HOW DOES THIS SLIME GET AWAY WITH IT???

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
TyroneShoelaces

HOW DOES THIS SLIME GET AWAY WITH IT???

Post by TyroneShoelaces »

last week i was surfing youtube and came across a little girl, 10 years old or so, playing the southwind on a low whistle. she does a marvelous job. then i scrolled down the page and read the comment that some &%^#@ left for her. if it was my daughter, this slime would be in a world of hurt. :moreevil: :moreevil: :moreevil: i've never felt a need to use this emoticon until now. :moreevil:

here's the video. please also read the comment. i'll post more later.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YDai21JW4wY
ever been mugged by a quaker?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

What a sick, puerile example of trash.

I suppose to register a complaint you'd have to be signed up and logged in. I tried signing up as a member of YouTube some time back, but no matter what usernames I came up with - and I tried plenty - they were all listed as "taken" no matter how I varied them. Needless to say I lost interest. Maybe someone else could address this.
Last edited by Nanohedron on Mon May 21, 2007 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
TyroneShoelaces

Post by TyroneShoelaces »

continued from my comments above:

last wednesday i sent a comment to youtube complaining about the user bigburpboy. i immediately got a canned response from youtube saying that they would "look into it" right away. as you can see, bigburpboy's comments are still there and i don't know how to get ahold of a live person at youtube so they can explain to me why this sort of garbage is tolerated on their website. i can only presume that they don't consider it to be any sort of major ofense. under "terms and conditions' of their site, youtube says that it is committed to everyones freedom of speech. surely they don't view this abuse as "freedom of speech," but who knows?

if these comments were made to a child in a chatroom or even to an adult in the workplace, bigburpboy would be facing some legal problems. in my opinion, he still should. :moreevil:

am i being too sensitive about this??? what would you do???
ever been mugged by a quaker?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

TyroneShoelaces wrote:if these comments were made to a child in a chatroom or even to an adult in the workplace, bigburpboy would be facing some legal problems. in my opinion, he still should. :moreevil:
Can you imagine someone saying it to a child in public?? That's essentially not so different from what happened there.
TyroneShoelaces wrote:am i being too sensitive about this???
Not so far as I'm concerned.
TyroneShoelaces wrote:what would you do???
At this point, I don't know.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Unfortunately, the world is full of purile, sophomoric attitudes and actions. The relative annonymity of the internet gives many of them a false sense of immunity from the consequences of their actions. They can tend to find out otherwise though, and I enjoy the stories told by a friend who is very high up on the monitor ladder of some very popular spots. The resulting awakening of conscience is much more entertaining than the stupid fool tricks they pull thinking they're being 'cute'. Parents can tend to be a bit surprised when confronted with the actual transcripts of their little 'dear's activities. :twisted: Heads do roll. :)

I posted a comment, though it is not showing yet. I imagine that the folks may not be accepting any more comments since that little bag of flaming doodoo landed on the doorstep. :o
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

There are trolls everywhere. Unfortunately it's a fact of internet life...
On the brighter side of things, on that same page I found this wonderful Kwela link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DQg5LLT3ANs& ... ed&search=
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

TyroneShoelaces wrote:continued from my comments above:

last wednesday i sent a comment to youtube complaining about the user bigburpboy. i immediately got a canned response from youtube saying that they would "look into it" right away. as you can see, bigburpboy's comments are still there and i don't know how to get ahold of a live person at youtube so they can explain to me why this sort of garbage is tolerated on their website. i can only presume that they don't consider it to be any sort of major ofense. under "terms and conditions' of their site, youtube says that it is committed to everyones freedom of speech. surely they don't view this abuse as "freedom of speech," but who knows?

if these comments were made to a child in a chatroom or even to an adult in the workplace, bigburpboy would be facing some legal problems. in my opinion, he still should. :moreevil:

am i being too sensitive about this??? what would you do???
You know what I would do?

This comment, clearly sexual in nature, was directed at someone who is obviously a minor. I think the FBI ought to know about it.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

I marked the reply as Spam, maybe that'll get someone's attention...
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

There you go.

I do like the FBI suggestion, too.
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Redwolf

Had a look at her profile and she is 29 and living in China, not much the FBI can do about it.

As for the commentor, a kick in the appropriate place would be in order (maybe we can get Tyler to volunteer :lol: :lol: ).

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Looks like the comment's deleted, now.

I have to say she looked underage at the very first, and then mid-teens, and then 29 was believable.
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Nanohedron wrote: I tried signing up as a member of YouTube some time back, but no matter what usernames I came up with - and I tried plenty - they were all listed as "taken" no matter how I varied them.

Hmmm, you mean there are other Nanohedrons out there!?!

I had no problem with my handle... and I expected to.

I posted a nice comment for her.
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
MarcusR
Location: I stay in a place called 'Rooms'... There's a whole chain of them.

Re: HOW DOES THIS SLIME GET AWAY WITH IT???

Post by MarcusR »

TyroneShoelaces wrote:last week i was surfing youtube and came across a little girl, 10 years old or so, playing the southwind on a low whistle...
Rude comments are now gone :)
But I actually think she is a bit older, ten is rather young to be a mom.

Here is another video of her "trying" to play that I really love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQXbq6JqJmU

I know the feeling, the only difference is that I have three of them small trolls that I have to fight off :wink:

/MarcusR
There is no such thing as tailwind -- it's either against you or you're simply having great legs!
djm

Post by djm »

I missed all the excitement, but I have to say that brewerpaul's S. African link is a true joy to listen to.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Aanvil wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: I tried signing up as a member of YouTube some time back, but no matter what usernames I came up with - and I tried plenty - they were all listed as "taken" no matter how I varied them.

Hmmm, you mean there are other Nanohedrons out there!?!
Maybe I should have tried that one instead.