Check this out!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
demon_piper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Check this out!

Post by demon_piper »

So, last night I went in to work ( I have a normal military job, but evenings I go to Regimental Pipe and Drum practice) and I was issued a brand new Seery polymer flute. ISSUED!

I just thought that was pretty cool, unlimited access to a free, great flute!

Also meaning, that my Hall and Sons is essentially back on the market (I've ordered an Olwell)

and oddly enough I am allergic to Mopane! So my Mopane Dekeyzer has to go! Additionally the crack, which another person found, and I never could has now finally been found after drying the thing out until it could have been a dinosaur bone! It's a tiny hairline down the barrel, so into the shop it goes.

So make me an offer on either flute if interested, and how cool is that!

A Canadian Army pipe band issued an Irish flute!
Jayhawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

That's too cool...and a logical choice for military travel. Congrat's on the freebie, and good luck on both sales.

Eric
demon_piper

seery

Post by demon_piper »

It is a great deal! And Seery flutes suit the military well, nearly indestructible, great tone and lots of volume.

Thanks for the luck!
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

Oh, man!!! Where do I join up?

OK, I'm kidding...but it is pretty neat, Mark, especially from the military... Congrats!
~~~~
Barry
Coffee

Post by Coffee »

Strange. I work in an NCC (network control center) but I never got issued a PC.

Anyways, congratulations!
"Yes... yes. This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... This Land."
cavefish
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

Post by cavefish »

Ah yes those cannuks, you gotta love.em----------i wish USA would keep morale up like that-----------instead of busting nuts in the sand
Bridges-PdP
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Bridges-PdP »

If Canada's military is anything like the US, that flute probably cost as much as your Olwell will...maybe more. :boggle:

Nice and durable though!

Scott
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

What branch do you serve in? Where are you stationed?

I've met a few Canadian service pipers. How much equipment is issued? Pipes etc? I knew a cadet who obsconded with his issued Gillanders & McLeods but they finally caught up with him.

So is the Seery for some kind of performance?
demon_piper

Regiment

Post by demon_piper »

I belong to the Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa, a Highland Reserve Regiment within the 33rd Canadian Army Brigade Group. The Regiment is housed in Cartier Square Drill Hall in downtown Ottawa.

We are issued pipes, bags, reeds, cases, combat uniforms and equipment, dress uniforms from kilt and CF regulation shirts and jackets up to full dress green tunics and white shells. The seery was issued because I play the irish flute in some of our mixed instrument performances (guitar, bass, bouzuki and drum set players exist as secondary specialties aside from piping and drumming) so a seery which could take a beating and sound good made sense. Essentially all of our instruments and equipment are issued, some people use their own pipes/ personal drone reeds and make some modifications to their tactical kit.

Oh I forgot, chanters are also issued!
cavefish
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

Re: Regiment

Post by cavefish »

full time army brigade and a reservist in the regiment--how often does that commitment take