Dream Oracles Wanted

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Dream Oracles Wanted

Post by Nanohedron »

Jeez. I had another dream where my flute cracked, big time. I mean, from one end to another, and not just a split, but in all sorts of directions. Panic, sweat, despair.

Does this mean anything, or should I cut back on midnight snacks?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

At least you didn't dream your flute got all floppy.

That would be bad.
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gonzo914 »

Sometimes a flute really is just a flute, but in this case, I suspect not.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
djm

Post by djm »

Arrrrg! Shiver me timbers!

Oops! Sorry, wrong date. :oops:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Caroluna

Re: Dream Oracles Wanted

Post by Caroluna »

Nanohedron wrote:Jeez. I had another dream where my flute cracked, big time. I mean, from one end to another, and not just a split, but in all sorts of directions. Panic, sweat, despair.

Does this mean anything...?
In the dream, had you been taking good care of the flute? (humidity, temp., not letting it roll off tables )

If you were taking good care of it and it cracked anyway-- this is your subconscious saying to you "No matter what I do, no matter how hard I work, no matter how careful I am, things keep getting screwed up." Sign of burnout?

If, in the dream, the cracking was a result of your carelessness-- then it's your subconscious saying "it's time to make some changes".

I have a recurring dream that involves our aviary (we have about 60 birds). In the dream I suddenly remember that I have a whole flock of birds to take care of, but I haven't given them any food or water for days!! Sometimes the dream ends in the worst possible way (lots of pitiful dead birdies) but once there was an interesting variation. I went up to the aviary to find all the birds alive, but shrivelled looking, like carrots that have been in the refrigerator too long. I picked one bird up and took it to the sink and gave it a good drink. It immediately plumped up.

I took that to mean "Yes you've been careless and done some harm, but don't despair, it's easier to make amends than you thought."

(Then after the bird plumped up, it bit me a good one. ) :lol:
emmline

Post by emmline »

You must find a flute that is like the palm tree. Or you must be like the palm tree. Or you must play your flute in a palm tree. Whatever. Somebody's not bending and swaying enough.
Clearly, you must relax.
Denny

Post by Denny »

djm wrote:Arrrrg! Shiver me timbers!
might be "Sliver me timbers!"
djm

Post by djm »

Actually, I did write "Sliver me timbers" first off, but then I had a feeling that someone would insist on the proper version, so I beat them to the punch ... only to be advised the opposite. Figures.

Maybe this dream isn't about the flute. Maybe its about blowing too hard. Or maybe laying on a little too much lip. Just a thought. :wink:

djm
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

That's a standard anxiety dream.

a) Is your flute insured? Is your flute an expensive model? Would your mind be made easier by finding a cheaper practice model as well?

b) What else is happening? If the flute is a symbol to you, is it a symbol of everything that's good in your life; music in general; love; family; work; anything else?

If you let this kind of dream prey on your mind, it can become an obsession. When you find yourself stationary with nothing to do, practice daydreaming something good about your flute. Or do this as you fall asleep at night. It gets gilded, or attracts butterflies when you play, or hypnotises somebody or something (rats, if you really must...). If you daydream positive about your flute, the nasty dreams will all but disappear.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Denny

Post by Denny »

djm wrote:Actually, I did write "Sliver me timbers" first off, but then I had a feeling that someone would insist on the proper version, so I beat them to the punch ... only to be advised the opposite. Figures.

Maybe this dream isn't about the flute. Maybe its about blowing too hard. Or maybe laying on a little too much lip. Just a thought. :wink:

djm
just goes that way sometimes...

Ya, I don't think it's got anything to do with his flute either. I think he hates musicals.
djm

Post by djm »

Jayzuz, dat's it! Woy dint I tink o' dat mesel'? Musicals!!!

OKLAHOMA!!!

djm
Denny

Post by Denny »

yep!!!

We've got trouble...
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

. . . trouble . . . trouble . . . right there in Minneap' . . .

Chorus: Right there in Minneap'!

Trouble with a capital T and that rhymes with C and that stands for CRACK!

Chorus: Right up his flute! . . .
Cotelette d'Agneau
carrie

Post by carrie »

Caroluna wrote: I went up to the aviary to find all the birds alive, but shrivelled looking, like carrots that have been in the refrigerator too long.

I had a dream a few nights ago that I had five fish but forgot to feed them for a long time, so they became two-dimensional.
/cf
Denny

Post by Denny »

carrie wrote:
Caroluna wrote: I went up to the aviary to find all the birds alive, but shrivelled looking, like carrots that have been in the refrigerator too long.

I had a dream a few nights ago that I had five fish but forgot to feed them for a long time, so they became two-dimensional.
due for a vacation? :D