Pug recall

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
jsluder
antispam: No

Pug recall

Post by jsluder »

Dog Breeders Issue Massive Recall Of '07 Pugs
The Onion wrote:WASHINGTON, DC—Citing centuries of quality- control issues that have resulted in chronic unreliability, cascading system failures, and even total unit shutdown, the American Pug Breeders Association announced a recall Monday of all pugs produced between February 2006 and the present day.

"While pug owners are accustomed to dog malfunction, the latest animals are prone to more problems than just the usual joint failures, overheating, seizures, chronic respiratory defects, and inability to breed without assistance. The latest model pug is simply not in any way a viable dog."

:lol:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

:lol: :lol:

Ok - that's just sick enough to be funny!!!!

"nasal passage opens directly into brain"
We still wonder if Wyley HAS a brain! Maybe that's what happened to his - he sneezed it out before we got him!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

I nearly did myself an injury viewing the Slideshow of Recalled Pugs. That's some bad craziness, there.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

scottielvr wrote:I nearly did myself an injury viewing the Slideshow of Recalled Pugs. That's some bad craziness, there.
My favorite: "Some veterinary scientists and animal physiologists do not consider Osvaldo Pugliese a pug, but a large goiter." :lol:

Howdy scottie! Long time no see.
djm

Post by djm »

I had the misfortune to be introduced to a "jug" - a cross between a pug and a Jack Russell. Take all the hyperactive, destructive behaviour of a JR and combine it with the snuffling, choking retardedness of a pug, and you end up with an untrainable, psychotic bundle of destruction that can't even be house-trained. It is beyond me how women can cuddle such an abortion and call it "cute," as it systematically destroys their homes.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Denny

Post by Denny »

djm wrote:It is beyond me how women can cuddle such an abortion and call it "cute," as it systematically destroys their homes.

djm
:looks for truck keys, thinkin' any fool can drive through that hole!:
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

:lol: :lol:
One of the vets I use to work with always said pugs made great little pets after they(veterinarians) "re-worked" them.

Hey, they had me until I read this-
each time has been denied either a refund or an exchange for a more reliable make, such as a Shih Tzu.
:o :o more reliable??????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

(actually I could think of a lot of breeds with similar problems due to our canine selective breeding programs.....
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Figures its from The Onion...

I've known a lot of pugs, and often criticised the show breeders who knowingly preserve undesirable traits in striving for technical conformance to a standard based alost entirely on outward appearance.

Still, I thought it got pretty sick, disgusting even, with this paragraph

"This week, the APBA has begun to send out recall information and cardboard mailing boxes to registered pug owners, who are asked to place their '07 pug inside the box, seal it, and, if they wish, punch air holes in the top and sides. Owners must then put the box inside an airtight heavy-duty plastic bag, affix a postage-paid mailing label, and drop it off at any U.S. post office."
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues
Coffee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Coffee »

Every dog I've had was a pound puppy. Each one of them was a good friend, intelligent, loyal, and healthy. Mutts each of them, but loveable all the more for that. Pugs are a good example of what can go wrong with 'breeding.'
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Cofaidh wrote:Every dog I've had was a pound puppy. Each one of them was a good friend, intelligent, loyal, and healthy. Mutts each of them, but loveable all the more for that. Pugs are a good example of what can go wrong with 'breeding.'
Well, yeah, but as someone who bred and showed skye terriers for 25 years(during which I was responsible for 13 more skyes entering the world) and worked as a veterinary technician for too many years. I certainly don't buy into the mutts are better thing. We saw just as many mixed breeds with genetic problems. I always felt like with purebreds we could better predict what problems, along with positives, might arise. But, if anyone just wants a dog, any dog as long as it's canine and has a decent personality, I'm the first to say "adopt from the pound". (I've got four mixed breeds laying here asleep as I type this).
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

djm wrote:I had the misfortune to be introduced to a "jug" - a cross between a pug and a Jack Russell. Take all the hyperactive, destructive behaviour of a JR and combine it with the snuffling, choking retardedness of a pug, and you end up with an untrainable, psychotic bundle of destruction that can't even be house-trained. It is beyond me how women can cuddle such an abortion and call it "cute," as it systematically destroys their homes.

djm

Well, just look at the men they let into their lives. :wink:
Cotelette d'Agneau
djm

Post by djm »

Lambchop wrote:Well, just look at the men they let into their lives.
Noticeably, the jug women involved were all single. :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Terrific!

Just the other night, Charlene and I went to see Paula Poundstone and she got into a bit of a routine about all the new "cute" breeds of dogs that are currently. One of them was a "Pugamuffin" which was partly Pug, and had some blueberries in there... :D
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

djm wrote:
Lambchop wrote:Well, just look at the men they let into their lives.
Noticeably, the jug women involved were all single. :D

djm

But you were there . . . :P
Cotelette d'Agneau
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

brewerpaul wrote:Just the other night, Charlene and I went to see Paula Poundstone and she got into a bit of a routine about all the new "cute" breeds of dogs that are currently. One of them was a "Pugamuffin" which was partly Pug, and had some blueberries in there... :D
Mmm... blueberries.