Can Anyone Else Smell The Deathly Hallows? :o

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

How will you read HP 7?

I won't
35%
I will buy the book eventually -- no big hurry
16%
I will buy the book at Friday midnight and read nonstop
19%
I will read over several days
26%
I will read it aloud with / to children
4%
I will skip ahead and read the last chapter first
No votes

Total votes: 57

izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

Innocent Bystander wrote:I love the dress, BTW. I've always been a sucker for those 12th Century fashions. And you can get a really big hanky up those sleeves.
Ooooo! I love them too! And I'd actually wear them, but for one, I don't think it would be all that flattering on me, and two, I'm sure I'd look really, really odd if I were to :P But I love the style, nonetheless.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

anniemcu wrote:I got the first one at Wally World tonight! Pre-ordering is a good thing... no-one in costume... and hey....
(intentional snip...)

ANNIE!!!! Don't tell!!! :boggle: I have yet to get the book!! AAACCCKKK!!!

::closing eyes very tightly and getting out of thread quickly so as not to find out ANYTHING!!::

;)
missy

Post by missy »

I got it I got it I got I!

See ya in a day or two!! :D
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

izzarina wrote:
anniemcu wrote:I got the first one at Wally World tonight! Pre-ordering is a good thing... no-one in costume... and hey....
(intentional snip...)

ANNIE!!!! Don't tell!!! :boggle: I have yet to get the book!! AAACCCKKK!!!

::closing eyes very tightly and getting out of thread quickly so as not to find out ANYTHING!!::

;)
My lips are sealed! ... except on non-essential little thingies like
... nah, I'm not saying...
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
ShadowBG625
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a member of the forum for several years. Just poking my head to catch up on all the latest happenings, as well as checking out the FS/WTB page.

Post by ShadowBG625 »

I just got back from shopping at Wal-Mart. There's a pallet full of HP7 books near the checkout lanes. What really got me was about 20 or so people around the pallet, each with a book in hand. And what were they doing - ALL reading the ending, and then moving on. Only like 3 people actually carted a book while I was there. It was hilarious. I felt like just running through the store, yelling the ending, "Hey guys! Harry Potter..." Uh...nah, can't say it. :wink:
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

anniemcu wrote:My lips are sealed! ... except on non-essential little thingies like
... nah, I'm not saying...
Ooooo...that one WAS essential! I can't believe you told!

As for me, I'm off to read what has been in my possession since this morning before it's commandeered by one of the Izzlets. :party:
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

Cass wrote:Caroluna, the pictures are great, and that mandrake is fantastic! Hope everyone had a good time last night. :party:

I sent Innocent Bystanders' broom back on it's way home. I wonder if it got there OK?? :lol:

Cass.
Your party looked wonderfully elegant -- wow what beautiful clothes.

We had lots of teens, about half of them wearing something simple, like a cape or a hat-- lots dressed in fatigues with T-shirts saying Dumbledore's Army. There were just a few people really dressed up, and they attracted a lot of attention. I don't think I've ever been with a group of people in a better collective mood, lots of excited chatting among total strangers. :D

There's a sort of natural theatre that happens among people in costume. Kevin the Dementor ran into a very authentic looking Sirius Black and tried to drag him off to Azkeban :lol: And Hermione Granger came over to me and began to tell me in a very bossy voice all about the properties of Mandrake. What a Hermione though. Along w/ her long bushy brown hair she also had a small beard and was about six feet tall. In a falsetto voice she explained that "she" and her best friend had argued about whether to come in costume or not, and the friend said "The only way I'm going is if you go as Hermione Granger!" :lol:

We were at Border's and the book distribution was very inefficient. We waited in line til 1 AM then gave up and went home, me with a very grumpy and hungry young Dementor. We stayed up a bit longer to have some celebratory chocolate icecream.

If you've wondered what happens when Dementors eat chocolate, it causes them to put on their pajamas and go to bed :lol:

All for now-- just read 3 chapters aloud before my voice gave out.
We'll soon get back to it after a rest. Reading aloud there's time to pause and waggle your eyebrows significantly. "Hmmmmm...I wonder if that's going to be important..."

We are having a blast! :D
Cheers!
Sam C

Post by Sam C »

I've read the last chapter, and Harry .........

wakes up and it was all a dream.
Craobh Chualann Under 18 Grupa Cheoil
Putting the "Chual" into Craobh Chualann
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Sam C wrote:I've read the last chapter, and Harry .........

:really:
Cotelette d'Agneau
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

My lovely wife Sarah received her copy this afternoon.

How I miss her. Is this how she feels during elk season?

Like some others here, I originally took a certain grim pride in never having read the books nor seen the movie. Finally I read the first one, just to see what all the fuss is about. Now, darnit, I'm going to have to read Deathly Hallows to find out how it ends. I HATE well-written fiction. :swear:

Just informed Sarah (she actually looked up for a moment!) that Harry...wakes up and it's all a bad dream. (thanks for the tipoff, Sam)

She said, "No, honey, I think that was 'Ocean's Twelve.'"

T
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

I get to read the new one before my daughter, as she just got back from camp and wants to re-read 5 & 6 to refresh her memory before reading 7.

I cheated and looked at the end already, so I know who lives and who dies. Now I just have to read the whole thing to find out how this happens.
Charlene
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

WyoBadger wrote:My lovely wife Sarah received her copy this afternoon.

How I miss her. Is this how she feels during elk season?
:lol: :lol:
Like some others here, I originally took a certain grim pride in never having read the books nor seen the movie. Finally I read the first one, just to see what all the fuss is about. Now, darnit, I'm going to have to read Deathly Hallows to find out how it ends. I HATE well-written fiction. :swear:
Yep! Once you start down that path....
Just informed Sarah (she actually looked up for a moment!) that Harry...wakes up and it's all a bad dream. (thanks for the tipoff, Sam)

She said, "No, honey, I think that was 'Ocean's Twelve.'"
T
You're lucky she didn't hurtle the heavy tome at your bubbling noggin!!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

Sam C wrote:I've read the last chapter, and Harry .........

Does he come out of the shower and surprise Victoria Principal?

What, am I showing my age?

We picked up the book this morning and I finished it an hour or so ago. I enjoyed it a great deal, a good ending to the series. I didn't care for "The Half-Blood Prince" very much and was worried that the series would end poorly, but she pulled it off.
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
djm

Post by djm »

I am now up to Chapter 24 and it just never lets up. Layer after layer is added on as layer after previous layer starts to become clear.

Who can sleep? :o

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

I have finished it.

I am stunned.

After Shan reads it, I will definitely read it again.

It was brilliant!

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard