Hugh Grant arrested over "baked beans attack"

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Denny
antispam: No

Hugh Grant arrested over "baked beans attack"

Post by Denny »

LONDON (Reuters) - Hugh Grant has been arrested and questioned by police after a photographer accused the actor of attacking him with a tub of baked beans.

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEno ... 9720070427
susnfx
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by susnfx »

Personally, I believe tabloid photographers deserve what they get. I think a tub of baked beans is perfectly appropriate.

Susan
missy

Post by missy »

That's what the photographer gets for hiding in the bushes.......

Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
djm

Post by djm »

There was thing on the news this morning about Richard Gere, too. Apprently he was in India doing some show for AIDS awareness. He hugged one of his co-stars onstage and gave her a kiss on the cheek. The lady is a big star in India. An Indian judge has condemned Gere for his lewd public behaviour, and if Gere ever comes back he will be immediately jailed.

As if Delhi belly wasn't enough motive to stay away from India. :o

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
chrisoff
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by chrisoff »

djm wrote:There was thing on the news this morning about Richard Gere, too. Apprently he was in India doing some show for AIDS awareness. He hugged one of his co-stars onstage and gave her a kiss on the cheek. The lady is a big star in India. An Indian judge has condemned Gere for his lewd public behaviour, and if Gere ever comes back he will be immediately jailed.

As if Delhi belly wasn't enough motive to stay away from India. :o

djm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6596163.stm
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Were they American beans? If so, it was a great gift bestowed upon the photographer.

Were they British beans? If so, Hugh probably couldn't get rid of them fast enough!
emmline

Post by emmline »

I thought it said in the Gere article that while such cases were usually brought before the court, they were usually dismissed with a slap on the wrist. Goofy.
The actress involved was cited for not resisting adequately. I guess she was supposed to deck him or something.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

I was thinking it was a different kind of baked bean attack... :D

I can't help it: it's a guy thing...
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
djm

Post by djm »

Usually the container is long gone in those kinds of bean attacks. :D

djm
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

avanutria wrote:Were they British beans? If so, Hugh probably couldn't get rid of them fast enough!
If it's beans straight from the tin it's got to be Heinz.

Beyond that it's got to be my mother's which have been cooking slowly in the crock all day.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

avanutria wrote:Were they American beans? If so, it was a great gift bestowed upon the photographer.

Were they British beans? If so, Hugh probably couldn't get rid of them fast enough!
:lol: :lol: Just before I got to your post I was thinking about our last discussion of baked beans here and how, if I remember correctly, you have people bring them over to you when they visit and then didn't we get into beans on toast for lunch, and what kind of bread to use, and if it should be buttered, etc.? I never did try them on toast. I keep forgetting.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
djm

Post by djm »

What really bugs me about Heinz beans is that they have all kinds of different types in England that we never get to try here. The one that interested me the most was the curried beans. Might be great, might be awful. I would like to get the chance to try them myself instead of having them proscribed by someone else.

djm
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

emmline wrote:The actress involved was cited for not resisting adequately. I guess she was supposed to deck him or something.
Or at the very least, slap him in the face, yell "Well! I NEVER!!" and them stomp off in a hissy. At least that's what they used to do in the movies ;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

djm wrote:What really bugs me about Heinz beans is that they have all kinds of different types in England that we never get to try here. The one that interested me the most was the curried beans. Might be great, might be awful. I would like to get the chance to try them myself instead of having them proscribed by someone else.

djm
I'd be happy to send you an assortment if you reimburse the shipping - they'll be heavy!
djm

Post by djm »

Avanturia wrote:I'd be happy to send you an assortment if you reimburse the shipping - they'll be heavy!
:lol: Have you tried them? Health report?

djm