IT'S RAINING! YIPPEE!!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
WyoBadger
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

IT'S RAINING! YIPPEE!!!

Post by WyoBadger »

Like a lot of you, we've been suffering from a drought of near-Biblical proportions the past decade or so. But it's been raining for two solid days, and it's supposed to continue tomorrow and perhaps into Saturday.

I went for a long, long walk at first light this morning, and I could feel the land around me heaving an enormous sigh of relief. Praise God.

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

we just got hit in west virginia with rain and thunder and lightning and of course our 100 pound dog was all over the place til she settled under my feet on the couch as long as i kept petting her. what a baby.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Cass

Post by Cass »

Do you a swap. You can have our rain, thunder and lightening for a bit, and we'll have some hot sunny stuff for a change. Glad it's raining for you, but in the UK, we are all SO sick of it. A lot of people have been seriously flooded, and are without electricity and (ironically), water. I've heard of rugby scrums in supermarkets for bottled water (one litre bottle left on a shelf was auctioned off to the highest bidder, as a near riot happened as people tried to get this last bottle. It went for GBP 28.)

The weather's gone mad. :o

Cass.
Cass.

Time flies like an arrow....
....Fruit flies like a banana
Key_of_D

Post by Key_of_D »

And who says rain dances don't work...
Henke

Post by Henke »

We've had a terrible summer here. It's been raining on and off basically the whole summer. Everyone's sick of it.
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

We've got the opposite problem; rain rain rain. I think we're 10 inches ahead of where we should be.
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
Maddes

Post by Maddes »

Summer's been weird here, too

Last week we had a maximum of 35 degrees celsius and a minimum of about 10.. and of course loads of sun and equal loads of rain..
flynnieous

Post by flynnieous »

Reminds me of <a href ="http://www.lyricsfreak.com/g/genesis/ma ... ml">[b]Mad Man Moon[/b]</a>, an older Genesis tune by Tony Banks:

Within the valley of shadowless death
They pray for thunderclouds and rain,
But to the multitude who stand in the rain
Heaven is where the sun shines.
The grass will be greener till the stems turn to brown
And thoughts will fly higher till the earth brings them down.
Forever caught in desert lands one has to learn
To disbelieve the sea.
Matt Flynn
Chicago, IL
sbhikes

Post by sbhikes »

Still on fire out here. Been burning since July 4. Send some of that UK rain our way please!
~Diane

My Credentials as a rank beginner on the flute
Cass

Post by Cass »

With pleasure!!!! :D

Cass.
Cass.

Time flies like an arrow....
....Fruit flies like a banana
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

We finally got some rain a couple of days last week and it has rained most everyday this week. It is wonderful- I can practically see the grass growing...
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

Talk about grass growing! I'm still hoping for enough dry hours to pass so I can cut mine. I hate cutting wet grass.
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

flynnieous wrote:Reminds me of <a href ="http://www.lyricsfreak.com/g/genesis/ma ... ml">[b]Mad Man Moon[/b]</a>, an older Genesis tune by Tony Banks:
Dammit, I was ready for bed, now I have to go listen to this. Any of you who don't know it, this is a truly remarkable song.

And, back to the original topic, we also got some much-needed rain today, although it was about an inch in an hour rather than over a day.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Had another good downpour today, though it does seem to be clearing up a bit. That's fine, since it's back to the mountains next week.

My sympathies to all you who are getting too much of the good thing. But out here, it's absolutely wonderful--the smell of wet grass instead of dust. Even the animals are acting happier, and I'm sure the ranchers are utterly thrilled!

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.