This morning's breakfast

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

This morning's breakfast

Post by Wanderer »

mutepointe wrote:you never show pics of the cheeze whiz sandwiches on white bread that you have the other days.
At the request of Muteointe, who seems to be offended enough at my cooking posts to go out of his way to make fun of me, I bring to you a picture of this morning's breakfast. Shown is a Jack in the Box Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich, partially eaten, and a fried hashbrown--not shown is the side of orange juice or the ketchup I eventually put on the hash brown.

There ya go, bud. I hope that helps smooth over whatever I did that put such a burr in your saddle.
emmline

Post by emmline »

No,no...I think Mute is just jealous of the deliciosity. Maybe if you send him a homemade cheesecake he'll feel better.
Wanderer
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

emmline wrote:No,no...I think Mute is just jealous of the deliciosity. Maybe if you send him a homemade cheesecake he'll feel better.
If I make a make a homemade cheesecake, it's gonna be for my wife. She loves them :)
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

Now, these partially eaten Jack-in-the-Box sandwiches, do these cost more than an uneaten sandwich? I mean, is this a special feature of this Jack-in-the-Box enterprise, or is it common practise amongst all American purveyors of fine breakfast cuisine to offer their fare as either whole or partially eaten? :boggle:

Curious minds want to know.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

djm wrote:Now, these partially eaten Jack-in-the-Box sandwiches, do these cost more than an uneaten sandwich?
Prechewed for your convenience. Especially popular in Florida.
Wanderer
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

djm wrote:Now, these partially eaten Jack-in-the-Box sandwiches, do these cost more than an uneaten sandwich? I mean, is this a special feature of this Jack-in-the-Box enterprise, or is it common practise amongst all American purveyors of fine breakfast cuisine to offer their fare as either whole or partially eaten? :boggle:

Curious minds want to know.

djm
occasionally the food I make is so delicious, I'll have to have a bite before I take the picture. I just wanted mutepointe to get the "whole experience" as it were, and not feel ripped off.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Wanderer wrote:Shown is a Jack in the Box Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich, partially eaten...
"Ultimate Breakfast"? So, I mean, like, once you buy one, that's it? Done? Finito?

The unmitigated gall of the corporate arrogance.

It doesn't look that astounding.......
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Wanderer
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Nanohedron wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Shown is a Jack in the Box Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich, partially eaten...
"Ultimate Breakfast"? So, I mean, like, once you buy one, that's it? Done? Finito?

Doesn't look that astounding.......
Near as I can tell, Jack in the box calls all of their "two-patty" sandwiches "Ultimate"..the Ultimate Cheeseburger, for instance, has two patties.
They may be using "ultimate" in this sense: "not to be improved upon or surpassed".

But that makes me wonder what you would call a three-patty burger...
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Wanderer wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:

Doesn't look that astounding.......
Near as I can tell, Jack in the box calls all of their "two-patty" sandwiches "Ultimate"..the Ultimate Cheeseburger, for instance, has two patties.
They may be using "ultimate" in this sense: "not to be improved upon or surpassed".

But that makes me wonder what you would call a three-patty burger...
Maybe "The Apocalyptic Burger".
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

You want some grease with that grease?
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

I like cooking posts, keep them coming.

This weekend I made a pot of chicken and sausage gumbo. I was pretty darn happy with it but I'll do two things different next time. I used left over sausage from the freezer, while good, it wasn't as good as using Andouille. Also, I forgot to chop the okra and put them in whole, next time I'll chop them up.

I broke down and bought a nice enameled cast iron dutch oven two weeks ago. So far I've made chili and gumbo with it and this it's going to work out well!
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
synecdoche

Post by synecdoche »

djm wrote:Now, these partially eaten Jack-in-the-Box sandwiches, do these cost more than an uneaten sandwich?
Yes indeed! The Half-Eaten sandwich is quite a popular security measure in the fast food world. Who would steal a half-eaten sandwich? Then again, you end up paying extra to support the medical bill of the employee who has to eat all those halves...
"It's the Great God Bird through it all!"
-Sufjan Stevens
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

beowulf573 wrote:I like cooking posts, keep them coming.
Okey-dokey. When my neighbor moved he gave me his Brinkmanns smoker. So every couple of weeks, when I know I'll be home, I smoke several things so I'll have leftovers for all the trouble.

So I smoked some beef short ribs and a whole chicken. I also threw on four links of Italian sausage for appetizers. I use applewood from my winter pruning. I took the short ribs off the smoker after about five hours, cut the meat into strips, put em in a tray and smothered 'em in barbecue sauce and put in the oven under foil for the rest of the time because I felt the meat was getting too dry. Pork is better than beef for smoking I think but beef is a challenge and since my family raises cattle, I have an endless supply of the tougher cuts (steaks and prime rib get gobbled quickly as you can imagine).

For dinner we had the choice of the beef or chicken. The other Weekender also made potato salad with bacon bits. When you smoke meats, you really can't eat as much as if they were roasted because the flavor is so strong. So you have a lot of leftovers. The next day, I got some ciabatta rolls from Costco for the leftover beef and have been eatin' on that.

Then, last night, the other Weekender took the leftover smoked chicken, mostly breast meat, combined it with stewed tomatoes with jalapenos and jarred verde sauce and made enchiladas. Smoked chicken enchiladas. That's what I'm talkin about....
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

That's the only thing about smoking fowl: you have to forget about the skin. Oven-roast a chicken, turkey, goose, what have you, and you darn well better leave some of that crispy skin for me or else. Had some smoked turkey a while back, and the meat was splendid, but I tried the skin, and that was just rubbery-smoky-in-a-bad-way-shoeleather-awful. Sigh.
djm

Post by djm »

Nano wrote:you darn well better leave some of that crispy skin for me or else
You know it, man! Ve haff vays to mek you kip der kotten-pickin hands off der krispy skin.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.