She's BAAAAAACK!

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
TnWhistler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

She's BAAAAAACK!

Post by TnWhistler »

I love it when the Uilleann Lady shows up, peddling her wares. How does she add regs and play them on her shoulder?

Timmy
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Who gives a rat's ass? Honestly, this is getting way old, so much so that it has entirely lost its humor value. How many times can one tell the same joke before it becomes a pathetic chant?

Move along, move along, nothing to see here....
Beau Comiseau

Post by Beau Comiseau »

Is there any way you can get a photo of her sitting on your lap? I think that would be, uh, how you say, Le Grand Fromage. If you could do so and relieve her of some of her clothing, then all that much better.

Mr. Moderator, please don't dismiss this photo without considering how important it is to newcomers to the forum. Many have never see the piping lady and many of us derive our inspiration from her.
Joseph E. Smith

Beau Comiseau wrote:
Mr. Moderator, please don't dismiss this photo without considering how important it is to newcomers to the forum. Many have never see the piping lady and many of us derive our inspiration from her.
... well, just as long as it's EVIL inspiration, I suppose I can accept that.
MarcusR
Location: I stay in a place called 'Rooms'... There's a whole chain of them.

Post by MarcusR »

Hi!
I don't understand why you make fun of this "Lady of Uilleann pipes", she is actually a great piper.
I met her at a session a few years ago during the Smelly Fancy's summer school in old lIarland.
Back then she was playing an old vintage full set by the legendary pipemaker Asad Rashid from County Sialkot,
a brilliant craftsman he was.
I always wondered what she was up to now, nice to see that she is still involved in piping and that she still
uses that typical Sailkot playing style.

Cheers!

/MarcusR
There is no such thing as tailwind -- it's either against you or you're simply having great legs!
rgouette
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

~Jesus of Nazareth

Post by rgouette »

Marcus, awesome...

Joe, it's still funny.

:boggle:
Last edited by rgouette on Mon May 07, 2007 9:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
brianc

Post by brianc »

MarcusR wrote:Hi!
I don't understand why you make fun of this "Lady of Uilleann pipes", she is actually a great piper.
I met her at a session a few years ago during the Smelly Fancy's summer school in old lIarland.
Back then she was playing an old vintage full set by the legendary pipemaker Asad Rashid from County Sialkot,
a brilliant craftsman he was.
I always wondered what she was up to now, nice to see that she is still involved in piping and that she still
uses that typical Sailkot playing style.

Cheers!

/MarcusR
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joseph E. Smith

rgouette wrote:Marcus, awesome...

Joe, it's still funny.

:boggle:
... to a corpse, perhaps. :really:
reedman

Post by reedman »

You know Joseph, :wink: I'm starting to enjoy that sence of humour of your's, :really: I like "the rats ass bit", :D get in there son. :P :D
There's those who know,
and there's those who think they know,
and there's those who just have'nt got a fecking Clue.
ceadach
Tell us something.: I am not spammer, I am a human being!! More power to those that foil them!!! The brown fox jumped over the red fence, for what reason, we can not tell you...

Post by ceadach »

Wow. I'm squarely with Joseph here. This bit is as funny as those creepy ass bagpiping Santa Claus ornaments my very elderly grandmother fancies, God have mercy on her.

Now if we were to appoint say... Liv Taylor as "Our Lady of Uilleann Pipes", I'd imagine there'd been far more interest. :wink:
"Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever has not kindness has not faith."
Muhammad

"Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal; bad poets deface what they take, and good poets make it into something better, or at least something different."
T.S. Eliot
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:Honestly, this is getting way old, so much so that it has entirely lost its humor value. How many times can one tell the same joke before it becomes a pathetic chant?...
The operative phrase, I believe, is "REPEAT UNTIL FUNNY".
PJ
TnWhistler

Post by TnWhistler »

OK, so how many friggin times has she been here, I remember once 2, 3 yrs. ago. I agree with whoever said the new members might enjoy it.

Que... Joseph rolling his eyes.

Next time I see something, no matter how hilariously funny it is, not that the Uilleann Lady is Hilariously funny, but, I'm keeping it to myself. The rest of you can just sit and argue over Seamus, or how a whistle chanter isn't proper, or how the 14mm gouge is better than the 15mm, or whatever.

BTW before anyone gets all wound up, I am joking. I am not mad, I find it amusing, so don't send me all the "You're the daftest arse Ive ever seen, or something like that. Oh wait, gotta get some smileys... :lol: :) :P :lol: there, that's let'm know I'm joking.

serious from here out

Timmy sorry, Tim (more serious)
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I think it's the coming back that makes the lady funny :lol: . I'm with you, TnWhistler.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Mike Hulme
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mike Hulme »

Marcus,

I am surprised that you would attribute this set to Asad Rashid when any pipemaker worth his poppadums would know that this is a Finbar Patel set from County KillCurry. :D
Mike

“Si fractum non sit, noli id refere”

http://www.uilleannpipesuk.org
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

so what's wrong with a 15mm incanel gouge???HUH??HUH?????