How to create a DVD from DIVX?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Azalin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

How to create a DVD from DIVX?

Post by Azalin »

Hello,

I got a few AVI/DIVX files, 350MB each, most of them about 50~ minutes, and would like to be able to put two or three of them on a DVD (or as much as can fit) so that they can be playable on a normal DVD player.

Is there any software that would allow me to do that, and even create a DVD menu for me so that you can select the "file" that you want to play?

I know everything about downloading divx and watching on my computer, but nothing about actually creating real DVDs.

Any help appreciated :-)
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Re: How to create a DVD from DIVX?

Post by Wanderer »

Azalin wrote:Hello,

I got a few AVI/DIVX files, 350MB each, most of them about 50~ minutes, and would like to be able to put two or three of them on a DVD (or as much as can fit) so that they can be playable on a normal DVD player.

Is there any software that would allow me to do that, and even create a DVD menu for me so that you can select the "file" that you want to play?

I know everything about downloading divx and watching on my computer, but nothing about actually creating real DVDs.

Any help appreciated :-)
I've done this with something came free with my DVD burner that's really terrible.

A friend of mine uses WinAVI
http://www.winavi.com/avi-to-dvd.htm

A quick google search for "avi dvd" turns up a bunch of hits. this looks good, and has a free trial:
http://smartdvdcreator.com/?id=sdvdcgg& ... hgodwQoEsg
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
BigDavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Azalin

Why not get a divx capable dvd player and save yourself the hassle.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

BigDavy wrote:Hi Azalin

Why not get a divx capable dvd player and save yourself the hassle.

David
David beat me to it...
You can find multi-region DVD players (and some single region ones, but if you're going to go multi-format, just go for the gold) that will support DIVX and other formats.

Here's one

here's another

and one more

here's my ebay search

happy shopping, as my wife likes to say. :)
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Lots and lots and lots of articles on this subject can be found at videohelp.com

For example, here's an article on converting any format to DVD using a program called ConvertXtoDVD
jkwest
Location: the beautiful, untainted NorCal..yes there is one..

Post by jkwest »

Here's the one I use.
http://www.oppodigital.com/dv970hd/dv970hd.html

Even better, it upconverts regular DVD 480i to 720p or 1080i for my HDTV!!

Works really great.
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

Thanks everyone.

The reason why I'm not going to get a DIVX DVD player is that the DVD isnt for me, so convincing some of my friends to buy a new DVD player to be able to watch mine isnt much of an option :-)
djm

Post by djm »

Did you do a Google search? I asked for DIVX to DVD and got lots of stuff. Here's a couple:

Does AVI and DIVX to DVD: http://smartdvdcreator.com/videotodvd.h ... PwodrEyNvg

Does AVI and a bunch of other stuff to DVD: http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

Yeah I looked... but there's some part of me that doesnt trust much "unknown" software in case there's some spyware in there. I found "InterVideo WinDVD Creator" last night and will give it a try this week-end, that's a software I'd trust :-)