Internet angels

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jlunt
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jlunt »

TyroneShoelaces wrote:
jlunt wrote:Eskin, I just sent you ten bucks. I've learned a lot from your site and that is worth plenty, but it's also because you've put up with way more than ten dollars in aggravation on this thread.
i have to admit it sounds tempting to jump on the band wagon. but what do we get for the dough besides a website? does he at least throw in a set of ginsu steak knives? or a ronco chop-a-matic?
Wow, thanks, Mr. Shoelaces. That's the first I've been quoted, being new and all. Now how does this work, do I get a flat fee or is it on a "per quote" basis? I think the going rate is ten bucks (which is only 5 pounds - what a deal), but I can't offer any steak knives or anything, so...
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

TyroneShoelaces wrote:
jlunt wrote:Eskin, I just sent you ten bucks. I've learned a lot from your site and that is worth plenty, but it's also because you've put up with way more than ten dollars in aggravation on this thread.
i have to admit it sounds tempting to jump on the band wagon. but what do we get for the dough besides a website? does he at least throw in a set of ginsu steak knives? or a ronco chop-a-matic?
Is there a whistle support website that you particularly enjoy, recommend or otherwise want to say 'Thank You' to? If so, please offer more here. If you are just looking to start the crap all over again, please take it to the more appropriate thread in the Pub, as mentioned several posts ago.

This is not the "Toast or Roast" thread, or at least it was not started to be, and it has become that with one guy as the focus. If you really want to focus on Mike, please go to that thread as well and do your poking there.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Right on, Annie!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

Isnt Tyrone someone you'd usually call a "troll" ? I haven't seen many, but this one seems to be a perfect example.
TyroneShoelaces

Post by TyroneShoelaces »

Azalin wrote:Isnt Tyrone someone you'd usually call a "troll" ? I
haven't seen many, but this one seems to be a perfect example.
i'm a "perfect example" of a troll? isn't a troll someone who tries to stir
things up and start flame wars -- much like what this thread turned into
numerous pages before my first post? this was a thread, as
i was reminded by sarah, about thanking people for helping the itm
community. if you want to find your troll, maybe you should look back at
some of the comments many pages ago that drug this thread into the
mud. now, who could have possibly contributed to the bickering and
backbiting that started many pages before my first post??? oh, yeah.
there was this:
Azalin wrote:I don't know how many times I've read about Eskin
saying he was teaching what and where, who he was playing with and
where, for dances he was playing at, etc. How much money he is making,
and what he does in life. That's just the type of stuff you simply don't put
on the net, unless for specific purpose of course.

Of course, many will disagree with that, but maybe it can help some
people understand why a few of us would think that way. But maybe
we're just a bunch of trolls, speaking evil stuff in an "Angel" thread? May
the Lord forgive me...
who knows? maybe you are right -- maybe we are both trolls. the point
of my comments was to show the hypocricy on both sides of this
silly, idiotic, mundane argument that has been raging for the past couple
of days. i probably went about it in the wrong way -- so what else is
news?

so, in the spirit of this thread, i offer the following sites to whom i would
like to express my deepest and sincerest gratitude for the help and
guidance they have provided me and countless others:

http://trillian.mit.edu/~jc/cgi/abc/tunefind
http://www.micksvirtualwhistle.net/whistle/index.html
http://www.thewhistleshop.com/slow/session.htm
http://www.geocities.com/whistleandsqueak/hymns.html

there is also wandering whistler's site, but the url doesn't seem to cooperate right now.
ever been mugged by a quaker?
TyroneShoelaces

jlunt wrote:
TyroneShoelaces wrote:
Wow, thanks, Mr. Shoelaces. That's the first I've been quoted, being new and all. Now how does this work, do I get a flat fee or is it on a "per quote" basis? I think the going rate is ten bucks (which is only 5 pounds - what a deal), but I can't offer any steak knives or anything, so...
hi, j. i'm honored to be your "first." i was putting my four party post-dated check for ten bucks into an envelope to send out to you when i noticed that you also quoted me. sorry, my friend, but that sort of cancels the deal.

i know you said you have no steak knives, but if you happen to have a ronco bass-a-matic blender that you send out as a free gift with the purchase of each quote, i just might overlook the fact that you also quoted me. in which case i would slap a stamp on this envelope faster than you can say, "four party post-dated check" and drop the payment into the nearest mailbox...
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

TyroneShoelaces wrote: there is also wandering whistler's site, but the url doesn't seem to cooperate right now.
http://www.tinwhistler.com/

Works for me..what's it not doing for you? :(
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
TyroneShoelaces

Wanderer wrote:
TyroneShoelaces wrote: there is also wandering whistler's site, but the url doesn't seem to cooperate right now.
http://www.tinwhistler.com/

Works for me..what's it not doing for you? :(
well, what it is not doing for me is...working. i get a message that says i'm not authorized to view the page, and an internet explorer error number. i use the site from time to time; the last time being a week or so ago. this is the first time this has happened. i'll try again later. thanks for responding.
TyroneShoelaces

your link works jut fine. the link that i've saved under "favorites" gives me the error message. i noticed that my link is the same as yours, except mine has "/music" at the end. not sure why, though.

guess i'll edit the link in my favorites.
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Yeah, years ago that was the original schema's linklink..I moved everything into the root directory (tinwhistler.com/) a couple years ago and put a redirect so that anyone going to tinwhistler.com/music would be directed to just tinwhistler.com/.

Then I recently totally revamped my site a few days ago and I must have lost the redirect to make the site somewhat backwards compatible to people who may have old links.

Should be fixed now. Thanks for catching it for me :)
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
eskin

Post by eskin »

Tyrone,

What you get for your $5.00 donation is an email from me that generally goes something like:

Dear Tyrone,

Thank you very much for your donation to TradLessons.com!

Is there a tune you'd like to request for the site?

Please let me know and I'll do my best to post it.

Cheers,

Michael

And then, I do my best to post the requested tune on the requested instrument.

So, basically, I'm a whistle/pipes/flute tune whore. :-)

Oh, and if you donate in the next 30 minutes, I'll include the limited edition set of Paddy Maloney signature sushi mats and matching chopsticks.
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

eskin wrote:
Oh, and if you donate in the next 30 minutes, I'll include the limited edition set of Paddy Maloney signature sushi mats and matching chopsticks.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Cool, Eskin. :) Keep up the good work.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
jlunt

Post by jlunt »

TyroneShoelaces wrote:
jlunt wrote:
TyroneShoelaces wrote: i have to admit it sounds tempting to jump on the band wagon. but what do we get for the dough besides a website? does he at least throw in a set of ginsu steak knives? or a ronco chop-a-matic?
hi, j. i'm honored to be your "first." i was putting my four party post-dated check for ten bucks into an envelope to send out to you when i noticed that you also quoted me. sorry, my friend, but that sort of cancels the deal.

i know you said you have no steak knives, but if you happen to have a ronco bass-a-matic blender that you send out as a free gift with the purchase of each quote, i just might overlook the fact that you also quoted me. in which case i would slap a stamp on this envelope faster than you can say, "four party post-dated check" and drop the payment into the nearest mailbox...
You're right, you got me on a technicality. And since I'm now quoting you quoting me quoting you, I'm far too confused to know where we stand money-wise, so I'll just get that ronco bass-a-matic in the mail as soon as I've searched my attic for it. I think I put it next to my Ron Popeil Veg-o-matic.
TyroneShoelaces

let the record reflect that i agree with mccoy.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Thanks for the laughs, guys! :lol: And for the civility... :wink:
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert