the pool models theory

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

the pool models theory

Post by mutepointe »

it's almost summertime and i just bought a new above ground backyard swimming pool. my family has had this theory of "pool models" since i was small. i am from a big & tall family. take a look at the swimming pool ads in your papers. they always have photos of a family of 8 playing volleyball, floating, and swimming all in a little circular pool. 4 of us can fit in a 15 foot pool and we're sure doing nothing but floating and bumping into each other. those people in the advertisements must be well formed minature people. where do they get these people? and are their similar jobs for people from the other end of the spectrum?
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
djm

Post by djm »

Perhaps you are getting confused with defraction. Water has the ability to do that - to bend light. If you look at these people in the pool pictures you refer to, you will see that their limbs under the surface of the water seem to go off at awkaward angles from the same limbs above the water. Just as with light, the water in these pools bends taller people in the same way, folding them into N space. So you see, if you buy the pool whose picture has eight tall people frolicking in it, you too will be able to fold eight tall people into your new pool.

I wish you success.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
missy

Post by missy »

man, my family has missed it's calling in life!!! We could have been pool models!!! Of course, since we were all nearsighted, and wouldn't have glasses on in the pictures, we wouldn't be able to SEE a darn thing, either!

All of my grandparents were under 5 foot. My mom is 5 foot, and my dad was maybe 5'5". I'm 5'4".

Of course, my kids outgrew me when they were still in grade school - Nate wound up 5'11" and Noah is still growing like a weed (3 inches since December!).
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

No, there's a special breed of humans who enjoy cramming 8 people into a wading pool. From the same gene pool you get children who express extreme delight at the antics of G.I. Joe ("Aaaaawwwwwssssoooooome!) and little girls who would like nothing more than to comb the hair on a disembodied Barbie head for hours on end. I am fairly certain that these people also really like Eggo toaster waffles.
djm

Post by djm »

I'm not sure about the waffles, but they seem to love anything that involves addictive behaviour, like roasted peanuts that you have to shell first. Man, once you start, you just can't stop. :boggle:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

missy wrote:man, my family has missed it's calling in life!!! We could have been pool models!!! Of course, since we were all nearsighted, and wouldn't have glasses on in the pictures, we wouldn't be able to SEE a darn thing, either!

All of my grandparents were under 5 foot. My mom is 5 foot, and my dad was maybe 5'5". I'm 5'4".

Of course, my kids outgrew me when they were still in grade school - Nate wound up 5'11" and Noah is still growing like a weed (3 inches since December!).
Hey Missy-- maybe you're my missing sister! I'm only 5'2"..
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
jbarter

Re: the pool models theory

Post by jbarter »

mutepointe wrote:those people in the advertisements must be well formed minature people. where do they get these people?
Hey, it's a living.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
hyldemoer

Post by hyldemoer »

My back yard spa/hot tub has seating in it for 6.
We've found most Americans to be emotionally uncomfortable sitting that close to each other while in 104 (40) temp. water.