Kind Thoughts

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

hyldemoer wrote:Lambchop, did your hairdresser realize how upset you were with the hair cut?
You live in Florida.
Do you think your hairdresser would recognise it if some of the working tools of Santeria were left at his doorstep?

And then never EVER do business with him again.

I'm planning a little . . . err . . . ceremony . . . with his business card.
Cotelette d'Agneau
hathair_bláth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by hathair_bláth »

That's terrible, Lambchop! I had to suffer through a mullet once, and it was awful! Most places around here flat out refuse to do mullets to anyone now. Out of curiosity, what part of Florida are you from?

I finally wised up and started going to my cousin. She does a really good job, but I know I'm safe with her because if she screws up she's got me and the rest of the family to deal with for the rest of her life!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

hathair_bláth wrote:That's terrible, Lambchop! I had to suffer through a mullet once, and it was awful! Most places around here flat out refuse to do mullets to anyone now. Out of curiosity, what part of Florida are you from?

I finally wised up and started going to my cousin. She does a really good job, but I know I'm safe with her because if she screws up she's got me and the rest of the family to deal with for the rest of her life!
While we're on the subject, I notice that your nick can read as "hat-hair". Coincidence?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
hathair_bláth

Post by hathair_bláth »

Maybe..........YES! I hadn't noticed that. :o Don't be getting any ideas.....
mamakash

Post by mamakash »

Lamby, I am so sorry. Horrid haircuts happen to all the girls(and maybe guys, though I doubt as frequently) and I've had my share. I remember being 12 and wanting short hair with a "wave" on top and came out with the top of my head tightly permed. I never heard the end of it from my peers. Everyone called me "bird nest" that year. Anyway . . . that swore me off perms until I got a rod perm at 18(not bad). I loathed getting my hair cut as a teen and spent years when I wouldn't get trimmed. I know the pride of finally getting a small ponytail.
I just got my hair cut a few weeks ago and it looks nice, but the last cut from the same hairdresser was awful! It was terrible from day one and there wasn't a single thing I could do about it. The lesson I've learned . . . it seems to be diffucult to get hairdresser to improvise from a previous style(especially if you just want it a little longer). I search the internet for the style I want and take the picture with me. It seems to minimize goofs.

One of the posts had a good idea. If it really looks bad, you may want to consider a wig. They have some really nice styles and you can change your hair whenever you like.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

I've ignored my long hair for years, trimming the ends myself, BECAUSE of traumatizing hair disasters (strangely enough, some of the mistakes were my own). My sons go to a shop nearby, however, where the stylists, I can honestly say, usually don't cut enough hair..... seems impossible, I know.... Well, they earned my trust. A few weeks ago, I went in, asked how many inches were needed for Locks of Love, she measured, and I said "go ahead".

It was perfect, and perfectly even when she was done. I like it! (my hair had been butt-length, so I guess I still have a lot left!)

I have seen those kiosks in our mall where the ladies fit you with those gorgeous "falls", or whatever they call them, with the pretty hairpins and other accessories. They match them to your haircolor.
That might be nice to try.

Totally sympathize with you, though. The importance of hair cannot be overrated!!!!! (IMHO)

M :party:
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

As a 56-year-old male who wears a pony tail simply and primarily because he is 56-year-old male who can wear a pony tail, I certainly sympathize, Lamb. I let the 20-year-olds at the cosmetology school trim my hair once in a great while just to tidy it up, and I would be on the verge of homicide if they did anything other than just tidying up.

Someone needs to start a "This Man Fugged Up My Hair" website where victms can post warnings for others.

My sympathies, Lamb, my sympathies, and hopefully, someday when your fleece has grown back, we can see Lamb in her new French twist.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

I would have been so mad that everyone within hearing distance, and I can be very loud when I want to, would have known about it. That is probably the worst hair disaster I've heard. Yeah, it'll grow out, but you shouldn't have to go through that again.

I recently waited six months for my haircut. In Sept. the woman who usually cuts it got carried away and intead of my 1920s "bob" she gave me the usual short haircut for our area. So it took six months for the layers to grow out and three weeks ago, I went back, reminded her why it had been so long between cuts, and she gave me a perfect "bob". Yaaaayyyyy, I'm a flapper again. Incidentally, she does usually do a great job, washes and cuts for $8.00.

I know you had to get it fixed, but I would have been tempted to sit outside his shop for a few days, with a sign that said "This is what they did to me", and also elaborate to anyone who would listen. I might even have taken out an "ad".

Daggone, that makes me so mad. Take consolation though, because it's true- what goes around comes around.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
monkey587

Post by monkey587 »

I had my hair cut today. The guy took about 3-5 inches more off than I CAREFULLY requested, but it ended up looking OK. In 6 months or so, maybe it'll look like what I asked for...
William Bajzek
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Having struggled to grow out my own baby fine hair, I sympathize completely. While nothing will give you back your locks, I would lodge a complaint with the owner of the salon, demanding your money back and requesting the termination of the stylist.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

Not gonna read throught the whole thread, but I hope someone has already suggested that you NEVER go to that guy again. His duty is to please you, not make some artistic statement of his own. Ask friends who cuts their hair and go there. If you see a stranger in the street with a cut that you like, stop them and ask where they had it done.
Care to post a pic of your current state? I'm betting that YOU think it's a lot worse than we all will.
In the final analysis, it's only hair and will grow back. Suppose it had been plastic surgery that you didn't like the results of...
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

gonzo914 wrote:As a 56-year-old male who wears a pony tail simply and primarily because he is 56-year-old male who can wear a pony tail, I certainly sympathize, Lamb.
Hey Gonz-- thanks for reminding me that THIS 56 yr old male can grow a pony tail again if he wants to! I always figgered that my podiatry patients wouldn't really care for a hippie doc, but now that I'm quitting in a month, my hair is my own!
Got wood?
pipersgrip

Post by pipersgrip »

i am so sorry to hear about that, my mom has had the same troubles in the past like that before. she has thin hair, and her hair person ruined for 2 years. my mom was devestated for quite some time because it is hard to grow out thin hair. i cant really tell how you feel since i shave my head, but i know what sadness you are going through, i hated seeing my mom like that. sorry for your troubles :( you just dont deserve it.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
Jack

Post by Jack »

brewerpaul wrote:I always figgered that my podiatry patients wouldn't really care for a hippie doc, but now that I'm quitting in a month, my hair is my own!
I venture to say that it has always been your own. But so, too, have your inhibitions and your worries of what your patients would think.
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

Cranberry wrote:
brewerpaul wrote:I always figgered that my podiatry patients wouldn't really care for a hippie doc, but now that I'm quitting in a month, my hair is my own!
I venture to say that it has always been your own. But so, too, have your inhibitions and your worries of what your patients would think.
It's not so much what they would think, but how those thoughts would translate to their coming to the office! I have an elderly patient population and they tend to be quite conservative. It hasn't been important enough to me to push the point. However, on a related note, once I got hired for my new nursing job and knew for certain that I would be leaving podiatry, I got the pierced ear I'd been wanting for quite a while :D
Got wood?