Dream Oracles Wanted

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
talasiga
antispam: No

Re: Dream Oracles Wanted

Post by talasiga »

Nanohedron wrote:Jeez. I had another dream where my flute cracked, big time. I mean, from one end to another, and not just a split, but in all sorts of directions. Panic, sweat, despair.

Does this mean anything, or should I cut back on midnight snacks?
Yes, cut back on your midnight snacks and you will increase your ability to understand your own dreams.
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Aanvil wrote:At least you didn't dream your flute got all floppy.

That would be bad.
I think maybe he ought to get a blood test anyways.... :P
Where you been spendin' yer nights, nano!? :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
emmline

Post by emmline »

carrie wrote: I had a dream a few nights ago that I had five fish but forgot to feed them for a long time, so they became two-dimensional.
Ok...so you have intelligent, meaningful dreams.
In my fish anxiety dreams the trouble was that the fish kept getting out of the tank, no matter what I did. I've had similar dreams about gerbils/cages.
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

emmline wrote: In my fish anxiety dreams the trouble was that the fish kept getting out of the tank, no matter what I did. I've had similar dreams about gerbils/cages.
I have similar dreams...although mine tend to be about children, and they somehow get away from me and I can't seem to get them back. I suppose that has to do with the fact that I have an abundance of children, but no fish or gerbils :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

emmline wrote:
carrie wrote: I had a dream a few nights ago that I had five fish but forgot to feed them for a long time, so they became two-dimensional.
Ok...so you have intelligent, meaningful dreams.
In my fish anxiety dreams the trouble was that the fish kept getting out of the tank, no matter what I did. I've had similar dreams about gerbils/cages.

Carrie has fears that if she doesn't practice, her music will lack sufficient well-rounded technique.

Emmline fears that at some point she will be unable to control the passions bubbling within. Careful what you post, Em, or you might attract unwanted attentions. :wink:

You too, Izz!
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Innocent Bystander wrote:You too, Izz!
Me too what?
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Caroluna

Post by Caroluna »

Rod Serling wrote:"You're travelling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind; a journey into a land where exploding flutes turn into shrivelled birds and two-dimensional fish...and lovely straw hats convey mysterious and ominous powers. That's the signpost up ahead--your next stop, the Twilight Zone!"
djm

Post by djm »

There was a Pipers' Zone once, hosted by Rod Surly. Coincidence? I think not!

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Denny

Post by Denny »

djm wrote:There was a Pipers' Zone once, hosted by Rod Surly. Coincidence? I think not!

djm
got deleted, dinnit! :moreevil:
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

izzarina wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:You too, Izz!
Me too what?
You too (your dreams) indicate you are struggling to contain the passions bubbling within. Etc. See above.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Innocent Bystander wrote:That's a standard anxiety dream.
Impossible. Eight-key simple system conical bore pre-Boehm post-Classical block-mounted "Ruddall-esque-meets-Nicholson-esque" blackwood timber flutes cannot possibly be your average dreamstuff. I can prove this: everyone calls it a clarinet.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

shoulda got boxwood :wink:
emmline

Post by emmline »

Innocent Bystander wrote:Emmline fears that at some point she will be unable to control the passions bubbling within.
Ok, so the reason I can't get paid is I'm trying to sell stories. If I bottle scented bathing products, perhaps I will achieve success.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

emmline wrote:
Innocent Bystander wrote:Emmline fears that at some point she will be unable to control the passions bubbling within.
Ok, so the reason I can't get paid is I'm trying to sell stories. If I bottle scented bathing products, perhaps I will achieve success.
You know, Em, I think you would do majorly killer fortune cookies. But go for a salary and benefits, not piecework.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

:( What does it mean when I don't have dreams that I remember? (only three that I remember-in my whole life)

Is it some kinda sign? Should I worry-and therefore loose more sleep?and miss more dreams?

signed,

Dreamless :cry:
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West