my ex girlfriend moves next door

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
pipersgrip
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

my ex girlfriend moves next door

Post by pipersgrip »

i had new neighbors moving in next door, and i went to ask if i could help them. it turned out to be my first serious girlfriend, and now she is married and has a kid :boggle: it was kind of awkward at first, be we are still good friends after all that time. the husband and i get along pretty well, he seems to be cool with that fact.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
Key_of_D
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Key_of_D »

:thumbsup: Interesting topic. I think Myspace.com is a good blog website... :wink:
pipersgrip

Post by pipersgrip »

is that what a blog is? i never knew what those were.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
Key_of_D

Post by Key_of_D »

Basically.

A blog is pretty much an online journal for everyone (or those who you want to see) to see and read about. Some blogs, (such as myspace) let your friends or whoever comment on them. A blog is basically talking about your daily experiences, things that happened to you or somewhere, or something that happened etc. etc. etc...

I think for the most part they're a bit Dear Abby-ish, but that's just me, and therefore whatever tickles your fancy is fine with me as well. :)
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

So, yeah, I made this sandwich last night before going to bed; I made it out of tuna fish, bread crumbs, Miracle Whip, cheese and some stale bread I happened to have in the fridge.

My cat ate part of it when I went to take a wee.

I put him outside for that.

kaythnksbai

(BTW, myspace is blogging with training wheels...go for typepad or blogger.com)
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
djm

Post by djm »

A web log (blog) is a personal diary, only you post it electronically for all the world to see. Its mostly pretty dreary stuff.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
fyffer

Re: my ex girlfriend moves next door

Post by fyffer »

The Whistle Collector wrote:i had new neighbors moving in next door, and i went to ask if i could help them. it turned out to be my first serious girlfriend, and now she is married and has a kid :boggle: it was kind of awkward at first, be we are still good friends after all that time. the husband and i get along pretty well, he seems to be cool with that fact.
Last night I bumped into my high school sweetheart (again) at a pub where I was having dinner and drinks with a friend. She is two years my younger, and has been married and divorced, while I am currently and happily married. Still, I can't help but have a pang for her, recalling our innocent days 20+ years ago.

We actually had a very nice conversation, and may end up collaborating on a project in the future (she is an elementary music school teacher, and may have me and my guys do something fife-and-drum-ey in the fall). We parted on not-so-nice terms 20 years ago -- I left for college, and never kept in touch with her, and quite heartily sowed my wild oats. I always felt a pang of guilt for doing that to her, and said so last night, which she simply shrugged off. Felt kinda good to get that off my chest though.

But yeah -- kinda weird trying to have an adult "friend" relationship with an old flame.
___\|/______________________________
|___O____|_O_O_o_|_o_O__O__|_O__O__|
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Say no more!
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
missy

Post by missy »

I've always kept in contact with my first "love". His parents and mine were friends (we grew up about a mile from each other), so that was a part of it. He came to my first wedding, but I didn't go to his cuz the twerp got married in Hawaii!!! Our families get together when he's in town.

In fact, I get along with him much better than I do my ex husband!!!! :D
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Jack

Post by Jack »

I have no idea where my first boyfriend is, what he's doing, or if he's even alive. I'm kind of glad of that, too. I'd rather not know.

If he moved in beside me, I don't know what I'd do.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

i promise to walk the straight and narrow to ensure that this never happens to me. yikes. let us know how it goes.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

The Whistle Collector wrote:i had new neighbors moving in next door, and i went to ask if i could help them. it turned out to be my first serious girlfriend, and now she is married and has a kid :boggle: it was kind of awkward at first,.........
What, you have to go all the way next door to bump into an ex-flame?

Some of us don't even have to go that far. :lol:

Loren
Last edited by Loren on Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
talasiga

Re: my ex girlfriend moves next door

Post by talasiga »

The Whistle Collector wrote:i had new neighbors moving in next door, and i went to ask if i could help them. it turned out to be my first serious girlfriend, and now she is married and has a kid :boggle: it was kind of awkward at first, be we are still good friends after all that time. the husband and i get along pretty well, he seems to be cool with that fact.
Till about a 100 years ago most of the world's population travelled little and remained in the community they grew up in (usually a village).
Had you been living then it would not be unusual for to find yourself in such a situation. Most of the traditional song repertoires arose in those days.

Think about it .......

(This is not a blog)
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Oh, I'd just LOVE to bump into my first serious boyfriend :evil: :evil: :evil:

I would flaunt my lovely, married-26-years-and-happier-than-ever self in front of his haggard, lonely a** and ask him: "So, did you end up finding any nice opals in Mexico?????????????????????????"

M
djm

Post by djm »

I guess all this stuff isn't the same thing as <A HREF="http://youtube.com/watch?v=7UU6j4WaHIU& ... earch=">my best friend's girlfriend</A>? :boggle: (but she used to be mine)

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.