happy happy me renamed Everything will come to an end

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Brigitte
antispam: No

happy happy me renamed Everything will come to an end

Post by Brigitte »

:D :D

today my cat Jacques had a small operation involving being under narcotics. the last couple of weeks I was knowing that he has to go through it, the date was not fixed though. was VERY much worried he might not survive the narcotics in his age but it had to be done, was standing with the back to the wall and only 2 choices. having him more than 19 and a half years as a companion now I am over the moon to tell that he made it fine :D
happy happy me

Brigitte
Last edited by Brigitte on Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wenn die Klügeren nachgeben,
regieren die Dummköpfe die Welt.
(Jean Claude Riber)
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

König aller Katzen.

Congrats! :)
/Bloomfield
Anstapa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Anstapa »

I'm so happy for you Bridgette and for Jacques! Since I'm getting on in age what operation was that he had and what were the narcotics..do they work for humans?

Anstapa
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I'm glad Jaques made it, Brigitte. He's pretty old in cat years, isn't he?
Brigitte

additional advice for cat and dog owners

Post by Brigitte »

he has had tooth problems and was quite weak because of the infection caused and not eating as much as he probably could. he still had all his teeth but that old the were not in good shape anymore for a while. They need to be sleeping for this kind of job but in that age you try and avoid narcotics as the heart may not cope, in human years he is over 90. They pulled out three teeth that must have been hurting him a lot but he did not moan.

tough little guy he is and yes he is my Koenig aller Katzen :D

If a pet gets as old as him, it is best to have prophylaxe done earlier when the narcotics are less risky so that there is no need for tooth work later.

Brigitte
(Jean Claude Riber)
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

So glad for Jaques and you!

I know well the attachment to an old feline... we have one now who is over 18, and that's quite old for an outdoor farm cat. He's getting stiff and is deaf as a doorpost, but he can still take off like a rocket, especially if you surprize him! :o He's still fast and agile enough to catch and eat a rabbit by his lonesome, but he's leaving that more and more to the understudies now, and he really appreciates it when I leave the gate open for him so he doesn't have to muster the jump over. :) Harold (the Pooh) is quite the patriarch. He's always been the absolute sweetest of cats, too. Never been cross with anybody, though if attacked, he would trounce the challenger quite handily, and then just go on about his business, not holding a grudge. I dread the day he no longer comes to the porch, but he's there today, shedding like a champ and enjoying the daylights out of a shoulder rub. :)
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

I'm glad to hear it all went well, Brigitte.
We can't help but worry about our furry friends.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

My family and our 9 cats salute you, Colin, and your 19 year-old... We are happy for y'all...

Best.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Oh, I can just imagine the horrible feeling of worry you were having and I'm so glad Jacques has come through without problems. Please give his neck a little scratching from me and my kitties :) .
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Jack

Post by Jack »

Good for you. I'm happy the kitty is OK.
tansy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by tansy »

Best to you and Joques. My Tansy Lee is 13, and I treasure every day spent in her company!
All the best, Larry
shy the blond water
rhulsey

Post by rhulsey »

Great news that your pet survived the surgery OK. I went though much of the same about 3 weeks ago when my Jack Russell, Kojak (whose nose is to the left <<<<), had to have bladder stones removed. He's 11 1/2, and though healthy, I was very concerned. Everything was fine, though, and he's all healed up. Still wearing the "lampshade" on his head for a few more days, though!

Reg
"Those who can make you believe absurdities
can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Great news. I'll bet he's already feeling the benefits of getting those nasty teeth, and their bacteria out of there.

Rhulsey,if your JRT is anything like my skyes, he really hates that "lampshade".
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Cass

Post by Cass »

Really glad your cat is on the road to recovery.
My old puss-pensioner is over 17 and is a bit stiff in the legs, and has few teeth left now...she knocked 3 out when she was just one year old...running round the house like a looney, and jumped for the windowsill....and missed!!! Our other cat sadly died 4 years ago, and last January, we got a beautiful ginger female kitten. Our old puss has now found a new lease of life...even if the little'un does keep jumping on her head!! She's still the boss!
My parents now have a young male long-haired ginger cat (he's far too pretty to be a boy), so when the time is right....we're going to have kittens, (hopefully all ginger and long haired, if we're really lucky)!! Thing is, I'll want to keep them all. We're keeping one, as the rest are all spoken for (already)! It will be sooooo hard to choose!

Can't wait!

xxx and a cuddle to Jacques! Really pleased for you.

Cass.
Brigitte

Post by Brigitte »

wow, thanks a lot for all the great stories on the oldies or not so oldies in your families. Bill 9! cats, that is something else.

I developed a cat allergy in 95 when I had a 2nd cat with Jacques, she was not keen on us three as a "family" and did some nasty things but especially her protest peeing caused my allergy in the end. I get itchy eyes, running nose and caughing (?) and whistling sounds in my lungs in the mornings when I am with any other cat ie. at friend's houses. Weird enough I do not have these sympthoms with Jacques or very rarely if I am fighting a cold, probably having him so long I got "immune". Because of my allergy we did not take on a second cat in the last few years and there might not be any other new kitten enter our home when he dies, we will have to see if we can cope without.

wish you all many happy hours with your furry friends
Brigitte
(Jean Claude Riber)