My rant for the day-carrying small dogs

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
fel bautista
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

My rant for the day-carrying small dogs

Post by fel bautista »

I was at lunch and this guy comes to the lunch counter with a small dog in his arms. I assume that carrying an animal into an area where food is prepared (coyotes in Chicago comes to mind) is cause for the health folks to get alarmed. I go out side with lunch and see another person holding a small dog in their arms. Is this a new, happening thing?? Can't small animals walk in L.A. any more?
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

It's happening here, too. I've seen two small dogs in the baskets of shopping carts, another couple being carried, and one in a kind of dog-bag.

There've even been a few wearing home-made "companion dog" vests. I mean, really! Pink with fringe? The letters were obviously iron-on.

Granted, I'm glad they're not leaving them in the car, but can't they leave them AT HOME? Since when did dogs develop social needs that can only be fulfilled in the deli section?

It wouldn't be so bad if they kept to themselves. A few weeks ago in Petsmart -- where I realize they're encouraged -- I was innocently standing in line to pay for a fish-tank plant when I was . . . snorfled . . . by an enormous beast. It licked me. Its owner was oblivious.

Tsk.
Cotelette d'Agneau
harpmaker
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by harpmaker »

"snorfled" I love it! It made me snerf some coffee out onto my keyboard I was laughing so hard!

I've seen the little dogs showing up in odd places too. Kind of freaks me out. Makes me want to go get my daughters Rotwieler , point it at the little dog and say "Look! Lunch!"
Discussing politics is like having a conversation with the ex. You know that no matter what the subject....it could be as innocent as what you had to eat for lunch....you know that they are going to somehow work your past sins into the conversation
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Did the shop have a "No Dogs" sign visible? In the UK these are highly visible on the doors to resturants and food retailers. Guide Dogs are usually allowed anywhere. It's up to the retailer to enforce the restrictions, as far as I know, as it's a civil offense (I think).

Pubs will usually allow dogs, even if they sell food, but it's polite to check, and many times I've sat in the garden at pubs with a dog or two tied to a garden table.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

"Yeah I know that Guide Dogs are usually Labradors or Alsatians. So what have I got, then?"
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
missy

Post by missy »

at one festival we were at, a lady had one of those "teacup" poodles (sorry, I refuse to call THAT a dog) in this little pouch thing she had around her (the lady's) neck. She was taking hammered dulcimer classes, and the dog "hung" there all day.
I guess Buster and Wyley will just continue to live deprived lives........
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Jack

Post by Jack »

Lambchop wrote:Since when did dogs develop social needs that can only be fulfilled in the deli section?
Since they started being diagnosed with epilepsy and can't be left alone?
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

missy wrote:I guess Buster and Wyley will just continue to live deprived lives........
Awww, don't tell me you ain't gonna buy those beautiful boxers a cute neck pouch to ride around in :lol: :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
emmline

Post by emmline »

I guess Tamagotchis became too predictable?
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

I agree that it's silly to carry small dogs around everywhere, but
I don't know why we worry so much about bringing them into
restaurants. Many dogs I've seen are better behaved than some
people's children, and no one kicks those kids out of the restaurant.
missy

Post by missy »

Tyler Morris wrote:
missy wrote:I guess Buster and Wyley will just continue to live deprived lives........
Awww, don't tell me you ain't gonna buy those beautiful boxers a cute neck pouch to ride around in :lol: :P
yeah - as soon as YOU take that slobbering one you have and do the same!!!!!! :D
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

missy wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:
yeah - as soon as YOU take that slobbering one you have and do the same!!!!!! :D
Y'know, I did once have to physically pick her up and carry her home while out on a walk because some little poodle got aggressive and scared the poop outta her.... :lol: :lol:
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
djm

Post by djm »

Lambchop wrote:I was innocently standing in line to pay for a fish-tank plant when I was . . . snorfled . . . by an enormous beast. It licked me.
Okay! Okay! I get the message. Next time I'll shave first. <grumble, grumble>

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Lambchop wrote:There've even been a few wearing home-made "companion dog" vests. I mean, really! Pink with fringe? The letters were obviously iron-on.
Are you implying that folks are trying to pass their dogs off as
companion dogs when they are not??? That's almost worse than
parking in the handicapped spot...
Lambchop wrote:I was innocently standing in line to pay for a fish-tank plant when I was . . . snorfled . . . by an enormous beast. It licked me. Its owner was oblivious.
I must admit, most people would not be happy if their child licked
you (they don't know where you've been), so score one for the
human cubs...
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

djm wrote:
Lambchop wrote:I was innocently standing in line to pay for a fish-tank plant when I was . . . snorfled . . . by an enormous beast. It licked me.
Okay! Okay! I get the message. Next time I'll shave first. <grumble, grumble>

djm
What were you doing on a leash in Petsmart? :boggle: