Birdbrains' Aviary-- 11 photos

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

Caroluna wrote:
djm wrote:Finch orgy! :party: :party: :party:
That's not an orgy! :lol: They're just there for the craic.
You can't lie to the smart people of Chiff and Fipple. We can see clearly that none of them are wearing any clothes! :boggle:
Caroluna
antispam: No

Post by Caroluna »

Cranberry wrote:Finch orgies are hot!
They are sexy little things :lol: You can really tell when they are feeling happy and healthy because they sing and dance constantly. Some of their courtship rituals are hilarious.
I love your pictures! Societies and Zebras are my favorite finches! And I love budgies too! I wish I could be at your house! Great job! :)
Thank you! :) :) :)

I've wanted a bird / plant room like this ever since I was a kid. This is the first time we've had the space and the resources to do it. It really is a good feeling to look around and see all that vibrant life.... :bliss:
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

Cranberry wrote: You can't lie to the smart people of Chiff and Fipple. We can see clearly that none of them are wearing any clothes! :boggle:
They're wearing teeny, tiny little down jackets. And feather boas. :lol:
djm

Post by djm »

Caroluna wrote:They're just there for the craic.
You might want to reword that. Its what everyone says about going to orgies. :wink:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Finch Orgies would be a good name for a band.
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

!!!!!!! :lol: !!!!!!!
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

My budgies asked when they can come visit . . . very nice! I'd like to live there myself!
Cotelette d'Agneau
djm

Post by djm »

That's the trouble with aviaries. There's always someone dropping in.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

Lambchop wrote:My budgies asked when they can come visit . . . very nice! I'd like to live there myself!
Hi Lamby! Our budgies send greetings to your budgies!

I remember you talking a while ago about an awful haircut and how you are hoping it will grow back quickly. We have found that if you let the little birdies poop on your head it acts as fertilizer and it makes your hair grow really fast :P

And if you get an extra big dose, it actually enhances your brain and gives you a fertile imagination! :lol:
Jack

Post by Jack »

One thing I have always lamented about the animal kingdom is that God did not make red budgies. Red budgies would be so cool. It seems all kinds of parrots are red (even cockatiels, there are pink ones), but not budgies. It makes me sad.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Cranberry wrote:One thing I have always lamented about the animal kingdom is that God did not make red budgies. Red budgies would be so cool. It seems all kinds of parrots are red (even cockatiels, there are pink ones), but not budgies. It makes me sad.
The basic color for wild budgies is green with a smattering of yellow, and from this we have selectively bred all the budgie color variations. There is no gene for red. God may have made a red budgie originally, but if he did, he wasn't thinking very far ahead, because he also made hawks and gave them pretty good color vision. The red budgies would have stood out and probably got eaten, while the green ones would have lurked unseen in the foliage. I imagine hawks were popping those little red suckers off like Pez.

That's the problem with deities -- They just aren't very good at foreseeing the consequences of their actions. If they were, they never would have created Anopheles mosquitoes, Musca domestica, or College Republicans.
Last edited by gonzo914 on Mon May 21, 2007 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Caroluna wrote:They're wearing teeny, tiny little down jackets. And feather boas. :lol:
OOooooo....feather boas are way cool. Right up there with bubble wrap on my list of favorite things :party:

::skipping off to see if there's anymore of the pink bubble wrap in the broom closet::
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

gonzo914 wrote: That's the problem with deities -- They just aren't very good at foreseeing the consequences of their actions. If they were, they never would have created Anopheles mosquitoes, Musca domestica, or College Republicans.
Dude! Don't get my thread locked!! :o
:lol:

One of our cockatiels is named Gonzo. He's named that because when we got him he kept whistling something that sounded a lot like the theme song of the Muppets show. But I can see now that he was very well named, for he truly is Pope of the aviary ;)
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Caroluna wrote:Dude! Don't get my thread locked!! :o
:lol:
Good grief, why not? I've been trying for weeks now to get Nano or Joseph to lock one of mine. To no avail of course, but I have been trying ;)

See? I told you I'm a rabble rouser :twisted:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

izzarina wrote:
See? I told you I'm a rabble rouser :twisted:
A rabble rouser in a flouncy straw hat and a feather boa!
Izz you are a true model of empowered femininity! :impressed: