Cool short film, very odd but touching

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Coffee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Coffee »

peeplj wrote:To try to do a brief summary of my previous post, I do think you have to ask yourself who the real villain is:

1. is it the dupe who trashes their life out trying to meet an impossible dream?

2. is the media itself to blame; i.e. are movies and TV somehow inherently bad? or

3. should we blame those who are producing the images and creating the myth of that impossible dream, and thereby comfortably lining their own pockets?

As is true in almost every aspect of modern life, to fully understand what you are seeing, you need only find the money and then follow it and observe where it goes.

--James
There is a fourth option: that neither the dupe nor the predator is solely to blame, but that each share the blame to a greater or lesser degree. Truth is, after all, a three edged sword.
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
Will O'B
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

I am a creation of my culture, moreso than I as an individual create my culture. In allowing others to falsely identify who I am as an individual, and in striving to mirror that false identity, I destroy my uniqueness.
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I decided not to watch it yet because it might bring me out of my "school-girl" giddiness engendered by the suction-cup thread.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Jack

Post by Jack »

Flyingcursor wrote:I decided not to watch it yet because it might bring me out of my "school-girl" giddiness engendered by the suction-cup thread.
You make a hot school girl. What's your number?
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

djm wrote:
anniemcu wrote:all the more likely that impressionable ones will fall prey to it
"There's one born every minute," as they used to say. At what point do we absolve the individual for being a vain, selfish, irresponsible idiot in the first place? While we may very well look askance at those who purvey to the weak, there's really no excuse for being weak in the first place. I am presently working this angle with St. Peter and will let you know how it works out.

djm
I trust you have a good warm weather wardrobe. :wink:
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Cranberry wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote:I decided not to watch it yet because it might bring me out of my "school-girl" giddiness engendered by the suction-cup thread.
If I'm make a hot school girl I would be interested in seeing what your elementary school girls looked like :lol:
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
pipersgrip

Post by pipersgrip »

i saw it as the average day teen tries to portray themselves as someone they see on the Television, and sooner or later they will wreck themselves trying too hard to be someone on TV. i think it is about you should be yourself, not some fake person on TV.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
Jack

Post by Jack »

Flyingcursor wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
If I'm make a hot school girl I would be interested in seeing what your elementary school girls looked like :lol:
Well, the Fubgub triplets and I were best of friends. We would play on the playground together all the time.

Here is Helda:

Her sisters Melda and Gelda looked exactly the same, except that Melda was missing an eyeball and Gelda had fangs instead of teeth.

I miss them. Their mother killed them for reasons unknown when we were in fourth grade.