Hey Tyler, What is This?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Doug_Tipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Hey Tyler, What is This?

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I saw this tricycle on the streets in Paris. I've never seen anything like it before. Do you think that this 3-wheel configuration is very stable?
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Yep, it's all about stability. Allegedly.

Look at me!
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

If it works the way I think it does, it should actually be more stable than a regular scooter (the ride hight of each front wheel adjusts according to the lean of the trike).
Not too unlike this "motorcycle."

To be totally honest, I've been wondering when this type of thing would be hitting the market.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Sylvester
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Sylvester »

Agreed, very stable, in fact, more than the vast majority of the scooters out there. I'm a happy owner of a Vespa 200 (not a classic yet, but getting near thanks to her 19 years of daily loyal and reliable service.) I tried the double front wheel model and got surprised about the curves behaviour.

Freakin' expensive though for a scooter. If you like being watched, just go for it
Reel
Asturian Air

Audare est Facere
Steamwalker

Post by Steamwalker »

Tyler Morris wrote:If it works the way I think it does, it should actually be more stable than a regular scooter (the ride hight of each front wheel adjusts according to the lean of the trike).

To be totally honest, I've been wondering when this type of thing would be hitting the market.
Kind of reminds me of the batmobile in Batman Begins. That vehicle hand individually controlled front wheels without aid of a single axle.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Steamwalker wrote:
Kind of reminds me of the batmobile in Batman Begins. That vehicle hand individually controlled front wheels without aid of a single axle.
Now that you mention it...

the tumbler was actually built as a real working stunt automobile for that film.

Impressive as hell, IMHO. If I had the disposable income required, I'd have one commissioned for myself.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
chrisoff

Post by chrisoff »

talking of Batman and motorcycles (and this was the first thing I thought of when I saw that silver thing above), from The Dark Knight:
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/19/the- ... -revealed/
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

Tyler Morris wrote:If it works the way I think it does, it should actually be more stable than a regular scooter (the ride hight of each front wheel adjusts according to the lean of the trike).

It's either my age or my overall geekiness, or maybe both, but it reminds me of the lightcycles in Tron.
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Cofaidh wrote:

It's either my age or my overall geekiness, or maybe both, but it reminds me of the lightcycles in Tron.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
now that you mention it...