride yesterday
/MarcusR
Clean eh, Marcus? You expect us to just take your word for it? I know you Swedish riders all too well. My Swedish friend always rides unaturally well after eating a big plate of Janson's Temptation; if that is not doping I don't know what is :P

I have to admit to some adulteration on last weekends rides as well, before it comes out in the press. Saturday I rode my mtn bike 60 km and 1000 m vertical (almost all on dirt), but I ate a bunch of wild strawberries on the decent, I know they are a banned performance enhancing substatnce but I could not resist the temptation. :sniffle: Sunday, Wolf Creek pass 100 km and 1000 plus m vertical, but I cheated again near the finnish by stopping at the little raod side cafe for a hot fudge sunday, I am so ashamed... :P

John.[/quote]
J-dub

Post by J-dub »

fel bautista wrote:
One more comment- at least we're civil here in the pub. I was reading some of the cycling forums and so many rumors and so many people trying to stir the pot. Its acually pleasant here.

Go ride!
Correct Fel, we save all the in-civility for discussing Uilleann piping! :wink:
J-dub

Post by J-dub »

fel bautista wrote:

Go ride!
J-dub

Post by J-dub »

fel bautista wrote:

Go ride!
fel bautista

Post by fel bautista »

I got an idea- I have a friend of mine who is dopey enough to ride with me; maybe we can find 7 more dopey friends and go get a wild card slot-"C&F Racing- We blow harder than most"

Go ride